Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:39 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,729,413 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me why America become a minority majority county is a good thing?

I mean looking at what has happened to every culture and nation that has been overwhelmed by other cultures and nations and was/is made a minority in their own nation has never ended well. From the Roman Empire to the culture problems to the Middle East.

Please don`t pull the who "you are a racist" bit. You have to make the case on why some culture or races are not allowed to be a majority in their own nations while others cultures and races have the right to be a majority in their nations and other nations of other races/cultures...Which if its OK for other races expect one is that not itself "racist"?

And if "race does not exist" how can anyone be a "racist"?

Let the games begin.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:55 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times
Quote:
Please don`t pull the who "you are a racist" bit. You have to make the case on why some culture or races are not allowed to be a majority in their own nations while others cultures and races have the right to be a majority in their nations and other nations of other races/cultures...Which if its OK for other races expect one is that not itself "racist"?
Start drinking a little early did we?

The only reason America is going to become a minority majority country is because white people didn't have more kids. Nobody passed a law banning white people from being the majority and no law prohibits you from moving to a country where you will be the minority.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Start drinking a little early did we?

The only reason America is going to become a minority majority country is because white people didn't have more kids. Nobody passed a law banning white people from being the majority and no law prohibits you from moving to a country where you will be the minority.
So illegal immigration and massive non white legal immigration fueled by entitlements have nothing to do with that?

Old 08-13-2014, 06:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,434,339 times
Canada is more multi-racial than the US and has double the immigration rate. Canada works, and without the level of anti-immigrant animosity found in the US.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:05 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,033,586 times
Who cares what people look like. We are way too obsessed with skin color. Seriously.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:08 PM

148 posts, read 148,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I mean looking at what has happened to every culture and nation that has been overwhelmed by other cultures and nations and was/is made a minority in their own nation has never ended well..
What's this "own nation" stuff? I know some black people whose families have been here far longer than mine (a.k.a. 100+ years). Same with Hispanics.

Just because I'm whiter than the bastard child of Tilda Swinton and Barry Manilow doesn't mean it's "my" nation more than anyone else's.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:11 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So illegal immigration and massive non white legal immigration fueled by entitlements have nothing to do with that?
That's a factor and it was one that we accepted. Cheap labor makes employers happy and cheap prices makes customers happy. My point is, nobody was forced and nobody is prevented from going to another country. Now, entitlement are an issue, but that is separate from the color of someones skin.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,936,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post

Just because I'm whiter than the bastard child of Tilda Swinton and Barry Manilow doesn't mean it's "my" nation more than anyone else's.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:12 PM

21,428 posts, read 10,512,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Canada is more multi-racial than the US and has double the immigration rate. Canada works, and without the level of anti-immigrant animosity found in the US.
Canada has a population smaller than California, so they're not getting overrun by illegal immigrants apparently. I don't know why the illegals don't want to go up there and work, but it seems that it's probably not as easy to get in there and work illegally as it is here. We don't really have an anti-immigrant mentality so much as an anti-illegal immigrant mentality.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
How much illegal immigration do you have into Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.