Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:58 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times

Advertisements

Bush will be seen with the same regard as Harrison. IF, he can get out of office without being impeached.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Just how much worse of a president must Bush become before every one in this forum agrees he is no great president? It's just too scary for me to even venture to think about.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:15 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
There is very little doubt in my mind that George W. Bush will be remembered as the worst President in US history, and that he will in effect be awarded his own separate category of badness so as to make it quite plain that no other President has ever come even close to being such a colossal screw-up. There is no significant category in which Bush has not been a dismal failure. The fact that we ever elected this man and his minions will hang like an albatross of shame around the domestic and international neck of this nation for decades to come.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:16 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,506 times
Ban???????!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:18 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
He did pass NCLB. Ensuring the next generations of Americans will sound just like him.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:22 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
He did pass NCLB. Ensuring the next generations of Americans will sound just like him.
Only if they're taught by NEA members.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Bush will be seen with the same regard as Harrison. IF, he can get out of office without being impeached.
I doubt that Bush would be impeached.

Then Cheney would be appointed President.

Personally; I feel that Bush is a traitor for many reasons; but, history will be the true arbitor-------not me.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:59 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Although I did not agree with many things that President George Bush Jr. did, he will still go down through history as a great American President.
What do u mean by great? Do u mean his presidency will always be remembered? If that is what u mean then I agree to a certain extent. If u mean great in the catagory of Washington or Lincoln, I think u must be a blind optimist who has not fully grasped the gravity of recent events. For example corruption, the war, the lies, the lack of security, the decline of the U.S. dollar, out-sourcing, big-business tax breaks-especially for the rich, the mortgage crisis, low wages in comparison to the increase in the cost of living expenses, unreasonable fuel prices, the failure of Middle East peace..., division and politcal unrest among Americans- especially along the lines of political parties, class, race, gender, and national origin, the decline of justice for the aging and socioeconomically disadvantaged; also, the loss of military power and reputation in the international community. I could go on... Although I have not loss all hope, I am not even sure if I believe this country can recover from his Administration. I think Bush Jr. will indeed be one of the more memorable presidents. However, I wouldn't put "great" by his name without the word "disappointment" right next to it.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:03 PM

7 posts, read 16,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
What do u mean by great? Do u mean his presidency will always be remembered? If that is what u mean then I agree to a certain extent. If u mean great in the catagory of Washington or Lincoln, I think u must be a blind optimist who has not fully grasped the gravity of recent events. For example corruption, the war, the lies, the lack of security, the decline of the U.S. dollar, out-sourcing, big-business tax breaks-especially for the rich, the mortgage crisis, low wages in comparison to the increase in the cost of living expenses, unreasonable fuel prices, the failure of Middle East peace..., division and politcal unrest among Americans- especially along the lines of political parties, class, race, gender, and national origin, the decline of justice for the aging and socioeconomically disadvantaged; also, the loss of military power and reputation in the international community. I could go on... Although I have not loss all hope, I am not even sure if I believe this country can recover from his Administration. I think Bush Jr. will indeed be one of the more memorable presidents. However, I wouldn't put "great" by his name without the word "disappointment" right next to it.
Ditto. Well said

Old 12-22-2007, 09:31 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
ROTFL at the original post, good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies