Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 08:06 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Let me take a WILD guess here; NO Wife or Girlfriend in your life?
And if she slapped him in the face, he goes the extreme and knocks her teeth down her throat.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't say that you were inferior, I was saying homosexuality is inferior. Those two statements are so dissimilar as to have basically nothing in common with each other.

To better explain it, imagine someone who is a "midget". Who wants their child to be a midget? No one. But who would love their child regardless of if they were a midget? Everyone.

Midget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even more, while many midgets are famous actors, and many others have gone on to live very successful lives. Who in the right mind is "indifferent" about whether or not their child is born a midget? If given the choice, your child would be normal size. And if you were to have a son, you would want him to be tall.

There is nothing wrong with recognizing that certain human characteristics are more beneficial than others. Everyone recognizes for instance that high intelligence is more advantageous than low intelligence. It doesn't mean I'm declaring that everyone with an IQ below 100 is "inferior".

No parent, if given the choice, would choose for their child to be homosexual. Being a homosexual is basically a punishment. You are basically losing the genetic lottery, just like many other human characteristics.

It reminds me of this video by Louis CK about "being white". He talks about how great it is being white, then clarifies saying "I'm not saying that white people are better, I'm saying being white is clearly better. Who would even argue?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0

I agree with him, being white is clearly better. Just like being a heterosexual is also clearly better. Who would even argue?

It does not mean heterosexual people are better. My gay friend is a significantly better person than most heterosexual people. In fact, the first line of your post is a topic that he and I discuss quite a bit. In fact, most of the people we both know who have children are people who shouldn't have any children at all. And in almost all cases, the people with the most children are the worst ones of all.

redshadowz, you must admit that it is society that has created the stigma with gays or lets say homosexuals. The disadvantages to being gay is not the lack of reproducing, because many straight people also do not reproduce. The disadvantages with being gay is what the gay person has to deal with from said society and how it treats gay people. Being gay does not create any physical or mental disadvantage, nor does it make the individual sterile. And by society I really mean for the most part the church.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes, it's amazing. I'm also quite certain that everything on all the other planets in the billions upon billions of other galaxies is equally amazing.
It still doesn't mean that God did it.
Yes, I need proof. I've seen none. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
Something did it, eh? What you call it or don't want to call it is up to you.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
not much of a sacrifice, since he knew he was coming right back.
lol

Old 09-03-2014, 08:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian Scott View Post
My opinions are rooted in Darwinian evolution, not religion....
No they are not. If they were, you would know that homosexuality is found in many species, and there is a lively debate as to what that fact means in terms of evolutionary mechanisms.

When I say homosexuality, I mean a range of behaviors, from dry-humping to mutual masturbation to full-blown pair-bonding.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
ONLY bigots use those terms ... Maybe shameful to you but not to others.
How about if someone said; My Wife/Husband is NI**** ?

Maybe YOU are having trouble coming to terms with YOUR sexuality?
Life would be much better if you accept it and not live your life like others think you should.
Lighten up. Seriously, you're going to give yourself agita.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Big deal...That doesn't mean it is normal or should be celebrated.....Many things are "natural" in our most animalistic form....There have been mass rapes committed by soldiers in EVERY single war in human history and rape exists in every society since the dawn of time....Does that mean we should just accept it since it's likely a natural trait in a tiny percentage of Males (hell it may even be more than a tiny percentage of males)??? No of course not.....Civilized society exists so we can reign in some extremely destructive primitive behaviors...

Pedophilia also has existed in every society on earth since the dawn of time....Obviously 2 consenting adults marrying each other is NOT comparable to Pedophilia, BUT if we are using the "You can't help who you are sexually attracted to line" well that can likely also be said of pedophiles and many other things.....I don't think ANYONE has control over what they are sexually attracted to....

The people who have bizarre deviant forms if sexuality are just very unlucky and were likely born with a malfunctioning brain in some way.....Homosexuality is only a very mild form of deviance, but it IS still a deviance....
You are correct that natural behavior should not necessarily be legal behavior. I guess the question is which behaviors at the ends of the natural bell curve should be legislated against.

Quote:
Let LGBT marry since they are consenting adults and they pay taxes, BUT I find the increase in rates of homosexuality in Men and Women to be VERY concerning.....Maybe instead of "celebrating" it so much we as a society should try to figure out why so many more people are gay nowadays than just 100 years ago....It's a very troubling trend....
Why do you think that an increase in self-reported homosexual orientation is the same thing as a real increase in homosexual orientation?

Old 09-03-2014, 08:55 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
My girlfriend can't stand the feminist movement either. She see's it for what it really is, just like I do. Neither one of us are religious or conservative, and we're both educated professionals from Seattle WA, so you can't pull the redneck card on us either.
So your "girlfriend" doesn't want to be treated as an equal when the only different is her sex?

I think you have NO idea what a Feminist even is.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
My girlfriend can't stand the feminist movement either. She see's it for what it really is, just like I do. Neither one of us are religious or conservative, and we're both educated professionals from Seattle WA, so you can't pull the redneck card on us either.
Good thing you found each other then.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Good point....Just because it seems to be much more prevalent nowadays doesn't mean it actually is....Back in the day LGBT individuals would avoid coming out for obvious reasons (its not worth loosing your life or being ostracized from your community), but now being that we live in a relatively tolerant age it's obviously a different story....But I don't know it just seems to be very common and out in the open nowadays and I'm not sure what to make of it....
Well until we have some evidence, let's just go with Ockham's Razor, and not worry. The lack of serious persecution means that we are finally seeing the truth about how many people are attracted to people of the same sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies