Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This makes no sense.
If you supported what he said you would have simply said so, not try and make things up to make it look bad.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:32 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you supported what he said you would have simply said so, not try and make things up to make it look bad.
I do support it. I made that clear in my posts.

I'm not making things up to make it look bad. What are you getting at?

White Americans don't believe black people face systematic racial in the criminal justice system. White Americans believe black people are more criminal. This is a fact.

If Rand Paul continues to make the opposite point which means we have to change how the system works, he will run into opposition from conservatives, who definitely believe black people are more criminal.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I do support it. I made that clear in my posts.

I'm not making things up to make it look bad. What are you getting at?

White Americans don't believe black people face systematic racial in the criminal justice system. White Americans believe black people are more criminal. This is a fact.

If Rand Paul continues to make the opposite point which means we have to change how the system works, he will run into opposition from conservatives, who definitely believe black people are more criminal.
Your bigotry is noted.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:35 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,640 times
Quote:
And yet, you are unable to provide anything other than your opinion. And really, not much of one there either.
What would you want from me? A video...go find it yourself. It's easy.

Paul went before the nation to filibuster about the horrors of drones killing Americans without trial...two days later he flipped.

Thems the facts. You just don't like them. And you aren't exactly bringing hard-core rebuttal. Merely saying 'that's your opinion' isn't a rebuttal.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Your bigotry is noted.
Lol, this is an irrational conclusion based on the content of my posts.

Noting that white Americans believe that black people don't face systematic racial discrimination in the criminal justice system because they believe black Americans are more criminal is objective reality based on polling data about this issue.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
I think you're speaking for all white people, and not doing a good job of it. If you're black, then you are speaking of your perception, and not from experience.

As for Paul... of course he's going to meet with opposition, from both sides. Both sides talk a good talk about solving issues, but when it comes right down to it... they secretly support the status quo.

Ron Paul was feared and betrayed by the RNC. There's no reason to suggest Rand will be treated any differently. If people REALLY want to make a change, I'd say Paul would serve in a bipartisan fashion more than any other candidate, at this point.

We have to start thinking of what will be good for the country, and stop worrying about whats good for either party, and these crony politicians.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
What would you want from me? A video...go find it yourself. It's easy.

Paul went before the nation to filibuster about the horrors of drones killing Americans without trial...two days later he flipped.

Thems the facts. You just don't like them. And you aren't exactly bringing hard-core rebuttal. Merely saying 'that's your opinion' isn't a rebuttal.
If they were the facts, again, you would be able to provide them. I do not need to provide hard core rebuttal to baseless accusations.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Lol, this is an irrational conclusion based on the content of my posts.
So we are even. Tit for tat and all of that.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I think you're speaking for all white people, and not doing a good job of it. If you're black, then you are speaking of your perception, and not from experience.

As for Paul... of course he's going to meet with opposition, from both sides. Both sides talk a good talk about solving issues, but when it comes right down to it... they secretly support the status quo.

Ron Paul was feared and betrayed by the RNC. There's no reason to suggest Rand will be treated any differently. If people REALLY want to make a change, I'd say Paul would serve in a bipartisan fashion more than any other candidate, at this point.
I'm not speaking for anyone. What I wrote about white Americans belief about black people being more criminal is reality. This statement has nothing to do with my racial identity or my experiences. It is reflective of looking at polling data and reading studies about white Americans' beliefs about black people and crime.

No on this specific issue, he will meet opposition from conservatives and the majority of white Americans who believe the opposite of what he believes.

That's why it's my contention, Rand Paul will either change his position or say he never had that position.

Understand the view that the criminal justice system racially discriminates against black people would have huge policy implications that wouldn't be popular with white Americans his base voters.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:58 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
I agree with him completely. Last year, while cutting its budget in all areas that had to do with actual classroom teaching, my university bought a tank for its campus police force. A tank. WTF for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies