Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 08:17 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I got his "point."

My point is that maybe HE is one of those animals that he accuses others of being.
People do it, regardless of race or sex. Just most don't want to acknowledge that a human would do such a thing.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:01 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
No its a direct shot at black people. He's one of the types that would refer to us as monkeys which are notorious for that behavior. He just thinks he's being cute and slick by tip toeing around it.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What is wrong with people? Yes, go ahead & antagonize officers who have their weapons drawn. Just stupid. Why even go to those protests? Do you really want to be involved in that? What are the chances that you could possibly get shot not even by an officer but by some random protestor?
Goodness, why stand up for something you believe in? You might get hurt or make an officer angry. Peaceful protest is all we have and we should do it more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Gosh maybe you haven't heard about the rash of police officers shooting innocent dogs?? Got a few informative threads for u right here on cd

Old 08-21-2014, 10:21 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
One has to wonder how much damage would have been done by the rioters/looters had the local police force not had that gear & equipment available to them. It has been said that the presence of the 'militarized' police is what set off the rioting, but I suspect it would have happened anyway and probably have been much worse. Perhaps the situation could have been handled better (by police) early on, but I don't have a problem with them having the equipment necessary to protect lives & property and protect themselves in the process.
If the police hadn't been there, it's likely the rioting mobs would have destroyed the entire city, rather than just a neighborhood or two. It's a shame the police didn't step up and protect the people of the city from the rioters and instead backed off for fear of "offending" anyone. It should be a lesson-when police are the most desperately needed, they won't be in sight.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:30 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Goodness, why stand up for something you believe in? You might get hurt or make an officer angry. Peaceful protest is all we have and we should do it more often.

Gosh maybe you haven't heard about the rash of police officers shooting innocent dogs?? Got a few informative threads for u right here on cd
Obviously I'm not referring to peaceful protestors. I am referring to the protestors who are throwing things at the police, throwing Molotov cocktails, harassing the police, looting, burning down stores. Come on. That solves nothing but showing people that you can't control yourself.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:53 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I got his "point."

My point is that maybe HE is one of those animals that he accuses others of being.
I don't know, and even though I kind of thought I knew what he meant, I would not fan the flames by saying it online. I'm trying to choose peaceful things to say or something like that, but not that blatant.

there was a bottle or more of urine being thrown, that's pretty close to throwing stuff that can be toxic if it contains AIDS virus or something else.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:38 PM

311 posts, read 56,821 times
i will start posting up news about police brutality. This needs to stop! Enough is Enough!

Incident: BART officer intentionally murdered unarmed man
With a fine police record, nothing explains why a BART officer chose to enact extreme discipline in front of a crowd on New Year’s Day in 2009. Apparently, there were fights on a train, and BART officers were called to assist. One man in particular, Oscar Grant III, was removed from the train, and an officer knelt on him as another shot him in the back. This incident, nothing short of a willful execution, was videotaped and caused mass public outrage.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:39 PM

Incident: Minneapolis police planted gun on killed teen
In 2006, a teen was killed by police, having been shot eight times. He was unarmed, yet the police planted a gun near him to justify the shooting. The planted gun was actually recovered from a burglary, and when they were discovered, the police tried to write new reports to clarify that the gun near the teen was not the same one that he had been carrying. Evidence points to a planted gun, with no fingerprints of the teen found on the gun.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:40 PM

Incident: Phoenix anti-cop blogger raided
One blogger named Jeff Pataky turned to the web to express his outrage at the incompetency of the Phoenix police. They raided his home, seized his laptop and his roommate’s laptop, took his backups and modem, handcuffed and detained his female roommate for three hours, and took his sons out of elementary school. Police officers who didn’t like the things being said about them online and who had the power to do something about it abused those privileges.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:41 PM

Incident: Man who bumped into a woman attacked with Taser
At a bar, a man named John Thompson was playing pool and accidentally bumped into a woman. Does this sound like a pickup strategy deserving of a slap, at the most? That’s not how it played out. Even if it wasn’t accidental, it certainly doesn’t warrant the punishment: a brutal beating the man suffered at the hands of four officers, with a punch and multiple Taser shocks. The officer charged in the incident has been charged six times previously, but somehow, is still allowed on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies