Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 01:11 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Through the top of your head and out your chin??!?!?!?!!!

I don't have to be a Geometry major. In fact I never passed college math

Once again, take up your argument with the pathologist, he's the one who cited two specific possibilities. Until further evidence is presented, nobody can know for sure which is which, no matter how many pretty diagrams they present on the news.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:12 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
None of this has any bearing in the real world whatsoever. It is your opinion, because you have the ability to sit at home and playing Monday Morning quarterback.

If someone is advancing on you, despite you having a gun trained on them, your assumption is that they won't stop and you keep firing until they do stop. That's the real world.

You're assuming that Brown was only running away, yet there's reason to suspect otherwise.
You missed my point. My point was that even if the cop was aware of Brown stealing the cigars and shoving the clerk, and even though Michael resisted being pulled into the cop car, it's not like Wilson was trying to apprehend a murder suspect.

The cop shouldn't have used deadly force to apprehend someone for walking on the road even if he stole cigars and/or resisted arrest. The severity of the pursuit of Brown should have matched the severity of his crimes. And his crimes were not deadly or even serious.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:12 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
\
Except in this case, all of the three eyewitness testimonies we have heard so far corroborate each other. They don't vary.
And none of them are corroborated by the autopsy report or the descriptions heard in the background of a few of the first hand videos found from the scene.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Would have been some type of residue on him. There wasn't. Also. If the gun went off in the car, and Mike Brown began to flee. Why would he double back and charge the officer?
So, you see no reason why a criminal who used his size as a weapon would go back after the cop, but yet you believe the cop would risk everything to murder a black man for jaywalking?

"Oh, Brown would never do that because it doesn't make sense, but it makes sense that Wilson would murder someone for racial reasons."

Quote:
And if he did. Why would ALL of the eye witnesses lie about it when not coordinating their stories?
Simple, because if it fits the neighborhood culture of "cops are dirty", "cops are bad" and "do what you need to do", it might be the automatic account.

I've read plenty accounts of how looting stores whose owners had nothing to do with this is justifiable. We've also seen the "snitches get stitches" graffiti.

I'm not saying this was the case, but I'm saying it's very possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So he loves him because he's a cop....okay
Or maybe they love him because they know him personally Highly doubt.
Maybe he loves him due to his service in the military and then police force. Maybe he views this as a sacrifice.

Do you really believes he loves that a person was shot and killed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
That wasn't on the job, acting as a cop.
You didn't write that, you wrote that a cop had never been found guilty and executed.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:14 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
All the twitter feeds are saying that now..he was on his knees with his hands raised pleading for mercy.
People who 1 day ago claimed he was running away and shot in the back have changed their story to match up with the autopsy.

Stop making up stories and just WAIT for the real experts to tell us what happened.

Exactly what Mark O'Mara said would happen. You basically contaminate the testimony which is one good reason for withholding further evidence until the investigation is completed. I hope enough interviews have been completed with witnesses that anyone changing their story to match the released evidence will simply be seen as lacking credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And you never will buy it no matter how many facts are presented to show it happened any other way than you seem to already believe it happened.

One of these days people are going to realize that attacking a police officer is a dangerous move and that their life may very well be the cost. Everyone seems to ignore the fact that he attacked the officer first, and before that committed at least three other crimes before being shot. I can see him simply being arrested for one, armed robbery and ticketed for another, blocking the street, but once he attacked the officer he resisted arrest and then assaulted a police officer both are a major Felony. Once he committed his last two crimes he was not going to go to college, he was going to prison for a very long time, it is his actions that put him where he was and his actions that led to his own death. People can say it was a tragic event, and it was, obviously he was not stupid he was signed up to start college soon, but he made several very bad choices, and paid for it with his life and if he not been shot and killed he would have still spent many years in prison. The best that can come out of this tragic event is that other kids can learn that the choices one makes, even those made in one single day, can change the rest of your life, and just maybe instill in them that they need to make better choices than Brown did if they wish to live a happy and long life.
That has not been established. The three witnesses describe the cop lunging for Brown's neck and trying to pull him into the car, and Brown resisting.

Quote:
You missed my point. My point was that even if the cop was aware of Brown stealing the cigars and shoving the clerk, and even though Michael resisted being pulled into the cop car, it's not like Wilson was trying to apprehend a murder suspect.

The cop shouldn't have used deadly force to apprehend someone for walking on the road even if he stole cigars and/or resisted arrest. The severity of the pursuit of Brown should have matched the severity of his crimes. And his crimes were not deadly or even serious.
The officer shot Brown in self defense, not in order to punish him for stealing cigars and pushing a clerk.

Are we really going to do down the same road as Trayvon where those of you on the left ignore every shred of reason, common sense and reality when having conversations about this event?

Old 08-18-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
That has not been established. The three witnesses describe the cop lunging for Brown's neck and trying to pull him into the car, and Brown resisting.
The same three that describe Brown getting shot in the back?

Old 08-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And none of them are corroborated by the autopsy report or the descriptions heard in the background of a few of the first hand videos found from the scene.
Put up the links for the first hand videos with the background descriptions. As far as I know there is only one, and it is impossible to make out clearly what a man in the background is saying.

The version of the three witnesses that have appeared in the media, totally are in line with the autopsy report.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Can you show us any kind of history of Wilson grabbing people and yanking them into the cop car because they were black?

I'd also like to know what type of a car this was, because with Brown at 6' 4", I don't see how Wilson could possibly reached his throat unless it was a really tall vehicle.

Quote:
According to the cop, he didn't shoot Brown for cigars or walking down the street, he shot Brown due to Brown attacking him and grabbing for his weapon.

Should there be a law against cops shooting a person who attacks them and goes for their gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies