Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 04:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Yeah...they have the right to destroy the whole state of Missouri.

Wow..what a compelling question.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Show me where the police have used unnecessary force against protesters. The likely scenario with the journalists at the McDonald's was that police felt that a mob was coming and wanted to evacuate patrons at the businesses in the direction that the mob was moving.
Then tell them that when asked.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:58 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
According to the CBS nightly news report I saw about 15 minutes ago, most of these black rioters/looters are not from Ferguson. The reporter didn't say where they were from, however.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:00 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
I understand the outcry over the shooting of the teenager. I understand that Blacks in this country have suffered more than many other ethnic groups. I understand that the Black race in the US has not made it to being on equal standing with Whites. I know these things. I don't have personal experience as I am not Black, but I want you to answer me one question:

If you owned a store in Missouri, and you sided with the Blacks on the one, would you be OK with some of them robbing your store because "it's justice?"

If you can't answer this honestly and find yourself making excuses for criminals, your silence is one of the reasons bad people get away with their actions.
Absolutely not!

But i feel very bad for this black teenager and his family.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:02 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,629,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
According to the CBS nightly news report I saw about 15 minutes ago, most of these black rioters/looters are not from Ferguson. The reporter didn't say where they were from, however.
One was from Dallas, the others arrested were from surrounding counties and the city of St.Louis.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:03 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not sure what all he has said and would have to read it to comment.
Here is a link: Belmar: Struggle over gun led to teen's shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Show me where the police have used unnecessary force against protesters. The likely scenario with the journalists at the McDonald's was that police felt that a mob was coming and wanted to evacuate patrons at the businesses in the direction that the mob was moving.
Google Ferguson police and protesters and take a look at the resulting news articles. Or, for a take from an experienced law enforcement officer--an officer who was involved in the response to Seattle's WTO protests, see: Seattle's former police chief speaks out on Ferguson and police militarization - Vox

Old 08-14-2014, 05:05 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,363 times
Sure. But there are consequences to every action.

I just don't see what rioting and looting are doing for the situation or how exactly it's helping their cause. Sure, it'll help them gain attention but it won't change what's been done.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
It would appear he is stating what the police officer said as fact. I agree he should not be doing that. If he had said, "the officer said......" that is routinely done and probably not a problem. That is not what he did.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:10 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It would appear he is stating what the police officer said as fact. I agree he should not be doing that. If he had said, "the officer said......" that is routinely done and probably not a problem. That is not what he did.
Agreed. It is especially troubling when the department had not yet interviewed eyewitnesses.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
I understand the outcry over the shooting of the teenager. I understand that Blacks in this country have suffered more than many other ethnic groups. I understand that the Black race in the US has not made it to being on equal standing with Whites. I know these things. I don't have personal experience as I am not Black, but I want you to answer me one question:

If you owned a store in Missouri, and you sided with the Blacks on the one, would you be OK with some of them robbing your store because "it's justice?"

If you can't answer this honestly and find yourself making excuses for criminals, your silence is one of the reasons bad people get away with their actions.
It is not a right when you trample on the rights of others. The rioting is a symptom. Treat the cause. Quit killing our people and hold our biggest organized crime unit, law enforcement, responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies