Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 03:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Heads on sticks is provacative behavior to cause fear in those that are up close and personal and outrage to those thousands of miles away. How about when Japan, and say Canada have had enough we match the number of their children being deployed, one for one.

How many more $ trillions in federal debt are you willing to rack up and pay off to engage in war?
Seems to me for every extremist eliminated, 100 more take his place.
The Iraq war while it lasted accounted for about 2.9 percent of deficit spending. Most federal debt is due to domestic boondoggles from Amtrak to Solyndra to Obamaphones to subsidies for 'adult babies.'

The 10 Most Outrageous Government Boondoggles I Ever Saw - Sen. Tom Coburn - POLITICO Magazine

If we can deficit-spend to quash a movement that puts childrens' heads on stakes, to me that is money well borrowed. Ronald Reagan went into debt to win the Cold War, and today countries like Poland, Lithuania, etc, live free as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Children Are Reportedly Being Systematically Beheaded By ISIS In Iraq

Catholicnews.org has posted some graphic videos to apparently confirm the practice of placing the severed heads of children under 12 on stakes in a community park. Channeling their inner Tamerlane, no doubt.

Since late 2011 we have been committed to doing precisely that: nothing.
I heard an interview of a woman in Iraq who claimed that ISIS were showing mercy to those Christian children, by cutting their heads off, after being raped by ISIS members. If that is true, it's horribly sick, then again, cutting off their heads for kicks, or simply for being born to Christian parents... is that any less sick?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:38 PM

31,062 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I heard an interview of a woman in Iraq who claimed that ISIS were showing mercy to those Christian children, by cutting their heads off, after being raped by ISIS members. If that is true, it's horribly sick, then again, cutting off their heads for kicks, or simply for being born to Christian parents... is that any less sick?
It really wouldn't matter if they were Christian, Hindu, Buddhist you would be treated just as bad. You may get worse if you were Jewish, Athiest, former muslim or a competing Muslim sect.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
If we can deficit-spend to quash a movement that puts childrens' heads on stakes, to me that is money well borrowed. Ronald Reagan went into debt to win the Cold War, and today countries like Poland, Lithuania, etc, live free as a result.
Wouldn't do any good because the next group would just move in.

What Iraq needs is a strong dictator like Saddam was to keep the people in line and the country stable.
Like it or not these people are not ready for "democracy".

Old 08-20-2014, 03:44 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Hockey Player View Post

So, not even 1% of Islam is the violent jihadi kind that they are stereotyped as.
first you said it was only 1% that was violent Islamists. When you found out that number is as high as 20 million, now it's suddenly "not even 1% is the violent type". Stop making up statistics as you go along. no one's buying it.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Yep, I totally want to saddle my kids with debt just so the Lithuanians can live free!

No, the real problem with the budget is Social Security and Medicare and the like. No one will even mention any cuts, just because so many of the population takes advantage of those benefits.
I will agree with half of your post. The real problem with federal debt is entitlement programs. Entitlements (auto-pilot spending such as SS and medicare) are 60 percent of spending.

I have no problem with deficit spending so that Lithuanians can live free. Liberal democracies do not invade each other--history shows this. So in the long run this is money well spent/borrowed.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:48 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
How many American servicemen and women died for the people of Iraq already? Not another life for the people that failed to do anything to help themselves and often aided in the slaughter of our soldiers.

Here's a suggestion. If you feel that strongly, buy a rifle, ammo and a plane ticket.
wow, guess you have no idea who I am

I am a 911 survivor...am a 25 year army veteran, with combat tours in Panama, Desert storm, Bosnia, 3 tours in Iraq, and one in Afghanistan....and am CURRENLTLY in Afghanistan as a army civilian transportation consultant for redeploying troops and equipment back to the usa...... be there done that, have the t-shirt......what have you done for your country???

Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
I will agree with half of your post. The real problem with federal debt is entitlement programs. Entitlements (auto-pilot spending such as SS and medicare) are 60 percent of spending.

I have no problem with deficit spending so that Lithuanians can live free. Liberal democracies do not invade each other--history shows this. So in the long run this is money well spent/borrowed.
I paid my ss how is this an entitlement?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:52 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Hitler was a Christian.

No! This is not true.

"In Hitler’s words “the heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity” (Hitler, 1953, p. 6). The Jesuits were “swine,” and all of Christianity was “Jewish Christianity” which was comparable with “Jewish Bolshevism.” Hitler concluded that both were evil and both had to be destroyed (Kershaw, 2000, pp. 330, 488). His reasoning was based on his belief that Christianity was an “illegitimate” Jewish child and, as a Jewish child, was swine like its parent that must be eradicated. Hitler considered Christianity the “invention of the Jew Saul” (Azar, 1990, p. 154).
A major reason Hitler opposed Christianity was because Hitler saw Christianity and Science as diametrically opposed to each other (Azar, 1990, p. 154). He concluded science would win, and the Christian church would eventually in due time be destroyed. Hitler even believed science was the creation of the German race.

- Was Adolf Hitler a Christian? -- TrueOrigin Archive

Old 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Show us these tons of examples from MODERN times please.

Not too long ago(within the lifetime of a person living today) in Northern Ireland they will killing people because they followed they WRONG form of Christianity ... Yeah, there was more to it than that ...

For about a thousand years the Catholic Church went around the world FORCING people to join or DIE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies