Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 01:25 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,070,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why they hate the other people in the Middle East isn't any of my concern. Yours either.

Why they hate US is all I'm concerned with, and that question is easy to answer. You already know why.

And just because they invited us to bring our soldiers back in doesn't mean that they'll attack us if we aren't attacking them. They want us to put soldiers back in so that they can embarrass us once again. If we're dumb enough to accept the invitation, that's our fault...not theirs.

And you do have the solution. Mind your own business.
So you can't explain why they attack others who were leaving them alone but you would expect a different response if we leave them alone.

I am not addressing what we should or should not do. I am responding to your question as to why they hate us. Hate is the wrong word. They believe they are to rule the planet and that this is to be achieved through violence. They think they are doing good works, not hateful works. Again, no one can really explain the thinking, or find sound logical reasons, behind extremist ideologies. If think you can, you should contact the WH ASAP because no one else on earth knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 01:38 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times
Quote:
This seems to be the whole point that supporters of the U.S. going back in seem to be missing....even if we went back in we'd accomplish nothing. We can't defeat ISIS no matter what we do. Our multi-hundred billion dollar defense budgets are useless in this matter.

Found this excerpt in a piece in the New Statesman that describes the situation perfectly perfectly:

The piece basically explains why it's futile for us to get on the ground there.

The link...New Statesman | The US and the UK can
We'd need a commander-in-chief who wants to win, or there is no reason to even hope for change.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
So you can't explain why they attack others who were leaving them alone but you would expect a different response if we leave them alone.

I am not addressing what we should or should not do. I am responding to your question as to why they hate us. Hate is the wrong word. They believe they are to rule the planet and that this is to be achieved through violence. They think they are doing good works, not hateful works. Again, no one can really explain the thinking, or find sound logical reasons, behind extremist ideologies. If think you can, you should contact the WH ASAP because no one else on earth knows.
Again, these "others" they're attacking are there...not here.

So why should I concern myself over their activities in the Middle East?

Old 08-19-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
We'd need a commander-in-chief who wants to win, or there is no reason to even hope for change.
The last commander in chief wanted to win...didn't he?

So how come he couldn't pull it off?

You guys are really coming up lame.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Hockey Player View Post
We could win against ISIS if we fought smartly; that is, targeted, precision counterinsurgency tactics instead of the brute force hammer we've been using lately in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Do they have ISIS on their foreheads?

As soon as we hit the ground they can melt right back into the population. It's that easy.

Then you've really got a problem.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Hockey Player View Post
Not when ISIS is being so bold, they're taking land and cities in Iraq. If the US military rolled in today, it'd be a total curbstomp. They would be obliterated within days.
Lol...where have I heard that before?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
The last commander in chief wanted to win...didn't he?

So how come he couldn't pull it off?

You guys are really coming up lame.
He was not allowed to fight an all out war for the purpose of winning, He fought a war to remove sadam .

Old 08-19-2014, 02:58 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
You want to defeat ISIS, stop funding the OIL producing Arab nations, stop sending them weapons and stop nation building.
The only ones who are going to defeat ISIS is when they try and invade a country who actually has to defend itself and has the will and means to do it.

Unarmed people living in a lawless places are DOOMED.
You want to live you want freedom the price to pay is with your blood not your neighbors or another country.
If you love freedom you would rise up and protect it. Seems to me IRAQ soliders we training jumped ship at the moment of trouble and or joined ISIS.

They are getting funding from somewhere. WHERE? Find the connection then you know who the REAL enemy is.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:03 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,070,918 times
Quote:
Again, these "others" they're attacking are there...not here.

So why should I concern myself over their activities in the Middle East?
Why are you concerning yourself with it then? Why are you badgering people who have no say one way or another?

I'll say again, I am not saying what should or should not happen so don't twist my words.

ISIS won't leave you alone because they are following their God's instructions of dominating all other nations through violence. But let's say you leave them alone and they grow much larger and become a viable threat to us. They have to keep trying because it's their God's will. What then? Look at your thread title. You would surrender because you have already accepted defeat. I am just wondering if you have thought things through. No, you haven't. And you don't want rational discussion. This thread is one long emotional rant.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
He was not allowed to fight an all out war for the purpose of winning, He fought a war to remove sadam .
Bush was the most powerful man on Earth. He could've fought any kinda war he wanted.

Don't make excuses for the Texas Goober.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies