Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 05:19 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So the president either lied or incompetent
No, this isn't about President Obama.

The Iraq war was a failure that's why GWBush couldn't end it. P

It is a shame that conservatives are still in fantasyland about the Iraq war
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Iraq has not been stable as it's own independent state since we let conservatives cheer lead us into this epically bad decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

GWBush had nearly 6yrs to fix what he broke and he couldn't do it. Why?

This gets to the crux of the issue that there was never a win here. It was baked in this civil war and our failure to prevent it, which is why Bush couldn't pull troops out.
Of course the fact that Obama had 5 1/2 years to fix it and failed doesn't jibe with your talking points, does it?

The fact that Obama helped to inflame the situation (i.e. the surge that he okayed) plays no part in it either, right?

There is plenty of blame to go around, but some (like you) continue to wish to blame only Bush and give a pass to Obama. Truly hypocritical.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
No, this isn't about President Obama.

The Iraq war was a failure that's why GWBush couldn't end it. P

It is a shame that conservatives are still in fantasyland about the Iraq war
Did you happen to read the title of the thread before your attempts to spin it in a direction you prefer?

Old 08-15-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Did you happen to read the title of the thread before your attempts to spin it in a direction you prefer?
I'm one poster. I can spin a thread. I saw the title was disagreed with and have my reasons for the disagreement.

My reasons have not been challenged. All I get is but Obama and you are spinning the thread. SMH

Old 08-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Of course the fact that Obama had 5 1/2 years to fix it and failed doesn't jibe with your talking points, does it?

The fact that Obama helped to inflame the situation (i.e. the surge that he okayed) plays no part in it either, right?

There is plenty of blame to go around, but some (like you) continue to wish to blame only Bush and give a pass to Obama. Truly hypocritical.
The Iraq war was doomed from the start.

This is what conservatives have not grappled with. The decision to invade Iraq put the US in a no win position.

We destroyed the nation and have not been able to fix it.

Yet these things were predicted before we went to war by people against the war.

This was discussed that we'd get bogged down in a civil war in Iraq that we wouldn't be able to fix not get out of, and it would take us occupying Iraq for many many years to maybe fix.

This result was inevitable. Our invasion created ISIS in Iraq.

Our invasion strengthened Iran and created the space for Sunni and Shia battles in Iraq and Syria.

The invasion of Iraq was epically bad in so many ways that blaming President Obama is besides the point.

We shouldn't have invaded Iraq in the first place.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:09 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99
Obama " hey i got more important things to do-- ride my girly bike around Martha's vineyard"
Just an excuse to confuse the sheeple (TO JUSTIFY WHY HE SENT THEM BACK!!)

Old 08-16-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I'm one poster. I can spin a thread. I saw the title was disagreed with and have my reasons for the disagreement.

My reasons have not been challenged. All I get is but Obama and you are spinning the thread. SMH
In other words you purposely violate the TOS by going off topic. I am sure that the cods would love to know this.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
The Iraq war was doomed from the start.

This is what conservatives have not grappled with. The decision to invade Iraq put the US in a no win position.

We destroyed the nation and have not been able to fix it.

Yet these things were predicted before we went to war by people against the war.

This was discussed that we'd get bogged down in a civil war in Iraq that we wouldn't be able to fix not get out of, and it would take us occupying Iraq for many many years to maybe fix.

This result was inevitable. Our invasion created ISIS in Iraq.

Our invasion strengthened Iran and created the space for Sunni and Shia battles in Iraq and Syria.

The invasion of Iraq was epically bad in so many ways that blaming President Obama is besides the point.

We shouldn't have invaded Iraq in the first place.
And there you go avoiding the questions again, because it does not fit with your bias.

Even if all you say were true (and it isn't) that would be a topic for another thread.

You must teach a spin class or in such denial that you cannot face the truth.

Or even more of a hypocrite than even I thought.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:16 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's true, it wasn't his decision. Stop fake crying about it, already
How exactly do you figure it wasn't his decision? Was he not the Commander-in-Chief when this decision was made? How inept do you really think this clown is at running the country?

Nobody could foresee the rise of ISIS following America pulling out of Iraq. However, claims that it wasn't Nobel Peace Prize Winner Obama's decision to do so is retarded at best. What's next? Are you going to claim it wasn't Dubya's idea to invade the country in the first place?

Old 08-16-2014, 08:31 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
I see reality. I remember 2001-2003 before we went to war, and it wasn't Democrats pushing for that war.

This fact is inconvenient for conservatives but it is the truth.

Also, there were people mostly liberals making arguments against the war in Iraq.

You know what those liberals were saying. That Iraq would be a quagmire that would require us to stay there many, many, many, years to prevent a civil war because there are three ethnic groups there that don't like each other and only exist as a nation because of Sadaam's brutality.

Yet those liberals voices were ignored. As conservatives cheer leaded us into this epic disaster of a war.

And why couldn't GWBush get the troops out before President Obama was elected?

Answer because there has been a civil war brewing in Iraq since before Sadaam was removed.

And nothing we have done has stopped this desire for civil war.

That's why GWBush couldn't pull out of Iraq.

Yet keeping troops there wasn't solving that fundamental problem either and was creating many other problems as well

This is why the Iraq War was doomed for failure as predicted by liberals before the War began.

It is why GWBush couldn't end the war, because he failed at solving this desire for civil war that his destroying Iraq helped cause and has not went away and is not going to go away by us keeping troops there.

If conservatives don't learn this, we are doomed to repeat another failure like Iraq in the future.

Bravo!

Unfortunately, conservatives will not allow themselves to admit you are 100% correct in every thing you wrote, and there is a reason for this: Conservatives never take responsibility for their mistakes, and Iraq was a mistake from the very beginning. A deliberate mistake at that.

That's why you ALWAYS see conservatives try and blame Democrats for something they engineered, pushed hard for, and voted en masse for (excluding the great GOP Senator from New Hampshire, whose name I forget, the ONLY GOP Senator to vote against it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies