Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 PM

6,538 posts, read 6,691,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Everybody who hates us says that. If not ISIS, then whoever else comes next. The world can be a dangerous place.

[we can't save it all]
I'm not trying to save anyone, or anything, but us. They have been here....9/11 & they are coming back....the leader of ISIS said it. ISIS is on social media with a picture of one of their sleeper-agents in NYC. They are here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 08:06 PM

56,967 posts, read 25,934,023 times
Quote:
The only problem with your analogy is it is not our roof and boiler. The roof and boiler in question is at a house on the other side of town occupied by people who don't care about you or me. You want us to go over there and fix their roof and boiler. The last time we did that, we not only fixed their roof and boiler, we removed the head of the household, remodeled their kitchen, bought them new furniture, repainted the place, showed the older kids how to maintain the place, bought the little kids toys, showed the new dad how to raise the family, etc. and it went to sxxt anyway because the residents of the house are arguing amongst themselves and they still don't like us. Some the guys we sent over to do the work didn't come back or got hurt on the job. And, to top it off, we paid for all of it. I think we called it nation-building.

And, you say ISIS will destabilize the region? Hello!! It was already destabilized. It is one of the most unstable, unpredictable regions on the planet. We had no business interfering in the political business of Syria or Libya. And we have no business interfering in Iraq - again. It is a civil war. The Iraqi government needs to get the balls to actually do something for themselves instead of relying on us. We gave them what they need to do and they ran. They're not worth saving if they won't fight for their own country.

To think, all the people in this country (our house) who are enduring a variety of issues and we turn a blind eye to them. Maybe we should help them out? But practically the same people who argue for action in the ME would say, "Oh, no...we can't do that. Those people need to take responsibility for themselves!!" and "Not on my dime." But people on the other side of the planet? "We gotta do something...yes, let's help them!!"

[that is stupid]
This is no longer simply a civil war between the Sunnis, Shias and Kurds, this is a terrorist organization with total disregard for human life that will shortly become one of the largest forces in the ME.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:11 PM

56,967 posts, read 25,934,023 times
Quote:
Everybody who hates us says that. If not ISIS, then whoever else comes next. The world can be a dangerous place.

[we can't save it all]
We ignored Rwanda, Darfur and others, this appears to be quite a different threat and not just a civil war. Internal conflicts are one thing this extends well beyond, when was the last time a civil war threatened this many countries.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:15 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,698,333 times
[quote=HappyTexan;36005517]So ISIS is the new boogieman we all need to fear ?

AQ, Taliban, ISIS[/quo

we must act when its a CR-ISIS

what ever happened to Syria, don't they have a crisis?? hundreds of thousands of people killed tens of thousands of woman and children but not a peep on the lamestream media.. I guess if you are not an Allie or a country with a lot of go go juice you don't matter..

Old 08-08-2014, 08:24 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,423,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I'm not trying to save anyone, or anything, but us. They have been here....9/11 & they are coming back....the leader of ISIS said it. ISIS is on social media with a picture of one of their sleeper-agents in NYC. They are here.
I'm sure they will. And we should be ready for them like we are for the Russians, the Chinese, and whoever else you can think of. Just like we can't save everyone we also can't bomb everyone.

[it would be neverending war]

Old 08-08-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I'm sure they will. And we should be ready for them like we are for the Russians, the Chinese, and whoever else you can think of. Just like we can't save everyone we also can't bomb everyone.

[it would be neverending war]
The Russians & the Chinese are not coming here. ISIS is here. Big difference. I'm not looking to bomb the world....just confront the threat before us.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is no longer simply a civil war between the Sunnis, Shias and Kurds, this is a terrorist organization with total disregard for human life that will shortly become one of the largest forces in the ME.
So let the other forces in the ME like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, etc. deal with them. Or, for that matter...Iraq.

[when did everyone suddenly become sympathetic to lives of those in the ME?]

Old 08-08-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The Russians & the Chinese are not coming here. ISIS is here. Big difference. I'm not looking to bomb the world....just confront the threat before us.
Russia and China are threats. And far more capable. And they are not our friends. You don't think there are Russian and Chinese agents here? Just because they haven't taken selfies doesn't mean they aren't here.

[come on]

Old 08-08-2014, 08:37 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,068,231 times
When ISIS comes to Arizona, I'll worry about them.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Russia and China are threats. And far more capable. And they are not our friends. You don't think there are Russian and Chinese agents here? Just because they haven't taken selfies doesn't mean they aren't here.

[come on]
You come on.....you think Russian & Chinese agents are going to plant bombs on our subways ? Fly planes into out buildings ? It's never happened. Islam on the other hand....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies