Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 02:17 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,350,856 times

Advertisements

Sharpton only wants to get paid.. he doesn't really care about what's going on. Trust me there are many many AFRICAN AMERICAN'S who feel the same way about him.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,764,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Dear thugs:

Now that you have nowhere to shop in your neighborhood, WTF did you expect?
Just wait they will blame us whites for that as well.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:18 PM

14,586 posts, read 23,168,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
For starters I would tell my kids not to vote for Democrat politicians who put into place this concept of 'administrative leave' whether it's for a cop who shoots an unarmed kid or teacher who molests a student.

That will not be the outcome here of course. Public sector union workers will continue to get the soft landing when they rape, pillage, plunder, and violate.
You do understand the point of that is to get the accused off the street/out of the classroom while the investigation happens, right?

What do you see as the alternative?

Old 08-14-2014, 02:19 PM

893 posts, read 890,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinealley View Post
Yes, those civilians who are fighting back.
I've been reading most of your posts. You are simply an instigator. No better than Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.

"fighting back"? LOL. Sure......whatever.

The police wouldn't be there in military gear if not for these rioters. Notice I didn't say "protesters".

Old 08-14-2014, 02:20 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,577,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Can you imagine being a worker a the McDonalds where the journalists were arrested? Here you are an hourly employee making peanuts but because folks have an agenda, the police order your store closed. That is lost pay, these people will be short on their bills.

Sue the police or join the rioters? Or sue the rioters?

Old 08-14-2014, 02:22 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,685,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
The press has NO more rights than a normal citizen. You understand that, right?

You obviously do not understand what "freedom of the press" actually means.

If a LEO instructs you to move, you move.
That is not the case. It's not a matter of rights. It's a matter of the job they are doing. The same way that a fireman is not forced to leave the scene of a fire, the press should not be forced to leave the scene of a riot, or war, or anything they are covering. Their purpose is to report on what is going on, not to be removed from what is happening.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:24 PM

372 posts, read 455,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
You know for a fact that's what happened right? Chief of Police told you.... You know how long a police shooting can take to investigate.... I'm sure your not a cop so I'll let you know. Months!

I have no idea what actually happened but we will all find out hopefully sooner than later. I don't believe a couple witnesses though because sadly those witnesses are the same that never "see" a thing when their friend was shot by another thug, but they always see the police doing bad behavior.
Oh okay excuse me wait...I think I trust the EYEWITNESS account of the boy's friend who was right there. Do you think the boy deserved to be murdered in the middle of the street? Answer the question Yes or No. Based on the EYEWITNESS account from his friend who was with him. Do you think so? Because nothing absolutely nothing justifies it. I don't care if they got into a scuffle. The boy was not a danger to the cop at that point he was shot.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:25 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,537,017 times
Quote:
I have no idea what actually happened but we will all find out hopefully sooner than later. I don't believe a couple witnesses though because sadly those witnesses are the same that never "see" a thing when their friend was shot by another thug, but they always see the police doing bad behavior.
This is not what happened, and you have no basis for impugning the integrity of the three witnesses who have come forward and provided stories with corroborating details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You do understand the point of that is to get the accused off the street/out of the classroom while the investigation happens, right?

What do you see as the alternative?
The officer could, like an ordinary homicide suspect that was seen by three witnesses shooting an unarmed victim with his hands in the air and who admits to shooting the victim, be arrested, interrogated, and charged. Instead, whether due to official rules (like union contracts or department procedures for officer-involved shootings) or unofficial rules, the suspect is anonymous and at large.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:25 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,685,680 times
Quote:
You know for a fact that's what happened right? Chief of Police told you.... You know how long a police shooting can take to investigate.... I'm sure your not a cop so I'll let you know. Months!

You don't believe a witness who was literally right there, inches away from the event. And other witnesses who were close by? They would all just instantly be able to coordinate their stories? No, the witnesses appear to be describing the events similarly, which suggests it is true.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:26 PM

372 posts, read 455,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Dear thugs:

Now that you have nowhere to shop in your neighborhood, WTF did you expect?
Dear Freemkt:

Not everyone in the neighborhood is a thug. Most of the people looting were not from that neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.