Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:30 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
According to the thread title it is about Obama so he is either a liar or incompetent when he declared Iraq was not his decision and is one of his administrations great accomplishments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So you admit to being unreasonably biased and unwilling to consider any ideas but those fed to you by your masters.

Certainly explains a lot.
Again this thread is not about me.

Either discuss my ideas or it's a waste to create these irrelevant posts to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
One post and then off topic for the balance. The topic is Obamas claim that it was not his decision to pull the troops out of Iraq, after claiming his action as a triumph of his crafting.

Can't be both, just as you can't claim innocence in trying to hijack the thread.
I addressed this in my first post in the thread.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Your own Democratic Party leaders voted in favor of the war, Kerry, Clinton, Reid, Pelosi. You can hear them in their own words claiming what a threat Saddam was with his WMDs, and how they were supportive of Bush taking action against him. but as long as you have a few dems insignificant who voted against it, you think you can cast blame on just Bush, just Republicans, or just Conservatives.
This is an attempt to rewrite history and it fails.

The majority of Democrats in Congress voted against this war, in this case their votes count just as much as any other Democrat in Congress at the time. So the fact remains, if conservatives would have had just 20% of the opposition to the disastrous Iraq War, we wouldn't gave invaded Iraq.

Instead, over 97% of conservatives in Congress voted for the war.

Then, you have conservatives before the war attempting to sell Americans in the war, what I label as conservatives cheer leading for the war.

So here is the objective reality.

Democrats were deeply divided on the war, with the majority(57%) in a Congress voting a against the war,

Compared with the conservatives 97% in Congress voting for the war and actively cheer leading us into the war.

conservatives are nearly 100% to blame for getting us into this quagmire.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:20 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
I think the current administration is more responsible for turning it more so into a quagmire.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I think the current administration is more responsible for turning it more so into a quagmire.
What quagmire? We're outta there.

BTW...it started out in 2003 as a quagmire. You just refused to see it at the time.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:52 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What quagmire? We're outta there.

BTW...it started out in 2003 as a quagmire. You just refused to see it at the time.
I don't think they understand what "Quagmire" means.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again this thread is not about me.

Either discuss my ideas or it's a waste to create these irrelevant posts to me.
Stay on topic and discus the topic

Old 08-18-2014, 06:27 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is an attempt to rewrite history and it fails.

The majority of Democrats in Congress voted against this war, in this case their votes count just as much as any other Democrat in Congress at the time. So the fact remains, if conservatives would have had just 20% of the opposition to the disastrous Iraq War, we wouldn't gave invaded Iraq.

Instead, over 97% of conservatives in Congress voted for the war.

Then, you have conservatives before the war attempting to sell Americans in the war, what I label as conservatives cheer leading for the war.

So here is the objective reality.

Democrats were deeply divided on the war, with the majority(57%) in a Congress voting a against the war,

Compared with the conservatives 97% in Congress voting for the war and actively cheer leading us into the war.

conservatives are nearly 100% to blame for getting us into this quagmire.
You IGNORE 1 very important fact.

The Senate was controlled by the dems. Tom Daschele was the DEM Senate Majority Leader. He CO-SPONSORED the bill.

Now you may think this is NOT important but, all you have to do is look a harry reid's actions with bills sent to him from teh House.

IF Tom had wanted to, he could have killed the bill just as ole' harry has killed over 300 bills coming from the House.

I never understand why so many libs refuse to accept the the going to war was an American action.

If a bill is passed and 2 repubs vote for it they are all over, "It was bi-partisan" yet, when it come to Iraq they attempt, poorly and wrongly to exclude ANY involvement from the dems.

The whine like little children about Bush and the war but, I'd bet THEY voted or supported dems who ALSO voted for the wars. Gore, Hillary, Kerry, Biden (twice).

"Then, you have conservatives before the war attempting to sell Americans in the war,. Actually many of the repubs who suported the war were NOT Conservatives.. Another thing you got wrong.

"So here is the objective reality." You don't have an Objective " bone in your body.

Here we have DEMOCRATS attempting to sell the war.

Again a bi-partisan effort

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Those poor, poor democrats. Too stupid to figure out for themselves that not only were they WRONG when they were in power, they were STILL WRONG in 2003! After they didn't vote for the war that they voted for!

"This is an attempt to rewrite history and it fails." I would counter THAT is is YOU who has FAILED!

Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Yes, it's always someone else's fault.

I just hope future presidents don't do this too. It's very unbecoming.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I don't think they understand what "Quagmire" means.
Apparently not. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies