Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 01:07 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,549,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Exactly! When some people/businesses voice their opinions liberals like to attack, boycott and insult!
And it seems to work. It's called the marketplace. If these "innocent businesses" have so much support from people on "your side," then why don't they continue to flourish? They don't, because the majority of people in 2014 are disgusted by discriminatory actions coming from a PUBLIC BUSINESS.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:09 PM

15,830 posts, read 21,340,569 times
Quote:
It can.
Losing a confused minority will not hurt most well ran businesses. Most NORMAL people aren't going to stop shopping somewhere because a owner runs a business based on his/her own beliefs, and because a confused minority is upset that the business owners will not toss those beliefs aside.
The confused minority here are the business owners - they are thankfully not representative of most Christians I know now (but certainly the Christians I grew up surrounded by). They should also reject my business because I am a Jew - furnishing goods for my wedding would just be encouraging me to live a life of Jewish sin, right?

I would never turn away a Christian from my business. Never. Even if my services (digital content strategy & marketing) help them to promote things that I find blasphemous, such as promoting a church, Christian living, the Bible, or belief in a false messiah. It's business, not personal.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
The "Gaystapo" strikes again. This time because the business refused to marry two lesbians on the property which was also the owner's residence. So now, besides a hefty fine, the business has to show proof of sensitivity training/indoctrination. This is going to happen again and again across Amerika people. Instead of just finding another place in which to conduct your business LGBTs are going to visit ALL private businesses in Amerika and force the issue. So when do churches stop having the right to refuse LGBT weddings is my question? And if you try to bow out for whatever the personal conviction and refuse to "fly the rainbow flag" you will be ostracized. Kind of reminds me of something that happened somewhere in the late 1930s/early 1940s........

NY Farm Fined $13,000 for Declining Lesbian ‘Wedding,’ Ordered to Prove Staff Training | Christian News Network
Take it up with New York state. This business violated a law. In New York state, it's illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation. Had this farm been in Bloomsburg, PA, no legal action could be taken against them because there is no such law. As a business, it's pertinent to understand the laws of the state that you conduct business in. Once again, stupidity and a bad move on behalf of the owners. So go ahead and start your court case to get sexual orientation removed from the state's discrimination laws. After all, since people like you think that the majority would agree, it should be easy to get that removed from law, right?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM

594 posts, read 344,295 times
Quote:
Are they tying you up and forcing you to go inside? They have the right run a business any way they wish.
I shop owner refuses to serve a black man at the lunch counter or the gay man at the lunch counter, what's difference?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:14 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,014,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
I shop owner refuses to serve a black man at the lunch counter or the gay man at the lunch counter, what's difference?
No difference,It's his/her decision. Personally I would turn around and never go inside again, and go to another one of the thousand of choices I would have. Insanely simple solution. I'm certainly not going whine and ***** about it, and try to change their beliefs.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,877,038 times
Quote:
No difference,It's his/her decision. Personally I would turn around and never go inside again. Insanely simple solution.
But, would you tell your friends about the experience you had there? Would you have an issue if they called for a boycott of the business?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
No difference,It's his/her decision. Personally I would turn around and never go inside again. Insanely simple solution.
And when most people receive crappy service at a business, they tell others. They use word of mouth, they take to social media, they write reviews, etc. That's exactly what this couple did.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:20 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,014,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But, would you tell your friends about the experience you had there? Would you have an issue if they called for a boycott of the business?
No reason, I have many other choices. I'm not going to force them to change their beliefs.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:20 PM

431 posts, read 473,116 times
[quote=JC84;36004368]Except homosexuality ISN'T a choice. What if they decided they don't want to sell to people with mental retardation, that would be fine with you too I assume?[/quote
]What evidence do you have that homosexualty is NOT a choice ? thats what the pedifiles says
its not our choice
so we should except their behavour as well

Old 08-15-2014, 01:23 PM

431 posts, read 473,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
one is a race the other is a lifestyle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies