Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:00 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

Hey Ivan, nobody makes fun of our idiot loser President but us!
That's proof that communism causes lasting brain damage for generations after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 05:51 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with everything you stated here well said. And in your last sentence, while I agree on that point also. Let me add, you ought to in life be able to disagree with the opposing party, in a civilized manner and not act the damn fool.

Or believe your point of view is right and everyone else wrong, and you have to make fun that is so childish, and ignorant. No one slapped my behind when I was a baby, and stated to me, you must grow up and think this way, because this is what I tell you is right.
Being able to disagree without histrionics and childish behavior is very important. I'll admit that lately I've become quite short on patience. That said, going on histrionic behavior isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Sadly, there are those who feel that childish behavior is appropriate, even trying to justify it.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:37 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Being able to disagree without histrionics and childish behavior is very important. I'll admit that lately I've become quite short on patience. That said, going on histrionic behavior isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Sadly, there are those who feel that childish behavior is appropriate, even trying to justify it.
If you want to talk about childish behavior, look at an Occupy Wall Street rally or similar left wing type of activist movement. I am well within my constitutional rights to make fun of Barack Obama and if you don't like it, you can leave the country! People like you always jump on the race-baiting bandwagon instead of examining whether these activists were saying that Obama sucks on something or simply that he sucks. Perhaps they wanted to make it slightly more tasteful by using a banana (are Black people the only ones who eat bananas?) instead of a vibrator or penis.

Last edited by D-Towner; 08-12-2014 at 07:47 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 07:48 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
If you want to talk about childish behavior, look at an Occupy Wall Street rally or similar left wing type of activist movement. I am well within my constitutional rights to make fun of Barack Obama and if you don't like it, you can leave the country! People like you always jump on the race-baiting bandwagon instead of examining whether these activists were saying that Obama sucks on something or simply that he sucks. They wanted to make it slightly more tasteful by using a banana (are Black people the only ones who eat bananas?) instead of a vibrator or penis.
Again, none of what you are saying has anything to do with this discussion. This is all a way to deflect from what I said. And a person who deflects from what was said is doing so do to a lack of honor or courage to confront it.

I know you are within your rights to make fun of President Obama. I even said it in my last post. I also said none of this is about freedom of speech. It is about being able to disagree with a politician without acting histrionic and childish about it. Again, what does Occupy Wall Street have to do with the stunt pulled in Moscow?

And something else. I know Blacks are not the only people who eat bananas. I know more White people who eat bananas than anyone else. However, it is also like the watermelon controversy. They are both foods highly associated with Black people. In Russia, bananas are associated with Black people. Now, the laser display features President Obama with a banana in his mouth. Think about that.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
We did and it's funny.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:28 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,691 times
Can someone please explain how it's racist?

Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
It's not but the loony obamabots need to be outraged daily and call people racists. It's simply in their DNA.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
I am against racism, but the projection of Obama as "Hear, see and speak no evil" may not be too far off base.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:03 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Pretty funny. You crazed leftists would be applauding if it was Bush they'd done this too. Just like you applauded when an idiot threw a shoe at Bush or you depicted him as a chimp, Hiler, etc., called him Shrub and so on.

I think, like America, most of the world now see obama as the fool he is.
He is not a fool- he knows exactly what he's doing, and our largely ignorant and apathetic population blindly goes along with him.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:27 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Its Russia afterall; no shock. there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies