Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:09 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
You messed up by taking the choice from the child. Instead of saying No. Leave them alone. It would have been better to educate them what bees do and that there was nothing good that was going to come of it, but if you want to learn the hard way, be my guest. Just don't come whining to me, or I'll make it hurt more.
They were "educated" about what would happen if we went into Iraq. They had a choice; they had the facts; and they did it anyway. Now we all have to deal with the consequences. When a kid starts a fire in the yard, you don't rush out and pour gasoline on it unless you're an idiot.

How would you make it hurt more in the context of the Iraq boondoggle? The country is already destabilized and being taken over by extremists and terrorists. I suppose we have the option of doing nothing or, as your response to the child would suggest, arming the extremists and making the situation even worse. But is that really an acceptable outcome?

Are we really prepared to live with a terrorist state in Iraq in addition to the terrorist state we already have in Afghanistan? Do we pull out our diplomats and shut down the embassy rather than protect it? Or do we leave them to fend for themselves (now that actually would be scandalous, unlike the Benghazi political witch hunt).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 08:26 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Have you heard of satire? The Final Edition is like The Onion....fake news stories written with humor and satire.
BUT, quite often satire points out what SHOULD be done!
Perhaps that is why MAD magazine was so popular...

Old 08-09-2014, 08:27 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Let's put this in a way that maybe even the right wingers on C-D can understand...

Consider a parent and child. Child wants to harass the bees outside. Parent says no leave them alone because they'll get stung. Child messes with bees anyway. Now parent has to deal with bee situation and sprays them with a can of Raid.

Apparently the parent is now a lying hypocrite who flip flops on whether or not we should mess with bees.

Same thing with Iraq. We shouldn't have gone in and destabilized it, but given that we did it anyway, we now have to deal with the mess.

To right wingers, you left wingers are like children, you just can't leave things "bee"...

Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:

Same thing with Iraq. We shouldn't have gone in and destabilized it, but given that we did it anyway, we now have to deal with the mess.
No,we don't. We can choose to not deal with the mess in Iraq. Even an Obama lemming should be able to understand that.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I find it ironic that Obama focuses on protecting people on the mountain... Does he know they are actually located throughout the country... He is basically protecting those on the mountain for PR as he abandons the persecuted that are not on the mountain.... It's ironic because the media and people can't even realize the oblivious....

Old 08-09-2014, 08:56 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
"I was against it before I was for it" is his battle cry. What a pathetic leader who thinks dropping bombs is not war.

6 Times Obama Was Against Military Action in Iraq - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Come on now, how can a Nobel Peace Prize winner be capable of war?

The sad thing is that it diminishes those who really deserved it, such as Mahatma Gandhi.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
No,we don't. We can choose to not deal with the mess in Iraq. Even an Obama lemming should be able to understand that.
So we close the consulates and embassies, pull out whatever remaining military personnel we have, and wash our hands of the mess we created?

That may well be the right thing to do, but something tells me the right wing would bash him for that too.

As usual, he finds himself in a no win situation.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
"I was against it before I was for it" is his battle cry. What a pathetic leader who thinks dropping bombs is not war.

6 Times Obama Was Against Military Action in Iraq - Hit & Run : Reason.com
What's pathetic is the belief the world is a static place and conditions never change.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:43 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Oh please.

Dems that are anti-war should be voting third party. Otherwise, don't be surprised and don't complain about it later.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
So we close the consulates and embassies, pull out whatever remaining military personnel we have, and wash our hands of the mess we created?
Yes. Our involvement will change nothing. We will just be replacing one bad guy with another. That will not change in our lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies