Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Really. There were no machine guns back then. Self defense lol are you kidding me. Machine guns have no use in this day and age. Stop hiding behind guns and use your own wits. You may be surprised how effective you are at that.
Guess we should ban the Internet and computers. Didn't have either of them back then.

You should probably tell the would be rape victims that they don't needs guns and should just use their wits to protect themselves from an attacker.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:52 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Guess we should ban the Internet and computers. Didn't have either of them back then.

You should probably tell the would be rape victims that they don't needs guns and should just use their wits to protect themselves from an attacker.

Are you saying that you need guns to protect yourself. Sorry, I don't think you do.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:54 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Really. There were no machine guns back then. Self defense lol are you kidding me. Machine guns have no use in this day and age. Stop hiding behind guns and use your own wits. You may be surprised how effective you are at that.
Yes they did have machine guns..Please Google Puckle gun or click on this link

2nd Amendment Fact… The Puckle Gun | The Rebel Yell

Yes they are the best tools for self defense, if they are not please tell me why the following people use them?

The Secret Service
FBI
S.W.A.T around the nation
The Border Patrol
Local and State Police
The Coast Guard
The Army
The Navy
The Air Force
The Marine Corp

Yes machine guns have use in this day and age and your opinion does not change this face..

I am not hiding behind anything, I am use fact, logic and reason.

How many people have used "wits" to stop a home invasion?

How many people have used "wits" to stop a car jacking?

How many people have used "wit" to stop from being raped?

How many people have used "wit" to stop from being murdered?

They that have have used weapons..

If you chose to risk your life, fine do not make use suffer for your choices.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:59 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

Yes they are the best tools for self defense, if they are not please tell me why the following people use them?

The Secret Service
FBI
The Border Patrol
Local and State Police
The Coast Guard
The Army
The Navy
The Air Force
The Marine Corp

Yes machine guns have use in this day and age and your opinion does not change this face..

If you are that scared that you can't defend yourself without a gun then I guess so be it for you. I would not be that scared.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
[/b]

Are you saying that you need guns to protect yourself. Sorry, I don't think you do.
Well that is not up to, or any other person in this world. We have the unalienable right to which are not contingent on the opinions of other people.

Who are you to say what other people need to defend themselves?

Old 08-16-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
If you are that scared that you can't defend yourself without a gun then I guess so be it for you. I would not be that scared.
How do you know what if any emotions I am feeling at any give them?

Why should a person not take action to prevent themselves from being a victim?

Old 08-16-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:

The Secret Service
FBI
The Border Patrol
Local and State Police
The Coast Guard
The Army
The Navy
The Air Force
The Marine Corp

Quote:
And as always you never answer any questions just dodge an deflect.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why would I do that? That seems a silly thing to do.

But OK you asked.

"Machine guns are far more then what is required for hunting or self defense, while the 2nd amendment allows firearms, machine guns were not specified, nor could our forefathers have imagined them"

A stupid argument of course as even back then they saw some of the first early experimental versions show up, but thats a argument I have seen used. Just as you have...soooo lets try the fallback

"Imagine if the sandy hook kid had a machine gun"

Think of the children

please do not bring "sandy hook" into the equation, as it can turned around on you very quickly with 1 phrase such as, sandy hook might never have happened if state and federal laws would have allowed parents and teachers to carry concealed into those public schools.

Since the original ruling of US v Miller was not to regulate class 3 firearms out of the peoples hands. the 1986 law does exactly that.

US v Miller should be overturned and the BATF should be disbanded and all of its agents fired.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
please do not bring "sandy hook" into the equation, as it can turned around on you very quickly with 1 phrase such as, sandy hook might never have happened if state and federal laws would have allowed parents and teachers to carry concealed into those public schools.

Since the original ruling of US v Miller was not to regulate class 3 firearms out of the peoples hands. the 1986 law does exactly that.

US v Miller should be overturned and the BATF should be disbanded and all of its agents fired.
Would that be grounds for a case as it violates both US v Miller and Heller v D.C

Old 08-16-2014, 12:20 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Would that be grounds for a case as it violates both US v Miller and Heller v D.C

In the original case of US V Miller, the feds lied and said that the short barrel shotgun had no military use at all and was not used in the military. anyone that has ever served in the military or been in combat knows that to be a outright lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies