Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 09:50 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times

Advertisements

Well, this unarmed black kid was beaten to death with a belt for urinating without permission (he was a baby)

So where is the outrage or the riots?

Cops: Tot beaten to death with leather belt for urinating | HLNtv.com

Old 08-15-2014, 09:59 PM

317 posts, read 328,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I get it, and I get the difference between wahooing beer and stealing cigars while getting in the face of the store owner. I did not see much in the way of manhandling, but perhaps I missed that. I saw him get in the guy's face and say something and then walk away. My point was by calling this strong-arm robbery (which it probably was), it makes it seem like the kid was this violent robber and we really don't know if that is the case. All evidence certainly points in that direction. I only mentioned it because I think by showing that video and implying that the incident grew out of this strong-arm robbery when in fact the incident started when the cop got mad at them for blocking traffic paints exactly the picture the cops want. It may be exactly the real picture too, but it seems a little self-serving to me.

If you watch the video Brown violently pushes the clerk. Are you saying that the cop was so scared to see a black person that he panicked and began shooting? This cop dealt with black people all the time, since he worked in that area. It's not like this was the first black person he dealt with on the job.

Something that Brown did caused this to happen.

It seems to me that there are a lot of black racist in this area fueling all this hate of cops.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:41 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
Cops played a chess move here. No way around it.

1) Noboody even talking about the name of that cop being released

2) The narrative has been shifted for the general public.

Even when you turn on the TV now. There's no more of that "cop killed an innocent angel" stuff. It's now "A black committing a robbery, doesn't mean he deserved to be killed"

That's 180 spin. Chess move if I've ever seen one.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:48 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Even when you turn on the TV now. There's no more of that "cop killed an innocent angel" stuff. It's now "A black committing a robbery, doesn't mean he deserved to be killed"

If there's any justice in this world that swarmy police chief will lose his job. This police department stinks to high heaven. They are all about protecting themselves, not justice.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Taking that long to release the name of the PO is unusual and the release of the video without anything to clarify the reason for the shooting, very unusual. Sure sounded like an excuse for the shooting of Brown
With the grainy photos at the store, I have no idea if it was Brown. I just know it was a guy.

Hopefully, all evidence will be taken to Quantico for independent analysis by the FBI. Surely, they can zero in on all photos, videos, evidence of distance when shots were fired, etc, and determine what actions should follow.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,388 times
If the robbery video turns out to be Brown that certainly changes things. If he had just commited this crime it proves he is no angel and would explain his action/reaction to a confrontation with a police officer. It also would discredit his witness who was a partner in crime.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:59 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
The patterns that the deceased exhibited, makes me think that a violent confrontation with the police officer, was the reason for his demise.

Jussstisss 4 Gentlegiant, gangsta to the core!

Old 08-15-2014, 11:00 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

You can't make a chess move without a piece.

Not saying you are wrong about the timing but the news definitely puts the focus elsewhere.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:00 PM

409 posts, read 258,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
If the robbery video turns out to be Brown that certainly changes things. If he had just commited this crime it proves he is no angel and would explain his action/reaction to a confrontation with a police officer. It also would discredit his witness who was a partner in crime.
The guys friend has already admitted it was him.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

Old 08-15-2014, 11:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
If the parents lawyer is smart he'll arrange a meeting with the clerk, store owner and the parents. Then they can all have one big group reconciliation. Lots of crying, hugging, condolences and the such.

Pure gold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies