Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:24 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geez...

The Domino Theory and Godwin's Law (Munich '38) all in one post. Great.

Hey...ummm...the Cold War ended back in '89-'90. Perhaps you've been asleep for the last few decades.
The point I was trying to make was that every "movement" starts out small…until it isn't. And this one isn't even small anymore.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 08-09-2014 at 03:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 03:27 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Clean it up? I don't think it can be cleaned up. If 10 years wasn't enough time for the Iraqi government to stand on it's own, how long will it take? 20? 40? 100? How many American lives are you willing to sacrifice for this? How many tours of duty in Iraq is enough for any individual service member in your opinion? How many years away from their families should they have to spend? How much money is enough? Is everyone who supports this willing to support taxes high enough to afford it?
At least one "expert" I heard on the radio said that the problem is that we Americans are unwilling to commit to the time it would take TO clean it up.

How long were the Brits in Iraq?

We Americans are impatient, all to willing to declare victory and walk away because 10 years IS WAY MORE than enough.

It's like fathering a child. Might not have been a bright idea, but then there IS an obligation.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:35 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
chuck,

think he was talking about shazam/isis hour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shazam!_(TV_series)
I thot I was being funny, but I've been advised to keep my day job many times !!!

Old 08-09-2014, 03:37 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
These are the "insurgents" that McCain wanted us to give heavy arms to in Syria.
Thank goodness Obama only gave them small arms.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:47 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
It was fascinating watching the talking head war mongers on tv today with all their warning about how ISIS was a real threat, would be soon carrying out operations in US cities, etc. I just shook my head in disbelief. How many times are we going to fall for this stuff? Americans have got to be among the dumbest people on the planet.
There are over 100 Americans that have joined ISIS. You may be shaking your head wondering why the US allowed them to return to the US and they start carrying out operations in US cities. Americans were stunned by 9/11 wondering how terrorists were able to pull it of. Does the Boston Marathon ring a bell? That should tell you that ANYTHING is possible. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but I don't rule out that it isn't impossible, especially since the US is the main target of these haters.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:48 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
They are not envious of our freedom, OK? The only reason they want to kill us is because we interfere in their quest to kill each other. If we just let them kill each other, exterminate each other, do whatever to each other, they will be happy and we will be left in peace.
Really? What part of raising thier flag on top of the white house is leaving us alone. And dont give me that is because we just bombed them. World domination where everone is a muslem is thier stated goal.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:59 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Whenever we run outta wars and interventions,...it never takes us too long to find another "bad guy," does it?

You can almost set your clock to it. Lol
I wish I could put you on a plane and then have you parachute down into an ISIS or ISIL convoy. I'd love to see you use the attitude around these terrorists that you have on this forum.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:01 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Whenever we run outta wars and interventions,...it never takes us too long to find another "bad guy," does it?

You can almost set your clock to it. Lol
They would cut your head off in a New York minute.

But go on......

Old 08-09-2014, 05:11 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I'm not saying it WILL happen, but I don't rule out that it isn't impossible, especially since the US is the main target of these haters.
Why are we the main target of these haters?

Old 08-09-2014, 05:22 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why are we the main target of these haters?
Maybe it might have something to do with us being the biggest obstacle to their goals and aspirations?

Besides, judging from what they are doing in their own countries, I don't know that we ARE the main target. At least for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies