Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 04:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Was Korea of importance to us? Was Germany? Was any of it?
Korea? Probably not. Moreover, we don't need to defend Korea anymore. They're a wealthy nation with a huge army. They're also an economic competitor. Why pay to defend your competition?

Germany? Yes. But Germany is also wealthy and no longer needs our presence. They haven't needed it in decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 04:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can't wrap mind around it.

Just how long did you want us to stay? Forever?
we went into iraq with noble intentions, to free millions from a brutal dictator. and we did that, and we trained the iraqi army to defend the country, and then we left. i am not angry that we left, in fact i am rather happy we left, the war was dragging on too long.

what i am upset about is that the iraqis dont seem to want the freedoms we paid the price to give them. but it is their country, and if they dont want to fight to keep the freedoms we paid for, so be it. in fact i think obama is doing the wrong thing now by sending bombing missions into iraq against ISIS targets because the iraqi people dont seem to want to keep their freedoms. however at least obama is showing some backbone in ordering the airstrikes.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we went into iraq with noble intentions, to free millions from a brutal dictator. and we did that, and we trained the iraqi army to defend the country, and then we left. i am not angry that we left, in fact i am rather happy we left, the war was dragging on too long.

what i am upset about is that the iraqis dont seem to want the freedoms we paid the price to give them. but it is their country, and if they dont want to fight to keep the freedoms we paid for, so be it. in fact i think obama is doing the wrong thing now by sending bombing missions into iraq against ISIS targets because the iraqi people dont seem to want to keep their freedoms. however at least obama is showing some backbone in ordering the airstrikes.
Noble intentions?

Anyway, I think airstrikes are a bad idea.

We need to cut the cord.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Noble intentions?

Anyway, I think airstrikes are a bad idea.

We need to cut the cord.
noble intentions yes, but as i said, i do agree that we should not be putting any of our people in further danger.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
I can't wrap mind around it.

Just how long did you want us to stay? Forever?
Cause they are in blame President Obama mode and in fantasyland.

Nearly zero conservatives have thought about or answered the question, why GWBush couldn't get combat troops out if Iraq?

You'd think that conservatives would grapple with why Bush couldn't get it done. He had nearly 6Yrs.

But they have zero interest in that.

So you are right their only real criticism of President Obama is that he refused to triple down on their epic blunder by keeping combat troops in Iraq forever.

And understand if President Obama would have kept combat troops in Iraq, conservatives would be attacking him for doing that as well.

The sad fact is on public policy conservatives don't seem to care anymore and more importantly conservatives are wrong about everything.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:37 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,366 times
Quote:
noble intentions yes, but as i said, i do agree that we should not be putting any of our people in further danger.
So we have no obligation, and therefore should ignore the genocide in progress? Seems to be the story of the last 15 years or so.

Yep, let's let the terrorists form yet another state and sit here and wait for them to attack us again.

The terrorists have indeed won - something the right has always decried - at least when they were in power....

Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Cause they are in blame President Obama mode and in fantasyland.

Nearly zero conservatives have thought about or answered the question, why GWBush couldn't get combat troops out if Iraq?

You'd think that conservatives would grapple with why Bush couldn't get it done. He had nearly 6Yrs.

But they have zero interest in that.

So you are right their only real criticism of President Obama is that he refused to triple down on their epic blunder by keeping combat troops in Iraq forever.

And understand if President Obama would have kept combat troops in Iraq, conservatives would be attacking him for doing that as well.

The sad fact is on public policy conservatives don't seem to care anymore and more importantly conservatives are wrong about everything.
you might actually try reading at least my posts in this thread before you make blanket statements against conservatives, or do you enjoy lying all the time?

bush had a plan on when to start pulling troops from iraq, and the last were scheduled to go home in 2009, WHICH THEY DID. only obama took credit for getting the troops out of iraq despite the fact that he used bushes timeline, and SAID SO.

next time try reading up on a little current history before spouting you bull crap.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
So we have no obligation, and therefore should ignore the genocide in progress? Seems to be the story of the last 15 years or so.

Yep, let's let the terrorists form yet another state and sit here and wait for them to attack us again.

The terrorists have indeed won - something the right has always decried - at least when they were in power....
Let other nations stop the genocide. Why does it have to be us?

And yes...I really don't care if ISIS controls Iraq.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:

The argument is as honest as can be.
No, it is wholly dishonest, because it TOTALLY misrepresents those who disagree with what has happened and how.

Quote:
Some of you are hotter than hell that we're no longer in Iraq to "fight terrorism"...
Unless you have proof of that (no, your psychic powers are not proof), that's a lie. A deliberate lie.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:54 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
you might actually try reading at least my posts in this thread before you make blanket statements against conservatives, or do you enjoy lying all the time?

bush had a plan on when to start pulling troops from iraq, and the last were scheduled to go home in 2009, WHICH THEY DID. only obama took credit for getting the troops out of iraq despite the fact that he used bushes timeline, and SAID SO.

next time try reading up on a little current history before spouting you bull crap.
I read almost no posts in these threads but the OP.

So what's your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies