Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
First off, your 3 billion number includes remittances by Israeli immigrants. Secondly, aid is part of our foreign policy, Democrat or Republican administrations.

Do you really think that our aid is simply charity? Small part of it, yes -- but for the most part -- it is a component of the interconnected web of relations, military, economic, national security, technology, human rights, etc. etc.

You do not seem to understand the basics of international relations.

So, why did we help UK during WWII? What had they done for us?
No it does not include them. We need to stop the policy, news flash: we are broke and as such need to take care of our own with what we have.

I never said it was all charity, those are your words, it lines the pockets of many people in Israel.

Except that I am an International Citizen, meaning I have much of the world with my own eyes and I am an a lifelong student of History and keep close tabs on world affairs. Sorry but your assessment carries no weight with me.

They were long time allies against a common foe and we could afford to do it. I would say Americas Ties to the UK are far more secure and built upon mutual trust and friendship than that of our relationship with Israel. What has Israel ever done when we asked them to do something? The Israelis are looking out for themselves they rarely ever stand side by side with America when the times get tough.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Perhaps you should educate yourself a bit on Israel-US relations before making such heavily biased and ignorant remarks. The list of cooperative agreements in Peace, Military, Science and Humanitarian efforts and lots more is pretty huge.

US-Israel Strategic & Military Cooperation

US-Israel Economic Cooperation

US-Israel Bilateral Agreements
Agreements not truly kept are not worth the paper they are written on. What on earth does Israel have to bring to an economic table, not much. The only thing military wise that Israel ever provides is some intel the rest is the one way street from here to there. Pssst, the US has agreements with many Nations, some are friends some are not, having an agreement does not make us best buds.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:39 AM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We need to stop the policy, news flash: we are broke and as such need to take care of our own with what we have.
First, we are worse than broke.

Secondly, who said peace is cheap? if you want it cheap, follow Ukraine's example.

Thirdly, according to our Constitution, isn't the Federal Govt main function to provide national security? I mean the real Constitution, not what the liberals want it to be?

Third, no country has ever provided for its national defense and carried out extensive social programs like Europe, which you are alluding to. When we pull our military out of Europe, let's see how Europeans take care of their own, while paying for their own defense.

Remember, the only time in the 3000 years of European history, when Europe hasn't had a war for 70 years, was when we, American taxpayers de-facto provided for their national defense.

Quote:
I am an International Citizen...
That might exist in your head, but it surely is a meaningless eponym.

Quote:
I would say Americas Ties to the UK are far more secure and built upon mutual trust and friendship than that of our relationship with Israel.
Surely now we do, but that wasn't the case before the World Wars, where we decided to go help them, and tie about a thousand strings around their necks.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 AM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,117 times
Quote:
We are not going back, we are adding some more bombing support, and military aide but no combat troops. Nice try, major fail.
So why do we have US military personnel on the ground, and Navy on the Gulf? We may not US infantry and tanks, but we have others. If you think Iraqis and Sirians will do the fighting for us -- then you are living in fantasyland.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
First, we are worse than broke.

Secondly, who said peace is cheap? if you want it cheap, follow Ukraine's example.

Thirdly, according to our Constitution, isn't the Federal Govt main function to provide national security? I mean the real Constitution, not what the liberals want it to be?

Third, no country has ever provided for its national defense and carried out extensive social programs like Europe, which you are alluding to. When we pull our military out of Europe, let's see how Europeans take care of their own, while paying for their own defense.

Remember, the only time in the 3000 years of European history, when Europe hasn't had a war for 70 years, was when we, American taxpayers de-facto provided for their national defense.

That might exist in your head, but it surely is a meaningless eponym.

Surely now we do, but that wasn't the case before the World Wars, where we decided to go help them, and tie about a thousand strings around their necks.
I already said that.

What on earth are you rambling on about, it has ZERO to do with Israel or with anything I posted.

Jeeez how in the world did I land in the Crackpot section of this Board? Need to back track slowly, don't look at them in the eye that will make them even crazier, backing out ...........

Old 09-11-2014, 11:55 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Agreements not truly kept are not worth the paper they are written on. What on earth does Israel have to bring to an economic table, not much. The only thing military wise that Israel ever provides is some intel the rest is the one way street from here to there. Pssst, the US has agreements with many Nations, some are friends some are not, having an agreement does not make us best buds.
I gave you links with hundreds of ways that US and Israel cooperates, including non-trivial economic partnerships which you didn't read. Why? Because you don't want to read them. You don't actually give a damn. You're just going to continue to spout anti-Israel rhetoric no matter what and not let facts rain on your parade of hate. Carry on, my friend.

Last edited by kdog; 09-11-2014 at 12:04 PM..

Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I gave you links with hundreds of ways that US and Israel cooperates, including non-trivial economic partnerships which you didn't read. Why? Because you don't want to read them. You don't actually give a damn. You're just going to continue to spout anti-Israel rhetoric no matter what and not let facts rain on your parade of hate. Carry on, my friend.
haters gunna hate

Old 09-11-2014, 01:23 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Quote:
Didn't you watch Prez last night? We are going back in the Middle East. It'll be a lot easier if we have allies, especially in the region, don't you think?
He isn't bothered much by such minor details. Actully anything that goes against his theories is deemed inexistent.

In a previous post he decided Palestinians and Israelis are one and the same people (give or take a chromosome...) When I pointed to US commitment to Israel going back 60+ years (through democrat and republican administrations), he didn't like the idea and declared that he doesn't have time to deal with people like Nixon.

Arguing such posters is "interesting" to say the least...

On a different topic, they are asking what Israel (as recepiant of our foreign aid) has done for US. However there was never a question about the aid to Pakistan or the Palestinians: here the answer is easy. Pakistan harbored Bin Laden for years! Can you bit that?

Last edited by oberon_1; 09-11-2014 at 01:56 PM..

Old 09-11-2014, 02:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Didn't you watch Prez last night? We are going back in the Middle East. It'll be a lot easier if we have allies, especially in the region, don't you think?
Nope....it's the opposite. The Middle East would be easier to deal with if we had no allies in the region. Gives the appearance of fairness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
He isn't bothered much by such minor details. Actully anything that goes against his theories is deemed inexistent.

In a previous post he decided Palestinians and Israelis are one and the same people (give or take a chromosome...) When I pointed to US commitment to Israel going back 60+ years (through democrat and republican administrations), he didn't like the idea and declared that he doesn't have time to deal with people like Nixon.
You confuse the words "commitment" and "obligation."

You can commit to eating a ham sandwich. You're not obligated to eat one.

Being committed to Israel is one thing. But to say that the United States is OBLIGATED to Israel is horse dung. And to imply that such obligations extend to flat out LOYALTY is even worse.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:18 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
No it does not include them. We need to stop the policy, news flash: we are broke and as such need to take care of our own with what we have.

I never said it was all charity, those are your words, it lines the pockets of many people in Israel.

Except that I am an International Citizen, meaning I have much of the world with my own eyes and I am an a lifelong student of History and keep close tabs on world affairs. Sorry but your assessment carries no weight with me.

They were long time allies against a common foe and we could afford to do it. I would say Americas Ties to the UK are far more secure and built upon mutual trust and friendship than that of our relationship with Israel. What has Israel ever done when we asked them to do something? The Israelis are looking out for themselves they rarely ever stand side by side with America when the times get tough.

Only thing i know of is when Israel attacked our ship LIBERTY a Israeli pilot refused to attack and was sent to a court martial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies