Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we total deregulate marijuana?
Yes 37 56.06%
No 18 27.27%
Other, Explain 5 7.58%
Welcome To Costco I Love You 7 10.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:14 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
In Colorado maybe, Nevada my not be a prime place for MJ for at least 4 to 5 years..But when it does my god the Tourism will be epic.
Yup...and in my opinion we should jump all over it. But damn we still want only girls and boys to get married. I know that is not directly relevant but it shows the problem.

Who in their right mind would want a heavily Mormon tinted group running their libertine industry?

The real key though is that we hold out for everyones right to grow whatever in their backyard. So at least you can get as high as you like on your own property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 07:21 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Maybe not. My stance is though that it should be regulated - it is a mind-altering substance after all, and people are right to be concerned over their children using it, just as they are about children using tobacco or alcohol.

A funny digression - I was not allowed to drink coffee (or pop!) as a child and didn't form a caffeine habit. So I was nearly 30 the first time I drank a cup of coffee, and had been smoking pot for several years by that time. My first reaction was that I couldn't believe coffee was legal and marijuana not, because I'd had plenty of pot that took a couple j's to get high, while an ordinary cup of coffee had me going almost immediately!

Of course, no one now would bother with pot that weak. It really is a different plant, commercially, these days.

I think the only regulation MJ needs is being over a certain age to buy it.

But it doesn't need to be as heavily taxed as tobacco and alcohol, which are very heavily taxed especially tobacco. The tax on MJ should be no higher than the standard state sales tax, which is about 8 to 10% in most states. Colorado's 50% tax on it is unreasonably high and will just drive more people to the black market.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:25 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Yup...and in my opinion we should jump all over it. But damn we still want only girls and boys to get married. I know that is not directly relevant but it shows the problem.

Who in their right mind would want a heavily Mormon tinted group running their libertine industry?

The real key though is that we hold out for everyones right to grow whatever in their backyard. So at least you can get as high as you like on your own property.
Ok should one man be able to marry 5 women? Not against just wanted to know.

Hey If they value liberty and creation of wealth and know how to self police their religious view..

I would love to have the ability to grow on my land and sell to MJ stores..Why not? Make the case against that.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:30 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
How you seen how much it costs to get started in the alcohol industry?

Why should anything be regulated to the degree it is now? Make that case.

My case is why price out the little guys from every getting started...

Really?
You still haven't established that small time players are priced out due to regulations. Let's not forget that we are still talking about something that is still illegal, so paying $5-$20K in annual fees is the least of anyone's worry.

In NV the fee to commercially cultivate is $1200, but less than 50 plants is 5 years and a $250K fine at the federal level.

http://www.mpp.org/assets/pdfs/library/FeesAndTaxes.pdf
FEDERAL Laws & Penalties

Old 08-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:

Hey If they value liberty and creation of wealth and know how to self police their religious view..

I would love to have the ability to grow on my land and sell to MJ stores..Why not? Make the case against that.
What does NV say about selling to MMJ stores? It's $1200 to cultivate, but $30K to dispense to the public. The renewal fee ranges from $1K-$3K.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

You have land?

Old 08-08-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What does NV say about selling to MMJ stores? It's $1200 to cultivate, but $30K to dispense to the public. The renewal fee ranges from $1K-$3K.
Not sure have not looked at the laws, looking at start up costs and the real hassle which is growing..

$30K? Christ.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You have land?
You don't need land, you can do it via hydroponics or in industrial warehouses..Which are the best just because of the shear space you can build a 3 story grow structure and pump in pure C02 to make them grow at a very insane rate.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Not sure have not looked at the laws, looking at start up costs and the real hassle which is growing..

$30K? Christ.
That's to sell to the public and the maximum one time fee. Annual fees are only up to $3K.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's to sell to the public and the maximum one time fee. Annual fees are only up to $3K.
Can they deny that one time fee? And if they do are they required to give you a refund? Is that a fee or the cost of a permit/licence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies