Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 02:43 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Just have to wait for the investigation to get done. Hopefully there's fairly conclusive evidence pointing one way or the other. I think we should know a lot more in a week or two once toxicology and everything else has been completed.
They've said that he had marijuana in his system.

Marijuana can elevate feelings of paranoia.

Depends on how much was in his system.

But anyhow. Time will tell.

I hope they stop burning down their town.

When the truth comes out I hope they accept it.

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Doesn't matter if he committed 150 crimes. Even if he was a previous ax murderer, you wouldn't shoot him dead, if he wasn't carrying an ax....No reason to shoot an unarmed suspect dead.
We do have protocol and rule of law in this country.

And if Brown did not stop approaching the officer in a threatening manner even after told to stop?

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I used to work with the police in community programs to reduce youth violence and gang violence. I didn't grow up in the ghetto, but I met with gang members in Boston from the Dorchester area to interview them, met with at-risk young kids from the projects in Boston and Louisville, and also many concerned community members of violence-ridden neighborhoods. I've met lots of police. I'm not impressed with them.
You aren't impressed with them? Why? Please elaborate.

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
I used to work with the police in community programs to reduce youth violence and gang violence. I didn't grow up in the ghetto, but I met with gang members in Boston from the Dorchester area to interview them, met with many young kids from the projects in Boston and Louisville, and also many concerned community members of violence-ridden neighborhoods. I've met lots of police. I'm not impressed with them.
Why not "impressed" with them? In what sense?

I was a dispatcher. It was classified in administrative within that particular force. You get some frantic calls. Tough job taking them. Gotta be much tougher going to them.

My experience has been cops are no different than the rest of the job sectors in our country: good ones and bad ones exist.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Forgot to explain how the cop got his injures, and even the witnesses did not say anything like your theory happened, nor does the evidence, but hey don't let any facts get in the way of your story.
They could have struggled at the squad car and he took off running.

I wonder where his friend was at the time.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:44 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
I never said he was shot execution style. But his friend Dorian Johnson implied that Michael Brown had turned around, and was in the process of raising his hands and going on his knees. That's what he said.
Or....he had turned around and was in the process of outstretching his arms to lunge.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
I'll add my opinion of the possible scenario that took place:

All of the gunshots, except the head shots, were on the far right side of Brown's body. My estimation is that if Michael Brown was right handed, then his actions towards the police officer in a close-up confrontation would have had Brown's right half of his body closer to the police officer. This would be particularly true in a fight situation if Brown were actually reaching and/or attacking the officer.

To me, the 4 shots in the far right side of Brown tells a story. We just don't know what it is yet.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:47 PM

518 posts, read 763,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They've said that he had marijuana in his system.

Marijuana can elevate feelings of paranoia.

Depends on how much was in his system.

But anyhow. Time will tell.

I hope they stop burning down their town.

When the truth comes out I hope they accept it.
Except people like Jackson and Sharpton have already condemned the LEO to be a cold-blooded, racist executioner of poor black people.

When the facts come out, it will be very difficult for what the tone has already been set to change.

Any facts that point towards aggression and justifiable shooting of Brown will be painted as a racist smear-campaign to discredit the black community.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think there's a good chance that a lot of what you've said here is true. I'll add that he didn't know the cop didn't know he had robbed the convenient store, and that's where his conscious really kicked in....after being confronted by the police. I'm thinking an overreaction Michael's part is probably a huge part of this equation.

As far as charging the police officer, i'm curious to find out to what degree he charged the officer, if any, and at what point the officer fired his weapon.
Yes, you're right.

I think the kid thought he was being confronted over the convenience store theft and didn't know the cop had no idea about it.

One of the bullet wounds was on the back edge of his forearm so he likely had his hands in the air in submission.

I haven't heard that the kid had a police record. If the kid had never had a run in with the cops he likely didn't know the drill.

If it teaches them anything it's not to run from the cops when being questioned.

Anyhow.

It's a pathetic case.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Or....he had turned around and was in the process of outstretching his arms to lunge.
Unless Brown was Elastic Man, 'lunging' would have given him thin air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies