Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
50 years ago the prospect of two men or two women marrying was preposterous, just as preposterous and far out as the additional changes suggested. After all, you don’t want to be accused of not allowing those “in love” to marry now do you, as that is what you are saying.
Nah, 50 years ago the sanctity of marriage was about keeping interracial couples from marrying. Couldn't let "marriage in its present form and meaning is (be) devolved, changed, and mutated into something else altogether in society"

Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
That circumstance will easily be redefined as well and as easily as marriage in its present form and meaning is being devolved, changed, and mutated into something else altogether in society, business and legal realms especially. The homosexual militant bullies don’t like those very real outcomes as they and them alone will be blamed and held responsible for opening Pandora’s Box and destroying marriage once and for all. It’s still not too late to put the lid back on… for now anyway.

50 years ago the prospect of two men or two women marrying was preposterous, just as preposterous and far out as the additional changes suggested. After all, you don’t want to be accused of not allowing those “in love” to marry now do you, as that is what you are saying.

Dude, I think us straight folks are doing a good job of destroying the sanctity of marriage ourselves. Have you seen the divorce rate lately?

Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
At one point it was illegal for blacks and whites to marry, do you support that ban too?
Sexual preference is NOT a race. To satiate your curiosity and to clarify, no, as I not only find black women and women of other colors and races very sensuous and attractive lets just say that I have partaken and I'll leave it at that.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:46 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,810 times
if the media sticks it into every aspect of our life to the point where I can't watch a football game without hearing how gay michael sam is It won't surprise me at all if people get sick of it to the point where they say "let gay marriage be legal so I never have to hear about it again".

Old 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Dude, I think us straight folks are doing a good job of destroying the sanctity of marriage ourselves. Have you seen the divorce rate lately?
that divorce statistic is so flawed. Those los vegas marriages, those dumb hollywood liberals that get married 4 times, people like that absolutely destroy the image of marriage and make divorce seem cool. People who truly believe in marriage and understand that its for life, the divorce rate is much lower.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:48 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nah, 50 years ago the sanctity of marriage was about keeping interracial couples from marrying. Couldn't let "marriage in its present form and meaning is (be) devolved, changed, and mutated into something else altogether in society"
The "present form" involved man + woman, nothing mentioned, said, inferred about or regarding the homosexual. The man-woman meaning (unification of the sexes) never changed and remains intact.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
The "present form" involved man + woman, nothing mentioned, said, inferred about or regarding the homosexual. The man-woman meaning (unification of the sexes) never changed and remains intact.
At the time, the present form didn't involve interracial unions. Miscegenation was certainly considered unnatural and against God's law. Which is why "present form" just isn't a good argument.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
that divorce statistic is so flawed. Those los vegas marriages, those dumb hollywood liberals that get married 4 times, people like that absolutely destroy the image of marriage and make divorce seem cool. People who truly believe in marriage and understand that its for life, the divorce rate is much lower.
True believers in marriage don't get divorced, because if they do, they don't count as true believers?

Old 08-22-2014, 11:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Sexual preference is NOT a race.
Race was an excuse then. Heck, race mixing itself was deemed "communism". Sexual preference is an excuse now. Same attitude, different excuse.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
if the media sticks it into every aspect of our life to the point where I can't watch a football game without hearing how gay michael sam is It won't surprise me at all if people get sick of it to the point where they say "let gay marriage be legal so I never have to hear about it again".
Sounds good to me. And to the gays I know, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies