Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 07:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
God Bless that man for doing that..I mean he was not perfect but God blame him for not acting.
What?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:14 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Any ideas on grounds for a case?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 PM

I am think Heller does help us. After all it protects weapons in common usage and it machines have been around since the 1890s..I mean if it was not for the Hughes Amendment they would be far more common if not for it.

Any idea around this catch 22?

Old 08-14-2014, 06:57 AM

195 posts, read 153,956 times
Quote:
I am think Heller does help us. After all it protects weapons in common usage and it machines have been around since the 1890s..I mean if it was not for the Hughes Amendment they would be far more common if not for it.

Any idea around this catch 22?

I do not see, where we the people, authorize them the government, to tell us what arms we can bear.....
All I see is where it says, you try and take them, they will be used to keep them from being taken.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:50 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Default Ok let’s get back on topic

What is the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and a fully automatic rifle, besides the rate of fire; not much. I know that there are fully automatic weapons that can fire above 600 rounds per minute. But for sake of basic math, a weapon that is capable of firing 600 rounds per minute = 10 rounds per second or 1 round every tenth of a second. That is impressive but a good shooter with a fast trigger can do almost the same thing with a semi-automatic weapon. I am by no means a fast shooter, but I can do 3 - 4 rounds per second. Now you take someone like Jerry Miculek and OMG he is almost as fast as a machinegun with a semi-automatic weapon. I have seen video's of him with a .45 ACP and a 10 round magazine, Jerry Miculek can put all 10 rounds on the same 6" target in just over 1 second. and he can shoot almost as fast with a revolver or shotgun as well.

There was an episode of American Guns for a young cowboy shooter had a lever action rifle custom built, this was one of the best shooters in the world at the time, this young many did a head to head competition with one of the gunsmiths, 9 targets side by side, the gunsmith used a 9 millimeter machinegun, and the kid used his new lever action rifle, the kid won, out shout the machinegun. That just goes to show you practice, practice, practice.

As far as owning a fully automatic machine gun it would be nice, but my biggest problem is, if I can walk in to a gun store, have a background check performed, in this case show 3 forms of identification and leave with a so call "Assault Rifle"; being a semi-automatic version of the military rifle, without paying a $200 tax stamp, and local law enforcement does not need to be contacted, what is the difference with a fully automatic rifle? With the only difference being I can go through a magazine in 7 seconds for the semi-automatic rifle, instead of 3 - 4 seconds with the fully automatic rifle.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:15 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
God Bless that man for doing that..I mean he was not perfect but God bless him for not acting and making that monstrosity lasting another 10 years.
You forget GWB was on record as saying he would sign a renewal of the 1994 AWB if congress passed it.

Now maybe he was pandering to the left, knowing that congress would do no such thing, but he did say it nonetheless.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
You forget GWB was on record as saying he would sign a renewal of the 1994 AWB if congress passed it.

Now maybe he was pandering to the left, knowing that congress would do no such thing, but he did say it nonetheless.
Yes he did say it, but he did not act nor did it pass...And he did not use Executive Order to pass it..I have to thank him for his inaction.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
What is the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and a fully automatic rifle, besides the rate of fire; not much. I know that there are fully automatic weapons that can fire above 600 rounds per minute. But for sake of basic math, a weapon that is capable of firing 600 rounds per minute = 10 rounds per second or 1 round every tenth of a second. That is impressive but a good shooter with a fast trigger can do almost the same thing with a semi-automatic weapon. I am by no means a fast shooter, but I can do 3 - 4 rounds per second. Now you take someone like Jerry Miculek and OMG he is almost as fast as a machinegun with a semi-automatic weapon. I have seen video's of him with a .45 ACP and a 10 round magazine, Jerry Miculek can put all 10 rounds on the same 6" target in just over 1 second. and he can shoot almost as fast with a revolver or shotgun as well.

There was an episode of American Guns for a young cowboy shooter had a lever action rifle custom built, this was one of the best shooters in the world at the time, this young many did a head to head competition with one of the gunsmiths, 9 targets side by side, the gunsmith used a 9 millimeter machinegun, and the kid used his new lever action rifle, the kid won, out shout the machinegun. That just goes to show you practice, practice, practice.

As far as owning a fully automatic machine gun it would be nice, but my biggest problem is, if I can walk in to a gun store, have a background check performed, in this case show 3 forms of identification and leave with a so call "Assault Rifle"; being a semi-automatic version of the military rifle, without paying a $200 tax stamp, and local law enforcement does not need to be contacted, what is the difference with a fully automatic rifle? With the only difference being I can go through a magazine in 7 seconds for the semi-automatic rifle, instead of 3 - 4 seconds with the fully automatic rifle.
Baby steps kiddo, baby steps. We will get back to that state of freedom it just takes timing, money and iron will to defend liberty.

I can not wait for for new select fires to be for sell.

I mean a select fire belt fed AR15 and a select fire Glock with a 3 round burst with a .22LR kit. Suppressors for both.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:22 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
My best friend is one of those people with a really fast trigger finger, I have watched him dump 8 rounds of 00 Buck shot out of my semi-automatic Benelli M1 in under 2 seconds. He had fired it so fast, I thought he had only fired 4 rounds, instead of all 8, but the shotgun was empty. I watched a video of a gunsmith hear in Virginia empty a 25 round drum with a Saiga 12 guage in about 6.5 seconds, there are many fast shooters out there. And these are all weapons that are semi-automatic, not needing any tax stamp, and not needing CLEO to sign off on it.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:28 AM

195 posts, read 153,956 times
Quote:
Baby steps kiddo, baby steps. We will get back to that state of freedom it just takes timing, money and iron will to defend liberty.

I can not wait for for new select fires to be for sell.

I mean a select fire belt fed AR15 and a select fire Glock with a 3 round burst with a .22LR kit. Suppressors for both.

How about the 10-22 Gatling gun kit?

Impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies