Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 01:29 PM

594 posts, read 345,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
So what. Bill Clinton didn't cheer lead yes into the Iraq war conservatives did.

I know conservatives hate the reality that they were and continue to be the main proponents of the a Iraq War and now there are criticizing President Obama for not fighting the Iraqi War longer, an insane position, but the one that conservatives are making.
You are making yourself a laughing joke. That is all total and complete BS.

Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, Al Gore Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, John Edwards, Barbra Boxer, Diane Feinstien, etc... they are all democrats, all cheerleaded to push the war against Saddam ALL OF THEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I hope all Americans are learning from all mistakes of the past including Bush AND Obama.

To say that ISIS was inevitable is to shut off your brain in defense of Obama, which is a requirement of Obamabots.

Even Hillary just said ISIS was not inevitable and caused in part by Obama's mistakes. It will be interesting to see how the Democrat sheep react as Hillary has to distance herself from a toxic Obama...will the flock stick with Shepherd Obama or fall in line behind Shepherd Hillary 2016?
Except that Obama did not learn from any of the mistakes made in Iraq, he did exactly the same thing in Libya. He is deserting Libya just as he deserted Iraq, both with the same exact predictable outcomes.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:31 PM

195 posts, read 153,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Obama " hey i got more important things to do-- ride my girly bike around Martha's vineyard"

Obama: Pulling All U.S. Troops Out of Iraq Was Not 'My Decision' | CNS News

It wasn't his decision to not enforce immigration law set in place long ago.

Who really is making the decisions around here.
Who is leading who?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
No this thread is about Obama being two-faced.

You are too dishonest to confront this fact so you keep spinning and diverting.

Obama is a compulsive liar and he was caught being two-faced and you excuse it like a good little sheep.
I've been hearing Obama's own words replayed on TV and radio from his debate with Romney, where Obama said he didn't want a SOFA agreement because he refused to leave 10,000 troops in Iraq as a stay behind force, because they would "tie us down in the region." Then he has the balls to say he wanted to keep 10,000 troops in Iraq

Old 08-11-2014, 01:37 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
I hope all Americans are learning from all mistakes of the past including Bush AND Obama.

To say that ISIS was inevitable is to shut off your brain in defense of Obama, which is a requirement of Obamabots.

Even Hillary just said ISIS was not inevitable and caused in part by Obama's mistakes. It will be interesting to see how the Democrat sheep react as Hillary has to distance herself from a toxic Obama...will the flock stick with Shepherd Obama or fall in line behind Shepherd Hillary 2016?
Obamabots will have to decide if they'll support Hillary, go third party, or stay home angry and in denial about their cult leader.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:46 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This isn't spin.

This is reality. This has nothing to do with President Obama.

Again can't you see that GWBush had every incentive to get us out of Iraq ASAP especially as the war dragged on and became very unpopular. GWBush creating a stable and Democratic Iraq would have been a huge accomplishment.

Yet he couldn't do it.

Why?

Answering this question is not spin. Understanding why GWBush couldn't get us out of Iraq has nothing to do with President Obama and gets to the fundamental issue.

GWBush couldn't pull out because he was trying to prevent a civil war in Iraq. We spent billions trying to prevent this civil war and failed.

This civil war was brewing for years and didn't go away no matter how many troops were there or how long they stayed.

This is why Iraq was a failure before the war was started. That this result was inevitable. And that has nothing to do with President Obama.

This result didn't come out of left field. It was predicted by opponents of the war before we fought the war.

This is why this was inevitable and the correct lesson to learn is not to lie and pretend that what lead to this issue is us pulling out troops in 2011, but understanding that fighting this war in the first place was wrong and conservatives who cheer leaded us into this war are nearly 100% to blame.
Listen, I agree with you on several points but you keep walking away from the fact that Obama has taken 2 different positions on the same issue. There is nothing more I or you can say when you keep side stepping the issue I keep bringing up. So thus I do not want to waste any more time.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default The President is right as usual

The American people wanted those troops out of there.

A smarter level of diplomacy is necessary there, one that doesn't involve risking American lives while we "go it alone". The international community must get involved, and more effective means employed to stabilize that region, if it can be stabilized.

Republican Bush had it all wrong, made matters WORSE.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:13 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The American people wanted those troops out of there.

A smarter level of diplomacy is necessary there, one that doesn't involve risking American lives while we "go it alone". The international community must get involved, and more effective means employed to stabilize that region, if it can be stabilized.

Republican Bush had it all wrong, made matters WORSE.
Are you saying Hillary Clinton's latest assertions on Obama are incorrect?

Old 08-11-2014, 02:20 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
Dear sheep.......

Obama campaigned in 2008 on ending the war by bringing the troops home...

Obama campaigned in 2012 on having successfully ended the war by bringing the troops home...

Now that it has gone to crap he is literally blaming the bringing of the troops home on Bush's agreement that existed before his first election.

Why can't you just admit that Obama is being disingenuous here. He takes credit when times are good for pulling the troops out and he passes the buck and dodges responsibility when it goes bad. I don't care if you think he is hot. He is being disingenuous and it not only happened on his watch he tried to get votes with it, we must hold our elected politicians accountable.
My goodness, how rude you are.

Of course the president is being disingenuous.

He's a politician. If you expected anything else, and really you sound more disappointed than I do, then that's kind of on you. And I never thought he was 'hot'...I'm not a teenager.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:22 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's true, it wasn't his decision. Stop fake crying about it, already

Right

It was not "his" decision. It was the decision of the President of the United States. Now if we could only find him, then appropriate blame could be levied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies