Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 09:57 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What about the paychecks that won't be paid to the employees or the owners of these businesses?

A closed business leaves people without paychecks; otherwise, we could all open businesses that just remained closed every day and never have to go to work, because owning a business puts food on the table, not sales.

Is that worth taking someone else's life and the inherent legal implications of that act? Maybe, maybe not. Might it end up costing you and your employees more in the long-run?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:57 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
The MO Governor is removing the St. Louis police force from the Ferguson protests:

Michael Brown Shooting: St Louis Police Removed from Ferguson Protests

Meanwhile, Anonymous released a name that they are claiming might be the officer, but said they don't care if they are wrong. If the guy they named gets hurt, they are saying it's the police dept.'s fault for not releasing the correct name.
The police dept. is saying the guy named doesn't work for them and that Anon is putting a random civilian at risk.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:02 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Awesome?

That bar is set so low, water won't run under it.

Low IQ, knuckle dragging posers who cannot stand together without leaning on each other. The pudgy doofus in the colourful shorts even has his main squeeze posing for the camera while someone should tell him to go change his shirt because his constant drooling has left a stain down the front.

Man if that's a sampling of "awesome" I'd hate to see what the 'barely acceptable' looks like to whoever wrote that crap.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:07 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinealley View Post
This Chess not Checkers, blame the PD for that loss when it happens. I have a feeling that is the officer though
People like you are why these riots happen, you must feel pretty proud of yourself for spewing such nonsense.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The animals are on the rampage again, destroying property and lives every night for the last several nights. Never mind that it's often in their own neighborhoods and it's future they are screwing up. I have to wonder, why aren't the honest business owners and other residents standing up to these mobs? Where are the locals with firearms to defend their property and lives? Are we returning to the way of the jungle, where the most barbaric mobs are allowed to rule? Or are the victims standing up and we just aren't seeing any reporting on it?
I would guess this. The media doesn't want to show guns being used lawfully and legally, the way the second amendment intended them to be used, and the way the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners use them.

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
There were several eye-witness accounts that all saw the same thing.

The P.O.S. Cop should be treated like any other criminal suspect- like the cold-blooded murderer he probably is.
Said the keyboard warrior who doesn't know the facts.

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The MO Governor is removing the St. Louis police force from the Ferguson protests:

Michael Brown Shooting: St Louis Police Removed from Ferguson Protests

Meanwhile, Anonymous released a name that they are claiming might be the officer, but said they don't care if they are wrong. If the guy they named gets hurt, they are saying it's the police dept.'s fault for not releasing the correct name.
The police dept. is saying the guy named doesn't work for them and that Anon is putting a random civilian at risk.
Governor Jay Nixon said he was relieving the department of its duties following four days of unrest in the town in the wake of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown by a police officer.

The force has come under criticism in recent days for their heavy-handed tactics in controlling the disorder, including the use of tear gas and rubber bullets as well as military equipment.

I guess it's now just a free-for-all in St Louis. License to Loot, Burn & Kill. I've don't recall ever hearing of a Governor "relieving" an entire Police Department (in this case it's St Louis County) of duty.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:11 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Governor Jay Nixon said he was relieving the department of its duties following four days of unrest in the town in the wake of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown by a police officer.

The force has come under criticism in recent days for their heavy-handed tactics in controlling the disorder, including the use of tear gas and rubber bullets as well as military equipment.

I guess it's now just a free-for-all in St Louis. License to Loot, Burn & Kill. I've don't recall ever hearing of a Governor "relieving" an entire Police Department (in this case it's St Louis County) of duty.
I imagine the state police will be taking over.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

The article I posted said they expected him to replace them with the state police. We'll see.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Because the outrage over those pictures of Bearcats and camo geared "police" 10 deep with weapons pointed at civilians was just too much.

Comments after all these articles showing those pictures shows the outrage of the people over what the "local police" have become.

Sadly though it's not limited to the Ferguson police department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies