Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
If someone doesn't want to **** off a cop, I suggest keeping quiet and doing what you're told to do.
There are some 40 million encounters betweeen police and the citizenry a year. 30% involve white arrestees resisting and often assaulting officers without anyone being killed. An unknown, but large, number of black men are severely beaten during arrests, and 96 black men are killed every year by police during confrontations. I was once grabbed by cops in the middle of the night. They were looking for someone else. I did everything they said. I lived, but I was battered and bruised just by the initial blows to my head and chest that they made when they attacked me without any warning whatsoever. In fact, to this day they never identified themselves as police and I only assume they were because they didn't rob me or steal my bike or anything else. Which they obviously could have. They were in absolute control form start to finish. Must be nice to live above the fray as it were and have the privilege of offer pithy advice from your computer as to what people should do to be safe in your world.

H

Old 08-22-2014, 10:40 AM

13,723 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
.....I was battered and bruised just by the initial blows to my head and chest that they made when they attacked me without any warning whatsoever. In fact, to this day they never identified themselves as police...
So you were minding your own business then suddenly attacked and beaten by two men. Two men you assume were police because they never identified themselves.

Sounds nasty but I tend to believe that isn't how the police generally operate.

Here's my experience..

While living in Dallas I (white male) went to a local McD and while walking home took a short cut behind the McD parking lot and up a side street.

On this side street I was stopped by two cops. They asked what I was doing and where I was going. I explained I was on my way home from McD and showed my drivers license.

One of the two cops seemed upset and I wasn't sure why.

He kept pushing me with questions in an angry tone while the other officer said nothing. I was finally let go and when I got home called to make a compliant.

I was told there had been a rash of home robberies in the area which is why I had been stopped.

Fine I said but the officers behavior was out of line and I wanted to make a complaint which I did.

The morale of the story is I had enough common sense not to provoke the officer and complain later.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:42 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,331,120 times
I don't want to stray off topic, but this shouldn't be ignored:
Quote:
"Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him."
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast

Old 08-22-2014, 02:28 PM

317 posts, read 328,850 times
Quote:
There are some 40 million encounters betweeen police and the citizenry a year. 30% involve white arrestees resisting and often assaulting officers without anyone being killed. An unknown, but large, number of black men are severely beaten during arrests, and 96 black men are killed every year by police during confrontations. I was once grabbed by cops in the middle of the night. They were looking for someone else. I did everything they said. I lived, but I was battered and bruised just by the initial blows to my head and chest that they made when they attacked me without any warning whatsoever. In fact, to this day they never identified themselves as police and I only assume they were because they didn't rob me or steal my bike or anything else. Which they obviously could have. They were in absolute control form start to finish. Must be nice to live above the fray as it were and have the privilege of offer pithy advice from your computer as to what people should do to be safe in your world.

H

Where is a link to all these statistics you are spouting off about?

You said cops never kill whites. Here is just one example that proves you're wrong.

Black cop kills white man, media hide race

If you act a fool no matter what your race you just might get shot by a cop.

Blacks should be telling other blacks to remain calm and do as your told when dealing with cops. Instead many blacks are putting all the blame on the cops.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:35 PM

317 posts, read 328,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I don't want to stray off topic, but this shouldn't be ignored:

The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast

Even if this report is true (remember this is some author's perspective on what happened and not the actual report of what happened) it doesn't mean that there is more corruption in the PD.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:49 AM

288 posts, read 204,457 times
Default Cop Suspended Over Ugly Ferguson Comment

Police officer brands Ferguson protesters 'rabid dogs'

Old 08-23-2014, 04:50 AM

788 posts, read 1,249,115 times
Quote:

H
Let me get this straight.

You have no proof to back up any of the claims you made.
You were beaten up by people who you think were police.
But despite all that, we are supposed to believe that all cops are bad?

Old 08-23-2014, 05:00 AM

288 posts, read 204,457 times
This just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!:s hocked:

Old 08-23-2014, 06:26 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
Although I do not refer to people as dogs I have observed that individuals tend to take on a different persona when gathered into a group. A mob mentality syndrome. Groups can be dangerous. We have seen totally innocent and non related in any way individuals that have been hurt and killed only because they unknowingly drove into an area in which a large group had formed into a mob.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:32 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I agree with the mob mentality driving people to act like stupid animals or "rabid dogs" . On any given day most people wouldn't throw rocks or bottles filled with urine at the police but put them into a whipped up group of frenzied angry people and all heck breaks loose. Most people wouldn't smash windows and loot stuff but hey if that guy is doing it then why don't I get in there too? That is the mentality. Yes it is like a bunch of animals but that is human nature.
This cop shouldn't have said anything to incite anyone anymore. I don't think he should have gotten suspended over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies