Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 06:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

We all can remember the solider's we were training that turned their weapons on US trainers and were killed.

The recent account of three missing Afghans allowed in to train here that were found trying to enter Canada. What if they were the type who were interested in creating terror. We invited them here for a reason but their reason to be here is different. The government (all seeing, all knowing) is unable to understand or detect their intentions.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I agree but would like to make one distinction. The Immigration policy that an individual uses to get a family member into the country is not the source of the problem.
The problem is the government sponsorship of people from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Yemen, Somalia who brings them here and dumps them on the tax payer to support. Often times they would not meet the qualifications for entry if sponsored by an individual or for education or income.
It's all about "quotas" and few people understand how those work. The FEDS can lift or restrict "quota" levels at will and that's just what they do. When people talk about "immigration" - they automatically are thinking 'south of the birder' Immigration .... BUT the South of the Border Immigration is only about one HALF of the Immigrants that enter the USA every single year.

I've long been in favor of Immigration Reform - partly because I understand it a bit more than most because I live in the State with the longest Border with Mexico AND because I know so many Mexicans who either are trying to "work" in the USA and live in Mexico, or wanting to just visit, or trying to join family and move here permanently or just have family in Mexico.

It's just WRONG to have to spend $1,000's of dollars an pay a Shady Immigration Lawyer just to try and Immigrate to this country, but that's the situation. It's become like the Corrupt Government in Mexico - you have to pay a Bribe for everything.

I had two Grandparents that came to the USA as Immigrants - they didn't have to "pay" bribes or hire a Lawyer to come -- we had reasonable and decent laws for Immigration when they came.

NOW ..... It's a shakedown Racket. Sorta like the Holder DOJ shakes down Banks and Businesses.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'll just say it... he is an enemy to this country.

LAWMAKERS BLAST ADMINISTRATION'S POLICY ON ALLOWING LIBYAN PILOTS & NUCLEAR SCIENTISTS TO TRAIN IN U.S.

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recently approved a final regulation to lift a longstanding prohibition on Libyans coming to the U.S. to attend flight school, to work in aviation maintenance or flight operations, or to study or seek training in nuclear science. The final regulation has been approved by OMB and can be signed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson.

The prohibition was originally put in place in the 1980s after the wave of terrorist incidents involving Libyans. Not even two years after the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was attacked, which resulted in the deaths of four Americans, the Obama Administration justifies lifting this ban by claiming the United States’ relationship with Libya has since improved.

I just don't see how someone can do this and say they are looking out for America's interests.
Conservative logic at it's finest!

"We cannot take the second amendment rights away from people on the off chance that they're criminals."

"We must keep Libyans from aviation and nuclear technology on the off chance their criminals."

Its a blatant display of reactionary nonsense. There is no basis for it in anyway.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's all about "quotas" and few people understand how those work. The FEDS can lift or restrict "quota" levels at will and that's just what they do. When people talk about "immigration" - they automatically are thinking 'south of the birder' Immigration .... BUT the South of the Border Immigration is only about one HALF of the Immigrants that enter the USA every single year.

I've long been in favor of Immigration Reform - partly because I understand it a bit more than most because I live in the State with the longest Border with Mexico AND because I know so many Mexicans who either are trying to "work" in the USA and live in Mexico, or wanting to just visit, or trying to join family and move here permanently or just have family in Mexico.

It's just WRONG to have to spend $1,000's of dollars an pay a Shady Immigration Lawyer just to try and Immigrate to this country, but that's the situation. It's become like the Corrupt Government in Mexico - you have to pay a Bribe for everything.

I had two Grandparents that came to the USA as Immigrants - they didn't have to "pay" bribes or hire a Lawyer to come -- we had reasonable and decent laws for Immigration when they came.

NOW ..... It's a shakedown Racket. Sorta like the Holder DOJ shakes down Banks and Businesses.
I see where your coming from and it's true. They raised the various fees and cost again just this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies