Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2007, 06:25 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,060,158 times

Advertisements

On a lighter note, but still with some punch, it appears Santa has delivered quite a few copies of the Constitution to the President:

It should make for some good reading over the holidays.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all the members that travel this way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 06:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,880,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
On a lighter note, but still with some punch, it appears Santa has delivered quite a few copies of the Constitution to the President:

It should make for some good reading over the holidays.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all the members that travel this way!
Ok, I tried to find out what it "costs" to send Bush a copy (i.e. thinking it was a fund raiser), but it wasnt, they will send one in your name for free.

Anyone who thinks this is an exageration, should also sign to have a copy sent, to eat into their operating funds.

(just kidding but it reminds me of the people on the street, handing out their religious pamphlets, you take one.. then throw it away.. haha)

Old 12-22-2007, 06:44 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,151,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, I tried to find out what it "costs" to send Bush a copy (i.e. thinking it was a fund raiser), but it wasnt, they will send one in your name for free.

Anyone who thinks this is an exageration, should also sign to have a copy sent, to eat into their operating funds.

(just kidding but it reminds me of the people on the street, handing out their religious pamphlets, you take one.. then throw it away.. haha)
Bush has been trying to do this to the Constitution for some time now, hence the dire need for so many copies.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,880,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Bush has been trying to do this to the Constitution for some time now, hence the dire need for so many copies.
I would need some type of examples as to how Bush has been doing this, and make those examples something that previous administrations did not do to buy that argument.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,678,073 times
I doubt Bush has ever read the thing- or even if he could read it

Old 12-23-2007, 01:36 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,120,568 times
I hope some of those were in the form of children's books with pictures.

Others, I would hope, would be the audio version (so he could listen to it while he's doing his gym workout).

Wouldn't it be a hoot if someone switched his Ipod with one that has nothing but various actors reading the Constitution aloud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies