Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 08:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

(yawn)

A law enforcer who breaks the law needs to be removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 08:27 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxsCH_p1oc#t=335

Old 08-15-2014, 08:29 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:
A law enforcer who breaks the law needs to be removed.
Unless the law says so, then no, she doesn't. A grand jury, as in 12 regular Texans, decided that there was enough evidence to warrant the charges. It's not exactly a blue state either. I'd say Perry has a bit of an issue on his hands. Any governor messing with the staff of the office that holds them accountable for any reason is a bad thing. He should have known better.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:16 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Seems pretty drunk to me. After she was released from jail, did she make an effort to have the charges dropped? Is that even possible in this day and age of dash cams? It seems to me that someone should not necessarily lose their job because of a crime she paid for, unless it was a violent crime. Perhaps hypocritical and unethical, but if you got a DUI would you think you should lose your job?
Was there not a call in 2000 or 2004 to toss Bush because of a DUI by his wife?

Old 08-15-2014, 09:25 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Since you were obviously too excited to start a new thread and provide a link, I shall do so for you:

Grand Jury Indicts Perry Over Integrity Unit Veto | The Texas Tribune

You're welcome.

By the by: I predict the indictment will be quashed.
Let me rep. that for You, would do it twice if I could...........

Old 08-15-2014, 09:31 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Seems pretty drunk to me. After she was released from jail, did she make an effort to have the charges dropped? Is that even possible in this day and age of dash cams? It seems to me that someone should not necessarily lose their job because of a crime she paid for, unless it was a violent crime. Perhaps hypocritical and unethical, but if you got a DUI would you think you should lose your job?
I will lose my employent if I get a DUI and I am sure there are lots of employers besides mine that would do the same thing.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:36 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Of course it is unlikely to play out that way. But noted that you as a lefty favor the idea of punishing your political foes via sexual torture. Par for the course.
Who said anything about torture? My guess is he'd enjoy it. I was just wishing him well.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:39 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
What an asinine comment.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:07 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,271,663 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
... A grand jury, as in 12 regular Texans, decided that there was enough evidence to warrant the charges. It's not exactly a blue state either...
This comment alone makes me think you don't live in Texas, or know anything about Travis County. 12 regular Texans.... in Travis County, Austin? I suppose it is possible to have 12 regular Californians in Marin County, Sausalito.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:11 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
The goal here for the left - from the article...

Quote:
The indictment throws a major wrench in Perry's possible presidential ambitions; he was in Iowa last week and was expected in both New Hampshire and South Carolina in coming weeks. Perry is the first Texas governor to be indicted in almost a century. His office did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

Perry had been riding high and making national headlines in recent weeks, railing against the Obama administration for a perceived lack of response to the humanitarian crisis on the Texas-Mexico border, then reallocating funds to send National Guard troops there himself.

Now, he'll be playing defense.
He has to spend his energy on this - mental energy, financial resources.
Quote:
After Lehmberg pleaded guilty to drunken driving last year, Perry threatened to withhold $7.5 million in funding over two years for the integrity unit if Lehmberg did not resign.

Lehmberg, a Democrat, was sentenced to 45 days in jail but did not resign. Perry made good on his pledge and vetoed the state budget’s funding line item for the unit. Though Perry has the authority to veto items in the budget, his critics said that this was done expressly for political purposes and is a crime.
Ridiculous. She should be removed for driving drunk and putting lives at risk. You think if Perry drove drunk, the left would be frothing at the mouth to remove him? Would it be political? Of course it would.

FYI... BAC was .23

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-16-2014 at 02:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies