Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 11:47 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times

Advertisements

If the kid was resisting arrest why not use the taser on him before resorting to deadly force? Is the Ferguson PD not equipped with tasers? And if the police knew they were looking for a strong armed robbery suspect why not more cops on the scene? You'd think that they would have more than just one cop handle it. Lots of questions about this incident and so far not many answers.

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Johnson already admitted to going to the store and taking the cigars.
It was just on CNN that Johnson is not going to face any charges for that incident....I guess because he just stood there, although I think Michael Brown did hand Johnson one box of the cigars.

Last edited by ellemint; 08-15-2014 at 12:06 PM..

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not just from the photos, but because at least 3 witnesses report the same scenario: They say the cop was going after him, and kept shooting as Michael fled, and also kept shooting when Michael turned around with his hands up.

At that point, the cop should have stopped shooting. The distance isn't even that important, it's the fact that he was shot in the back (if that turns out to be the case), and that he was shot while surrendering with his hands up (if that turns out to be true.)
His Uncle is telling the press the cops shot him in the face.
Crump says the cop assassinated him in cold blood.

Police: Teen shot by cop suspect in recent robbery
"It still doesn't justify shooting him when he puts his hands up," he added. "You still don't shoot him in the face."

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Crump released a statement regarding the robbery.

He said that first the police assassinated this teen and are now attacking his character and that it's all smoke and mirrors by the police.

Also, Johnson has admitted to being in the store and taking the cigars. This was released by Johnson's lawyer.

Police: Teen shot by cop suspect in recent robbery
how odd that he didn't feel that part was relevant

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The only thing you've given me is a deepening dislike of the right, you used to actually post some things that made sense even if I didn't agree with them, now not so much.
I'd like to thank the gutless wonder who sent me an unsigned 'fock u' message for confirming what chickenpoop pissants some folks are when they can hide behind a keyboard.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:48 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I just find it interesting that anti gun full on liberals are so against the very authorities who they say are the only ones qualified to own firearms, the police.

All of the facts are not out. We do know that an unarmed big man was killed by a police officer after him and his buddy committed a crime. The buddy may now be charged homicide.
Maybe some of us liberals aren't too keen on a heavily armed society---whether it's criminals or the cops. Police in many countries don't even carry guns.

Quote:
It was just on CNN that Johnson is not going to face any charges for that incident....I guess because he just stood there, although I think Michael Wood did hand Johnson one box of the cigars.

They have no intentions of arresting Johnson for obvious reasons but NOT because he just stood there.

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They were planned out way ahead of time, and usually on weekends.

That being said, if I believed the police murdered an innocent person from my neighborhood, I'd probably skip work to participate in a protest (protest, not riot).
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I do agree the body mass looks very different. In addition, the fact this "info" was not disclosed for 5 days ..reeks of a pd coverup.

Now, even if one believed the cops, in the developed world, we do not have the p.d. execute a suspect. To those who disagree, if the cop is charged with a violent crime related to the shooting, you must be comfortable than with the arresting officer executing his sentence.

I'm starting to question whether this is a St. Louis suburb circa 2014 or perhaps Philadelphia, Mississippi circa 1964.
IDK but to me it seem suspect this info is released the same day they name the cop. I don't know why it took so long to release his name. No one will do any harm to him except maybe a few threats from trolls on the internet.

Quote:
Crump released a statement regarding the robbery.

He said that first the police assassinated this teen and are now attacking his character and that it's all smoke and mirrors by the police.

Also, Johnson has admitted to being in the store and taking the cigars. This was released by Johnson's lawyer.
Don't like Crump. They should get another lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinealley View Post
This is prime example of the victim being criminalized and demonized, though it could be true, we don't know because still photos are not good indicators of full incidents. Please wait for the facts before saying that it was strong armed robbery.
I've never heard of a strong armed robbery before. Is this a new term?

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

We do know that an unarmed big man was killed by a police officer after him and his buddy committed a crime.

Wrong. The Ferguson pd just stated his buddy had no role in any incident that day, and will NOT be charged with any crfime.

As for Brown's assassain, Wilson, that issue has not been resolved.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Maybe some of us liberals aren't too keen on a heavily armed society---whether it's criminals or the cops. Police in many countries don't even carry guns.
Yet here it is, stashed away in closets until needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies