Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 01:46 PM

46,192 posts, read 26,873,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've given you my opinion on black on black crime?

Tell me Bammer...when did I do that?

Also tell me when I said that I was forced to hang out with "whities?"

That's a racial slur..And I don't use those. Just because you regularly use them (especially one in particular), don't assume the rest of us do.
Give me time and I'll find that exact remark....

You are given your opinion, right now...

What racial slur do I use regulary? Go ahead...I'll wait....

Old 08-15-2014, 01:48 PM

38,981 posts, read 50,929,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Do some of you have mental disorders? Have you not friggin learned to stop the stupid allegations until more of what ACTUALLY happened is learned? There may be a chance you are right. But you get no kudos for that. You sit there and act like you know it all, when you don't know any more than any other citizen.

So no, it is NOT "all pretty clear" now. They are still doing an investigation. Unless you were there, you don't know a damn thing.
I've got it right. You will see.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,174,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludja View Post
I still find it suspect that there is no cell phone video. People whip out theor phones all the time when cops are involved. Hell, they whip them out to take video of the dumbest things and post them all over YouTube. But, this, no not this incident where video could have proven helpful.
That was the first thing I thought of as well.
Youtube is full of them. There's several of the cops choking that guy in NYC.
Strange how there are eyewitnesses and not one video to back them up.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:50 PM

662 posts, read 1,043,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludja View Post
I still find it suspect that there is no cell phone video. People whip out their phones all the time when cops are involved. Hell, they whip them out to take video of the dumbest things and post them all over YouTube. But, this, no not this incident where video could have proven helpful.
I've been wondering the same thing. Something is amiss in this case.

3,570 posts, read 2,503,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Could you please place link to this information.

A report I read earlier said the confrontation was shortly (something like 10 or 15 minutes) after the robbery. I'd like to read more to reconcile the timeline.

Since the cops supposedly reviewed the video prior to the confrontation with Brown, 10 to 15 minutes doesn't sound right.

Thanks.
Shooting of Michael Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - look at the times of the robbery and the shooting.

You can also take a look at the police report: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/im...ice-report.pdf

Dispatch is at 11:53. Page 17 shows "shots fired" at 14:11 or 14:12 (i.e., just after 2 p.m.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Strong arm robbery is one in which there is no weapon and physical force is used instead.

If there were a gun then that is armed robbery.
Someone earlier posted the requirements for a first-degree robbery in Missouri, requirements which do not appear to be met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No it didn't. It was minutes before. AND here he is roughing up the clerk:
See above. That is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Well, if the witnesses stories all turn out to be accurate, the cop will be found guilty then. At least according to precedent cases.

But whether or not Brown committed a felony makes all of the difference.
Whether or not he committed a felony does not make all the difference. What makes all of the difference is what happened during the shooting.

Quote:
Where are you getting first degree robbery from ?

It was "strong arm robbery".
Correct--those responses were to the poster who listed the reqs. for 1st degree robbery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Where in the heck did you get that. FYI Johnson is in the video getting handed the cigars by Brown.

The shooting took place within minutes of the 911 call about the robbery.
You are wrong about the timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He admitted to the federal investigators that he took the cigars. That makes him an accomplice subject to prosecution.
Not necessarily. It probably makes him guilty of receiving stolen property, and it potentially makes him an accomplice in the robbery. It depends.

Quote:
I read the robbery happened in the morning and the cops confronted them at noon.
Maybe they blunted up all those cigars and smoked them and were high as kites and did what they did.
Look at the police report. The robbery occurs at about 11:52. The shooting occurs at about 2:12.

57,022 posts, read 35,024,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Give me time and I'll find that exact remark....

You are given your opinion, right now...

What racial slur do I use regulary? Go ahead...I'll wait....
What opinion on black on black crime did I express on this thread?

What slur? Take a guess.
But don't put "whitey" in my mouth. I never said that.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:53 PM

4,298 posts, read 4,391,019 times
Quote:
No it doesn't but it does change the entire face of the picture here doesn't it ?

Still believe it was mere jaywalking and a cold blooded assassination for no reason whatsoever ?
How can you not? He was surrendering and the cop shot him down. Theft doesn't get the death penalty and certainly not on the spot by a police officer. This was murder.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:53 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,503,280 times
Quote:
That was the first thing I thought of as well.
Youtube is full of them. There's several of the cops choking that guy in NYC.
Strange how there are eyewitnesses and not one video to back them up.
Is your first response to gunfire to take out your cell phones and take video? I would probably take cover. And there are a few more people on the street in NYC than there are in Ferguson.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,346,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Still doesn't excuse the cops for shooting an unarmed person (especially when giving up). It doesn't excuse them for leaving the body on the street for 4 hours. It doesn't excuse them for having their snipers pointing at the people who were protesting. It doesn't excuse them for ignoring the 1st Amendment of the Constitution and arrested two journalists and shooting tear gas & rubber bullets at a TV camera crew & journalist. The kid was a dumb ass thug, but that doesn't excuse them. The ramifications of this incident go beyond his petty theft.
We don't even know if that happened. If the only person who saw it was his thieving buddy, well this case is pretty much over.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,346,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Shooting of Michael Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - look at the times of the robbery and the shooting.

You can also take a look at the police report: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/im...ice-report.pdf

Dispatch is at 11:53. Page 17 shows "shots fired" at 14:11 or 14:12 (i.e., just after 2 p.m.)

Someone earlier posted the requirements for a first-degree robbery in Missouri, requirements which do not appear to be met.

See above. That is incorrect.

Whether or not he committed a felony does not make all the difference. What makes all of the difference is what happened during the shooting.

Correct--those responses were to the poster who listed the reqs. for 1st degree robbery.

You are wrong about the timeline.

Not necessarily. It probably makes him guilty of receiving stolen property, and it potentially makes him an accomplice in the robbery. It depends.

Look at the police report. The robbery occurs at about 11:52. The shooting occurs at about 2:12.
Did you watch the video? He hands him the cigars in the store. He's a compromised witness but he won't be charged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies