Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 AM

716 posts, read 1,238,111 times

Advertisements

I mean here's a white man getting killed on video for nothing yet no one said a word or rioted or looted anything about it. All the evidence is on VIDEO and there were still no charges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EduzwLhndIM

Here in Florida just as many whites get killed by cops as blacks(probably a lot more whites actually) but it only seems to spark ANY kind of outrage when the victim is black. Even on social media and everything you'll see plenty of white or cuban chicks angry about the injustice that was done to the black boy/man that was killed while ignoring that white men were killed by cops the same day with less reason. Crazy how it always works out like that but it's probably because blacks care more about their group than anyone else and will ALWAYS voice their opinion loudly so others get caught up and brainwashed by it along the way and some get violent. It never fails. Plus all the rappers talk about it and every black celebrity voices their opinion and anger so that sways people too. As a group blacks are the only ones that "stand up" for their race. Sure you'll have individual whites willing to risk their lives , fight cops, etc but as a group blacks are the only ones that'll loot a store, smash windows, etc, flash mobs, get in groups of 50 and attack people at state fairs etc..the only ones that "fight for their race" the way they see it. When whites or other races get killed by cops it gets forgotten but when ONE black anywhere gets killed by one they'll make sure everyone hears about it.

Same with the Trayvon and Jordan Davis cases. Black people, celebrities, rappers, etc. made sure that EVERYONE IN AMERICA heard about those people that lost their life. But in reality far more whites are randomly targeted and murdered by blacks than vice verse but the average person doesn't know that cus all they hear is the angry black voices through the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Just to answer your question, it's not "only an issue" when the victim is black, BUT, because there's a lot of bad history behind it and because it gets the most attention in the media, that's what they run with. Let's be honest, if white cops kill white people, it's not going to be "newsworthy" just like all the black on black crime that goes un reported. That's just the reality of it.

But getting into this p*ssing contest of "who has it the worst" doesn't help much, either.

Last edited by JMT; 08-11-2014 at 05:40 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 12:48 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just to answer your question, it's not "only an issue" when the victim is black, BUT, because there's a lot of bad history behind it and because it gets the most attention in the media, that's what they run with. Let's be honest, if white cops kill white people, it's not going to be "newsworthy" just like all the black on black crime that goes un reported. That's just the reality of it.

But getting into this p*ssing contest of "who has it the worst" doesn't help much, either.
Agreed!

I especially hate it when as Black folk, we get all bent out of shape when a non-Black person kills one of us. While crime against Black folk, by Black folk is seen by us (Black folk) as status quo.

Btw, I'm not assuming that you are Black.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:00 AM

66 posts, read 51,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
Agreed!

While crime against Black folk, by Black folk is seen by us (Black folk) as status quo.
That's because it is the status quo, as shown by the actual statistics found here:

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 1
FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 3

Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Sisko View Post
New Mexico ‘Killer Police’ Riots Turn Violent After Cops Throw Tear Gas into Crowds | Issue Hawk

There was Violent outrage over tha incident. Is this another white nationalist tactic of

How came blacks get this and how come whites dont get this?

Take your complaining and whining elsewhere.
New mod or just another passing troll?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:

OK but black on white random crazy murders are extremely common(much more than the other way around) and they are ALL completely ignored. They'll report it in the local news because they are required to cover every murder in the area but race will be ignored and nobody will hear of it again after a couple of days. But with Trayvon and Jordan Davis(two completely different kind of murders) EVERYONE heard about it just like how everyone is hearing about mike brown. Explain that. And black cops have killed whites too and that's know big deal. And when hispanics are involved(whether they're the killers or the victims as police or citizens) it's no big deal either.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Sisko View Post
New Mexico ‘Killer Police’ Riots Turn Violent After Cops Throw Tear Gas into Crowds | Issue Hawk

There was Violent outrage over tha incident. Is this another white nationalist tactic of

How came blacks get this and how come whites dont get this?

Take your complaining and whining elsewhere.

from the article: "When the group failed to go home, the police cracked down violently with protesters, throwing tear gas into the crowds, resulting in skirmishes with police that ended in several arrests.
Read more at http://issuehawk.com/tamar/2014/04/01/new-mexico-killer-police-riots-turn-violent-after-cops-throw-tear-gas-into-crowds.html#exqJyr2uFVykdDOO.99"

NO LOOTING, RIOTING, PEOPLE WALKING IN WALMARTS WITH LONG GUNS, SHOOTINGS, VIDEOS, ETC. even though ALL THE EVIDENCE of police brutality was all caught on tape...yet any time a black man gets taken out people go ham even when there's no video evidence and just the word of one of his friend. Do you not see the difference? White victim + 1000% evidence = a few protests where nothing happens...black victim + no evidence = looting,shooting,etc.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:45 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:

Of course it helps. Problems that are ignored don't get solved. If nobody complains about the incessant race baiting from the left, then it will never stop. It is only when the left finds that using race stops working for them that they will stop fanning the fires of racial discontent.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 AM

390 posts, read 941,358 times
I think the issue is that police are conditioned to think they're invincible. When people think of the police, they think of "hero", so in their eyes, they can do no wrong. But just because you can get through the police academy doesn't make you an honorable person. People need to realize that.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
OK but black on white random crazy murders are extremely common(much more than the other way around) and they are ALL completely ignored.
They'll report it in the local news because they are required to cover every murder in the area but race will be ignored and nobody will hear of it again after a couple of days. But with Trayvon and Jordan Davis(two completely different kind of murders) EVERYONE heard about it just like how everyone is hearing about mike brown. Explain that. And black cops have killed whites too and that's know big deal. And when hispanics are involved(whether they're the killers or the victims as police or citizens) it's no big deal either.
That's because, sadly, it's EXPECTED.

There are a few lines in The Dark Knight from The Joker that are eerily true:

Quote:
"You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan".
In this case, the "plan" is black on white (or black on any other race, for that matter) crimes, because there is this image portrayed and beaten into everyone's heads that blacks are criminals and violent and angry. Because of this, it's not seen as newsworthy because, according to the National media and several people, a black person killing or harming a white person is "normal". No big deal, even.

But they will definitely report on a white person killing or harming a black person and milk the hell out of that. Why? Because they know that's what will get you to watch. They know that's what will get you to create dime-a-dozen threads on the internet, such as this one. It generates more viewers, more opinions, more emotions, more debate.

I don't like getting into threads such as this one. I always avoid the "Politics and Other Controversies" threads because to me, they're all just nothing but people complaining and having "Oh, woe is me and my race and my country and my lifestyle and my religion" parties, instead of having any REAL progress or understanding of where the other side is coming from. I'm only here because it was posted in the wrong forums.

(I really hope none of that gets deleted, because it's a major part of the point I'm trying to make)

I'm not white. Don't know what it's like to be so and I can't tell ya how to feel... but I'm sorry, you're not going to generate as much sympathy from me. We all have our issues. Each race has its own issues to fix. But what you're doing here is just being another pawn in what several media outlets work to create.

This may be the last time I post anything here because, like I said, I generally hate these forums. But that's just what I see from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies