Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:58 PM

994 posts, read 1,545,128 times

Advertisements

Defense Department spent 15 billion of your tax dollars, but can't say where...

Spending On Iraq Poorly Tracked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 02:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Well not to worry..out government will fund some more money that can get "lost".

Old 05-23-2008, 05:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
congress wasted 17 billion and we got just about as much in return as the military's lost money. The waste never ends..

Old 05-23-2008, 07:44 PM

464 posts, read 660,752 times
Default More like trillions !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post

This article says more like $2 Trillion missing: The War On Waste, Defense Department Cannot Account For 25% Of Funds — $2.3 Trillion - CBS News

Old 05-23-2008, 08:30 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,511 times
Brits are so generous. They lighten one person's wallet to give someone else healthcare, they lighten the load of guns from each others hands and now ones come to help us with our tax money.

They're so sweet.

I guess this is an occassion for Americans to call their Congressional representatives to investigate... because each of us has three Congress people who deal with these things... but lets not p'n'moan like sissies who are helpless.

Want to know how?

Go to U.S. Senate and United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session

At the top of both pages, you enter your state or zip and it gives you the contact info. All you have to do is say "I'm a voter and I'd like to know X."

If you don't like what they say, then it's up to you (that's the bad part of democracy: responsibility) to change your Congressional representation.

Hope that helps. Complain no more: You are now empowered.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Complain no more
What is going on here is informing, not complaining. I really can't stand the shills on here that try to stifle debate.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post

Just part of the program with those "fiscally responsible" Republicans

But listen to them scream about the "waste" of taxes going to social programs HERE in the USA!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Just part of the program with those "fiscally responsible" Republicans

But listen to them scream about the "waste" of taxes going to social programs HERE in the USA!
Please! Let's once and for all stop this fake left-right nonsense. Both parties are bought and paid for and owned by the same masters. Regardless of which party is in power, the government gets bigger, we get more in debt, our country is getting sold off more and more, and our standard of living rapidly decreases.

The Democrat vs. Republican finger-pointing is a fraudulent tactic created by the power elites to keep us preoccupied so that we don't tackle the real problems.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:47 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
What is going on here is informing, not complaining. I really can't stand the shills on here that try to stifle debate.
I'm sorry... I thought you were complaining.

So, what exactly do you propose gets done about the missing funds? You think if it's for a covert operation, the government should stop doing them?

What exactly are you looking to accomplish with the debate?

Quote:
Please! Let's once and for all stop this fake left-right nonsense. Both parties are bought and paid for and owned by the same masters. Regardless of which party is in power, the government gets bigger, we get more in debt, our country is getting sold off more and more, and our standard of living rapidly decreases.

The Democrat vs. Republican finger-pointing is a fraudulent tactic created by the power elites to keep us preoccupied so that we don't tackle the real problems.
I have to agree to an extent. There are segments of both parties who are fiscally liberal and fiscally conservative. If you want small or large government, you really have to look beyond the R or the D. However, Democrats are the biggest users of earmarks. They're really, really bad. Whereas, Representative Lake of AZ (R) has taken no earmarks the past session.

You just have to stay on top of your Congress people.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:44 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:

yuppers, because when you can get 2 sides fighting, the profits go to the 3rd selling the weapons safe on the sidelines. Everybody brush up on the starbellied sneeches dr seuss book. K?

why is it ok with any citizen regardless of party affiliation that americas wealth is hemmoraging out the door?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies