Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,175,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
It did for most of its history. Normally, leftists like you are keen to remind us of this. That is, until you make your appeal to tradition to justify mass immigration. Then, suddenly, immigration is a sacred civil right etched in the very soul and foundation of our beloved nation.
I guess if you don't count the Americans kept in bondage. The Hispanics that came with taking half of Mexico's territory. The mixed-race trappers and fishermen we got with Louisiana. Etc. I guess right-wingers like you are keen to forget those people, eh?

Old 08-13-2014, 11:07 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,037,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I guess if you don't count the Americans kept in bondage. The Hispanics that came with taking half of Mexico's territory. The mixed-race trappers and fishermen we got with Louisiana. Etc. I guess right-wingers like you are keen to forget those people, eh?
So blacks were considered members of the nation and the body politic now? That's good to know. I expect the grievance machine will be demobilizing any day now.

The rest of those were largely considered white. The oppression narrative as it pertains to the handful of Spanish/Mexican settlers in the southwest and those with modest levels of American Indian blood is mostly retroactive. Not that I blame them, of course. It pays to be a "victim" in modern America.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 PM

22,579 posts, read 24,396,578 times
Our corrupt and totally insane Scumiticians pushed-through the 1965 Immigration Reform Act in order to make the USAtard a 3rd world "paradise".

And yes, that is where the USAtard is headed, Mad Max America.....some cities are already there.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
So blacks were considered members of the nation and the body politic now? That's good to know. I expect the grievance machine will be demobilizing any day now.

The rest of those were largely considered white. The oppression narrative as it pertains to the handful of Spanish/Mexican settlers in the southwest and those with modest levels of American Indian blood is mostly retroactive. Not that I blame them, of course. It pays to be a "victim" in modern America.
Are you denying they were Americans?

And as for Hispanics, it doesn't seem to me the OP considers them white. If he did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 PM

21,397 posts, read 10,454,460 times
UGH! If you have read any of my posts, you know how I feel about robots. I'd rather them pay real human beings to wash windows, though Dubai does have some crazy tall buildings.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Our corrupt and totally insane Scumiticians pushed-through the 1965 Immigration Reform Act in order to make the USAtard a 3rd world "paradise".

And yes, that is where the USAtard is headed, Mad Max America.....some cities are already there.
The third world is great for the local oligarchy. Our elite has long stood in envy at the license the rich hold over the sprawling masses of poor in their shantytowns in the rest of the world. The middle class is uppity. They demand all these rights, and all this money. Who do they think they are? The third world helotry will be far more compliant.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,902,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
UGH! If you have read any of my posts, you know how I feel about robots. I'd rather them pay real human beings to wash windows, though Dubai does have some crazy tall buildings.
Cleaning windows is a rote task, and rote tasks are perfect for automation. Dubai is also leading edge in having some robotic hotel room cleaning "staff".

Old 08-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Are you denying they were Americans?

And as for Hispanics, it doesn't seem to me the OP considers them white. If he did, this thread wouldn't exist.
What if they were? So America has two historic demographics of significance. To suggest that justifies the mass influx of all sundry is a non-sequitur. There can be no doubt that white Americans were always considered the demographic bedrock. Were that not the case, leftists would have little ammunition with which to attack them.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
What if they were? So America has two historic demographics of significance.To suggest that justifies the mass influx of all sundry is a non-sequitur.
When did I suggest that?

Quote:
There can be no doubt that white Americans were always considered the demographic bedrock. Were that not the case, leftists would have little ammunition with which to attack them.
Oh, poor whitey. I feel so sorry for him. lol

So whites have always been the demographic bedrock. To suggest that justifies opposing immigration on racial grounds is a non-sequitur.

That was fun.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
When did I suggest that?

Oh, poor whitey. I feel so sorry for him. lol

So whites have always been the demographic bedrock. To suggest that justifies opposing immigration on racial grounds is a non-sequitur.

That was fun.
It would mean the advocacy of displacing someone in the home they built for themselves. On a smaller scale, this would be considered rather illegal, to say nothing of wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies