Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 PM

364 posts, read 370,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
. Have I had drunken sex? Sure. However it was usually with my significant other & if it was a one night stand, I still knew what was going on around me.
But you want to reserve the right to call this rape if you so choose. This is your argument. Since you drank, you couldn't have consented, even to your SO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 12:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
Opening the door for regret rape cases.

It boggles my mind how men have to responsible for a woman's decision. If you drink and have sex, you should be responsible for your own decisions, just like if you get behind the wheel.
Quote:
Don't get so emotional.

I only argue against giving certain types of women the power to ruin lives because they can't come to terms with their poor life choices.
Quote:
Just don't have sex with drunk girls is a nonsense argument. If you yourself are hammered, you may not be able to tell if the other party is drunk. And hey, how can you even consent.

You put yourself in that state, you are responsible for your decisions.
Quote:
Because the end game of feminism is to blame the world for any issues affecting women and remove ANY responsibility for their actions. A literal free pass to do whatever they want and punish those that do not subscribe to their entitlement mentality
Quote:
Yes you are. I do not think having sex with a puking, stumbling, passed out mess is legal or can be consented to.

Now attack my actual argument now that you know what it is not.
I could go on but I'm not interested in derailing this thread anymore than it has. Suffice it to say, you seem to have a strong disdain for women hence, blaming the woman. What's ironic is you keep saying "You are responsible for your decisions" but you don't apply that to yourself. If you're worried about a woman possibly claiming you raped her after a night of drinking, then the very very very very very very simple solution for you is....do not drink & have sex with women. That is taking responsibility for your actions. This law wouldn't even have to apply to you at all then.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I could go on but I'm not interested in derailing this thread anymore than it has. Suffice it to say, you seem to have a strong disdain for women hence, blaming the woman. What's ironic is you keep saying "You are responsible for your decisions" but you don't apply that to yourself. If you're worried about a woman possibly claiming you raped her after a night of drinking, then the very very very very very very simple solution for you is....do not drink & have sex with women. That is taking responsibility for your actions. This law wouldn't even have to apply to you at all then.
I have a disdain for women who refuse to take responsibility for their decisions. Seems you fall into this category.

Again, I am not referring to a passed out drunk chick, but to a woman who is coherent but intoxicated. She is responsible for her decisions. Not the man she chooses to sleep with.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I have a disdain for women who refuse to take responsibility for their decisions. Seems you fall into this category.

Again, I am not referring to a passed out drunk chick, but to a woman who is coherent but intoxicated. She is responsible for her decisions. Not the man she chooses to sleep with.
Actually, your assumptions about me are laughably false & the result of being desperate. Do you place responsibility on the man for his decisions? Such as, his decision to rape or assault a woman when he could easily NOT do that? Do you blame him equally? Or just the woman for unfortunately being drunk?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Do you place responsibility on the man for his decisions? Such as, his decision to rape or assault a woman when he could easily NOT do that? Do you blame him equally? Or just the woman for unfortunately being drunk?
If the woman is passed out or incoherent, he is at complete fault and is a predator. If she said no, drunk or sober, he is at fault. If she resisted, drunk or sober, he is at fault.

If she was coherent, went home, or invited him over, never said no or resisted in any manner, he is not at fault because he did not rape her. Waking up and regretting your drunken decisions does not constitute rape under current law, but it would under this law, and that's what you want.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
If the woman is passed out or incoherent, he is at complete fault and is a predator.

If she was coherent, went home, or invited him over, never said no or resisted in any manner, he is not at fault because he did not rape her. Waking up and regretting your drunken decisions does not constitute rape under current law, but it would under this law, and that's what you want.
Maybe you could refrain from assuming what I want since you clearly have no idea. I agree it's inexcusable for a woman to accuse a man of rape simply for regretting having sex. However, I also don't agree with a man having sex with a woman who is not of sound mind, whether drunk or drugged what have you.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Maybe you could refrain from assuming what I want since you clearly have no idea. I agree it's inexcusable for a woman to accuse a man of rape simply for regretting having sex. However, I also don't agree with a man having sex with a woman who is not of sound mind, whether drunk or drugged what have you.
Where's the line then. BAC? One drink? Five? Ten? Passed out? Why is it on the man to determine if a seemingly coherent person is making the right choice?

Also note I don't agree with sober men sleeping with drunk girls. I am arguing in scenarios where both parties are drinking.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Where's the line then. BAC? One drink? Five? Ten? Passed out? Why is it on the man to determine if a seemingly coherent person is making the right choice?

Also note I don't agree with sober men sleeping with drunk girls. I am arguing in scenarios where both parties are drinking.
Ok well if it's that difficult to make a distinction, it appears the best course of action is to not drink & sleep with someone in the first place. That way, no confusion.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Ok well if it's that difficult to make a distinction, it appears the best course of action is to not drink & sleep with someone in the first place. That way, no confusion.
For people that spend their social lives drinking, quite common in young American culture, this presents quite an issue. It's not that simple.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
For people that spend their social lives drinking, quite common in young American culture, this presents quite an issue. It's not that simple.
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I never falsely accused anyone of rape even when drinking. But if that's the fear out there, my only solution for men is don't drink & have sex with some random stranger if you think that could happen. Maybe wait til you & she are both sober.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies