Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 09:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is really sad that every time the black community stands behind someone that gets killed, they are not as the innocent victim they first portray on the news.

Then the thugs come out and do more stealing. The black community should be ashamed for standing up for the perpetrator and don't even notice that the thugs have taken over with stealing out in the opened.. they look down right disgusting as they try to paint a picture of police brutality when the officer is beaten with bruises on his face. The guy who was killed thought he could get away with crime , beating an officer , but he didn't.
The African American community has a long tradition of going to bat for thugs. The community supports a high level of criminality.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So if you have a white teenage son who gets pulled over, is over the legal limit for alcohol, so he has committed a crime, when the cop tries to cuff him, he panic and runs. You would be OK with him being shot to death in a flurry of bullets?
No rioting or looting over the Black cop that shot a White guy in the parking lot of an Autozone.
And that Black cop had a history of violence against citizens.
He got fired..that was the extent of "justice".

And now he wants his job back. (James Whitehead was the unarmed victim of a Black police officer's bullet)

White on Black violence gets public attention but Black on White and Black on Black violence gets barely a mention.

Apathy, ignorance and hypocrisy all around.
People get outraged because the MSM tells them to get outraged.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:45 AM

6,819 posts, read 14,029,650 times
What I find amazing in this thread is those very folks who said we need to wait until the facts are presented have now made a decision based on a video of a theft. They have now filled in the blanks and accepted the police version of events. The video tape only does two things. It proves that Brown was not a saint and it adds to what may have been on Browns mind when the encountered the cop. It in no way proves the shooting was justified. We do not even know the cops version of events. The autopsy and forensic report will tell the actual story as to what really happened. Many of you are revealing yourselves and it is not a pretty sight. If it is proved that the cop was justified you will reveal your bias. If it is proved he was not justified you will go back in your hole and hide or say it is a conspiracy. Facts matter and we have not been given all of them at this time. I for one will wait until they are presented.

Reggie

Old 08-16-2014, 09:45 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
Honestly if he had the violent history Brown has I would not care a single bit if he got shot...I only have a problem when nonviolent people get shot
Can you post a link to the "violent history" Brown had, because after reading what you posted, I did several google searches and couldn't find anything.

Do you have an article or can you tell me which news station it was that talked about his past violence?

If so, please link it for those of us unaware of what an animalistic brute this savage was.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:46 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It's Brown in the video. You think Team Brown would be so angry if it was Not him.

No harm done by speculating on a message board. If you go to Ferguson and tell the looters, Sharpton, Crump, etc. everything is 'speculation,' I'll pay your medical bills if you come out alive.

If the cop's statements were made public, you wouldn't believe it.
Speculation is fine as long as they aren't confused with facts, 6 days and still waiting for the incident report from the PO but saw fit to release the video.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:46 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
A slight correction, the first store looted/burned to the ground was a QT mistakenly identified as the store Brown liberated those poor Swisher Sweets from.

Last night the store he really robbed was looted.
I think they're SlimJims... did they mention they found any cigars on the ground when he was shot?

He ate the evidence?

Aren't tobacco products sold behind the counter?

The kid in the video's fists were full of product, I don't think cigars fit that large in your grip. Definitely SlimJims.

The PD released the video before the report so they could throw public opinion in the direction of "the kid is a thug".

Slim Jims or cigars, doesn't justify the shooting of an unarmed teen.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
So the police chief said the shop lifting wasnt the reason for the initial stop that lead to the shooting........

Why did Ferguson release this video of brown then ?

Is this like the defense attorney for a rapist presenting an "im so wasted" Facebook post of the victim as a show of character as if it excuses the actions of others ????

Old 08-16-2014, 09:57 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
Proof? What kind of idiot throws up gang signs if their not in a gang? Even if he's not in a gang he was trash for pretending to be a gang member. He robbed a man by force and then disrespects a cop, what kind of trash does that? He did something to make the cop worried about him. The cop wasn't a rookie so he had dealt with plenty of black people before. The cop probably worked around blacks all the time. Brown had to of do something different.

Let me get this straight, a cop who deals with blacks all the time and has never shot anyone, one day snaps and just shots a grown up size teenager.

It's not like it was the cops first day on the job. He didn't freak out and say omg it's a black person I've never dealt with a black person on my job, I'm so afraid I have to shoot him.
You still didn't answer the question. What gang sign did he throw up and what proof do you have that he was in one? You sure are the expert on assumptions. Were you there when it happened?

Old 08-16-2014, 09:58 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So the police chief said the shop lifting wasnt the reason for the initial stop that lead to the shooting........

Why did Ferguson release this video of brown then ?

Is this like the defense attorney for a rapist presenting an "im so wasted" Facebook post of the victim as a show of character as if it excuses the actions of others ????
Looks like it, and boy oh boy did the deflection work. Master chess move by this police department ---I'm amazed because otherwise they seem like one of the most stupid police departments I've ever heard of.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:59 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
I have also heard reports that the cop who shot Brown did not know there was a crime in the area and that the boy would have been a suspect.

Quote:
Chief Thomas Jackson also released documents and surveillance video, alleging that Mr. Brown was tied to a robbery at a convenience store shortly before he crossed paths with police. Hours later, Mr. Jackson held another news conference in which he said Mr. Wilson, who is white, wasn't aware of the robbery when he stopped Mr. Brown.
Police: Officer Wasn't Aware Michael Brown Was Suspect in Alleged Robbery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies