Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:55 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

We need to cut the cord.
yes. agreed.

I read it somewhere that "As for the future of the U.S. role in Iraq, the American presence has shifted from the military to the CIA, which is covertly helping Iraq build up its counterterrorism operations." sorry, I don't remember the source.

I just don't understand why can't we leave them alone. The terrorists there should just cancel each other out already. They will never stop fighting each other anyway. We should stay the hell out.

I don't care for Jesse Ventura, but he said the reason Columbus was sailing West and going through India is because he wanted to avoid the Middle East. LOL There is a reason why middle east is a sh*t hole. Always has been and always will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 07:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAllenDoudna View Post
Then move to Canada. You will be much happier there beings you have only contempt for our military.
I do, huh?

Where's the evidence of that?

I'm not about to let you put me on my heels with that accusation.

You think I hate the military? Fine with me.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
I can't wrap mind around it.

Just how long did you want us to stay? Forever?
Most of us didn't want to go in the first place. Why did we spend a Trillion dollars just to hand it back to terrorists?

I, a former REP, never wanted to be there at all. SO Damn Insane was a puppet we should have kept in place. He hated Iran and Iran hated him, making it the perfect buffer for us. Most of us knew that when GWBush invaded Iraq, it was all about finishing what daddy couldn't. Now we are paying the price for our arrogance, and so are the Iraqis.

Air strikes are probably a good thing, but at some point we'll begin to look like Israel and boots on the ground will become required. Mark my words, we will end up in Iraq again.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:33 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Mc Cain said 100 years if need be.
We've been in Germany for 70ish.... Wierd huh?

P.S. This isn't meant as a jab or anything just a actual reflection of how long we've been stuck over there. ugh.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I read almost no posts in these threads but the OP.

So what's your point?
in other words you dont really care what other people are saying, because you have your own ideas, and that is what you are going to post regardless of the true facts. in other words you enjoy showing off your hatred and ignorance.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:03 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but you COULDN'T finish the job you started in Vietnam.:

Giap, Charlie, and Ho were whipping your asses...and you were never gonna defeat them or "finish the job."

And that's the lesson you should apply to Iraq if you had any sense.
"but you COULDN'T finish the job" Couldn't or not let allowed to? HUGE difference.

"Giap, Charlie, and Ho were whipping your asses. Wrong.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about.

The VC, you do know what VC is, don't you?, put their BEST effort forward at the TET offensive. It was their last attempt to try and beat us.

We WON every single battle of the TET Offensive, yet the very liberal, as was found out after he retired, Walter Cronkite, "The most trusted name in news" LIED to the face of the American people with his declaration in Saigon claiming that we had lost.

As usual the troops on the ground were winning the battle and as usual the politicians turned tale and QUIT, just as Obama did in Iraq.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:33 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but you COULDN'T finish the job" Couldn't or not let allowed to? HUGE difference.

"Giap, Charlie, and Ho were whipping your asses. Wrong.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about.

The VC, you do know what VC is, don't you?, put their BEST effort forward at the TET offensive. It was their last attempt to try and beat us.

We WON every single battle of the TET Offensive, yet the very liberal, as was found out after he retired, Walter Cronkite, "The most trusted name in news" LIED to the face of the American people with his declaration in Saigon claiming that we had lost.

As usual the troops on the ground were winning the battle and as usual the politicians turned tale and QUIT, just as Obama did in Iraq.
History repeats itself. Liberals decided iraq was another vietnam within weeks of the iraq war starting. They have worked to make it happen ever since.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:59 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I'm conservative and strongly oppose our continued involvement in Iraq. What is going on there is not our problem, and not worth the life of an American serviceman. ISIS and the other Muslim insanity in Iraq will stop when the people of Iraq stand up for themselves, say "enough" and turn on them and decide to live like civilized humans. Not before.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:02 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Quote:
I can't wrap mind around it.

Just how long did you want us to stay? Forever?
Not a conservative, but in the eve of withdrawing it did sound great for us to finally leave that hell hole we call Iraq -- the problem is that the combat mission should've ended but our presence needed to stay.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:13 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm conservative and strongly oppose our continued involvement in Iraq. What is going on there is not our problem, and not worth the life of an American serviceman. ISIS and the other Muslim insanity in Iraq will stop when the people of Iraq stand up for themselves, say "enough" and turn on them and decide to live like civilized humans. Not before.
Before any military engagement, there's two questions that should be answered...

"What are we willing to die for?"

And

"What are we willing to kill for?"

The answers to the first should mostly overlap the answers to the second.

And further, the number of answers to either should be very small.

If you have an honest answer to both questions, then you will not just fight, but WIN, and when you win, whatever happens after that will be for the reason it was worth the fight in the first place.

Sadly, political processes simply do not lend themselves to any of that, with much credibility. Which is why the president, alone, was granted the authority to answer both questions and to provide the actions that followed those questions. Sadly, after the fight is over, it tends to be the political process which determines our actions - which means we have abandoned just about every goal worthy of killing or dying for, in the pursuit of votes.

<< sigh >>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies