Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, the perversions of the religion of Abraham are endless. Man is an imaginative creature, and can use religion to justify almost every atrocity. Even if it IS tens of thousands of people, they are hopelessly outnumbered by the rational, peaceful, and humane among us.
Christians have weeded out much of it's insanity.....too bad you and others live in the world of blaming Christians for world problems.

Did you notice the Christians in the ME have very little, are a very small group. What's happening to them?

When is the last time Christians in groups behead and forced conversion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If a child is capable of doing this.......I say destroy their way of life. Strange how people can claim "mental illness" just like buying a candy bar! The boy and his father are Islamic terrorist why is this hard for you to admit?

No wonder ISIS is winning!
Any child is capable of holding a severed head.

We don't know what the child did, or witnessed.

And since the child is from AUSTRALIA, are you arguing that we should destroy the AUSTRALIAN way of life? If not, then please recognize that the child is AUSTRALIAN, and AUSTRALIANS don't destroy children. The boy is being subjected to terrible things, and he's being subjected to these things because his father is mentally ill. People who are mentally ill are infamous for making bad choices, for believing in falsehoods, and for doing terrible things to their children and families. We cannot DESTROY mental illness. We can only treat it.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:56 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
"Religion of Peace"

Old 08-15-2014, 01:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Christians have weeded out much of it's insanity.....too bad you and others live in the world of blaming Christians for world problems.

Did you notice the Christians in the ME have very little, are a very small group. What's happening to them?

When is the last time Christians in groups behead and forced conversion?
I don't blame Christians for world problems. The fact that YOU read that into my post tells us about your mindset. Not mine.

I do blame irrational behavior for many of our problems, and many people who behave irrationally, like torturing and forcing people to convert to a different religion, they base their behavior on religious duties. They have a religious obligation to convert people, and they will fulfill that obligation at swordpoint if necessary. That was the reasoning behind the Conquistadors. That's the reasoning behind the Taliban's and ISIS's coerced conversions. It's irrational. You can't force someone to believe in something. You can't force people to believe in the Tooth Fairy. And you can't force someone to believe in God. You can compel them to pay lip-service to your faith. But what is the point of that? You're not saving their souls. And you're harming your own soul in the process.

The fact that Islamists are making the same mistakes that the Catholic Church once made is sad. I wish that they would realize what the Catholic Church came to realize. You can't convince someone by force.

So I think the Islamists are wrong, but I'm not going to convince them by bombing them, or by trying to destroy them, any more than they are going to convince people to follow their beliefs by threatening them. I can't convince them by arguing with them, because they are zealots, they don't listen to reason. By the same token, I think you are like them as well. You are a zealot, too. Arguing that these people need to be DESTROYED. That's the argument of a zealot. And zealots don't listen to reason.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
"Religion of Peace"
There's no such thing.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:25 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
"Religion of Peace"
it doesn't translate well from Arabic. It's actually religion of pieces.... a piece of an arm here, a severed head being held up by a boy over there.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Any child is capable of holding a severed head.
Mostly children from gang members in Mexico, Central America and the ME who find this childs play.

Quote:
We don't know what the child did, or witnessed.
This is quite obvious....

Quote:
And since the child is from AUSTRALIA, are you arguing that we should destroy the AUSTRALIAN way of life?
Only those who are willing to die by killing or force conversion for ALLAH......their way of thinking is not in line with traditional Islam??

Quote:
If not, then please recognize that the child is AUSTRALIAN, and AUSTRALIANS don't destroy children. The boy is being subjected to terrible things, and he's being subjected to these things because his father is mentally ill. People who are mentally ill are infamous for making bad choices, for believing in falsehoods, and for doing terrible things to their children and families. We cannot DESTROY mental illness. We can only treat it.
This father caused his own mental illness......he had money to be a drug addict: He appeared before the courts on a number of minor charges between 1995 and 1998, when he was also regularly taking amphetamines, LSD and ecstasy. The drugs were likely to have been a "significant factor" in the emergence of schizophrenia, the documents said. Less than five years after his release from prison, it's clear that Sharrouf has not abandoned the ideology that saw him jailed.
Nettleton said he became estranged from his daughter nine years ago after she converted to Islam and married her teenage sweetheart, an Australian born to Lebanese immigrants.
'Radicalized' father of Australian boy holding severed head has mental illness - ABC15 Arizona

Hard to feel sorry for someone who has lived a life of drugs and crime. AUSTRALIA has labeled the father as an Islamic Terrorist, not a mental case.

How does a doctor treat "Ideology?"

The Bible claims children will pay for the sins of THEIR father, this child is no different than any other child, correct?

Old 08-15-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
it doesn't translate well from Arabic. It's actually religion of pieces.... a piece of an arm here, a severed head being held up by a boy over there.
Sure it does......it means to submit or surrender themselves to God. The extremist just happen to be playing God. Nothing to do with God and everything to do with their own look upon the world. I do have a hard time with Saudi Arabia acting like they are a country of peaceful religious people. While we pay them major $$$$$ to survive and stone women in the streets.

Quote:
It's actually religion of pieces.... a piece of an arm here, a severed head being held up by a boy over there.
Just wonder why we never hear from the "officials" calling for this all to end. If it were a religion of peace we would hear more from the Kings involved.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:37 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,237 times
Quote:
Sure it does......it means to submit or surrender themselves to God. The extremist just happen to be playing God. Nothing to do with God and everything to do with their own look upon the world. I do have a hard time with Saudi Arabia acting like they are a country of peaceful religious people. While we pay them major $$$$$ to survive and stone women in the streets.

Just wonder why we never hear from the "officials" calling for this all to end. If it were a religion of peace we would hear more from the Kings involved.
what a cluster! I keep waiting for someone to invent synthetic gasoline or crude oil so we can tell Saudi Arabia and their pals, Iran, Qatar, etc to go scratch.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:15 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
All Dads want to help their sons get a head in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies