Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
People look different lying down.
You're right, and everything's so blurry.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
BTW- Why are there so many working age adults standing around protesting in the middle of the day? Do none of these people have jobs?
Conservative posters ask this all the time when liberals and/or blacks are out protesting. But they never seem to ask when all the repubs were protesting during the Clinton admin. or the tea party crowd.

Maybe they work at night or they took the day off to protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sure, this is a little extreme, but here is a case where hands and feet were classified as deadly weapons by the court.

Fernando Rodrigues jailed: Judge rules martial arts fighter's hands and feet are 'deadly weapons' | Mail Online

Okay, well that's a first. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:26 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why don't you link to those photos and explain to me how you can tell from them that he was shot at "some distance"?

The only way I know that they can tell distance is if it was really really close and he has visible powder burns on his clothes\flesh.

How can you tell he was shot at some distance?

I guess we shouldn't bother waiting to hear from the FBI forensics experts seeing as how you've "seen some pictures"? What's your background in this kind of investigation, watched every episode of CSI or something?
Not CSI, but I've watched a lot of The First 48 !

Old 08-15-2014, 11:28 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't yet accept as Fact that Brown didn't have a weapon. It's pretty certain he had no weapon on his body. That he didn't have a weapon before the shooting is not a Fact.
No gun recovered at the scene. Highly unlikely that with police (including the officer that shot him) right there that a wheapon just vanished *poof*.

It's illogical to claim there was a wheapon where no proof of one existed and then try to have others prove a negative that there was no wheapon.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Conservative posters ask this all the time when liberals and/or blacks are out protesting. But they never seem to ask when all the repubs were protesting during the Clinton admin. or the tea party crowd.

Maybe they work at night or they took the day off to protest.
They were planned out way ahead of time, and usually on weekends.

That being said, if I believed the police murdered an innocent person from my neighborhood, I'd probably skip work to participate in a protest (protest, not riot).

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not CSI, but I've watched a lot of The First 48 !
Thanks. Still waiting to hear how you can tell the distance he was shot at by looking at a photo of his body.

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If you go and look at the awful photos of Mike Wood's body lying on the road, he doesn't look nearly as burly and fat as the guy in the store. So maybe it isn't him. THe guy in the video has a big gut.

But if the shoes, hat, T-shirt, and shorts are all identical to the body of the deceased, then it was probably him stealing the cigars.
I do agree the body mass looks very different. In addition, the fact this "info" was not disclosed for 5 days ..reeks of a pd coverup.

Now, even if one believed the cops, in the developed world, we do not have the p.d. execute a suspect. To those who disagree, if the cop is charged with a violent crime related to the shooting, you must be comfortable than with the arresting officer executing his sentence.

I'm starting to question whether this is a St. Louis suburb circa 2014 or perhaps Philadelphia, Mississippi circa 1964.

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen613 View Post
If they are gang signs (I wouldn't know), but most teens like to take pics like that because they think it's cool. Some one of the so called gang signs are probably the person giving a peace sign but holding their hand sideways.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Since liberals and other stupid people apparently need to be told this, here it goes:

Next time you feel compelled to slug someone, you might want to consider that they could be armed with a gun and aren't afraid to use it against you for being aggressive and threatening.

Life Lesson #1: You heard it first, right here on City Data, from AeroGuyDC.

You're welcome!
What's the point in telling them that? We've actually had more than one person post here that they would SPECIFICALLY TARGET people carrying guns to "mess with" them. "I'll just walk up behind you and grab your gun!" and other such nonsense.

Those with an unhealthy obsession with guns (and I'm not talking about the collectors) tend to be on the arrogant-but-stupid side anyway. I would chalk any such incident up to Darwinism on display.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:34 AM

287 posts, read 593,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
If it's about "getting physical and assaulting the police," why is the robbery relevant? Why did you even bring it up? Also, do you have any evidence that Brown actually did "get physical and assault the police"? You are deeply confused.

And you know, actual libertarians are outraged about Brown's shooting. Read any libertarian publication online.

Because the robbery started this whole chain reaction. It's why he was pursued by police in the first place. You know this - why are you asking?

I am a Libertarian. But, like other political and civic philosophies out there, I cannot always be lumped into the exact same beliefs as everyone else. Let's not get off track from the topic of this thread.

A normal human being does not choke a shop owner and steal from them. I'm sorry but maybe that's another reason I won't be crying over this story. Even in my rough years as a teen, I never took part in violence or outright and open thievery like this guy.

What happened to this country in the past 20 years? Look at all the "hoods" and degraded areas in EVERY American city (big and small) that never existed in the past? I am not an 'old school' type of person. However, I am interested in how society changes from one decade to the next. We have had mostly negative changes and not positive over the past several years. Has voting for Democrats really help anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies