Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,107,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I watched some of their coverage too. And, thought it was very good.
What struck me was the total objectivity of it all.
They reported what happened as it happened.
And when they recapped it was just the facts that are known.

Vice (Tim Pool) are the ones that covered the OWS protests as well.
The independents today are the real news.

Tim Pool - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,978,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
When a 6'4 300lb man fractures your face with his fist, yeah thats gonna leave a mark.
See here we go again. Brown did not "fracture his face". If the report is to be believed, Brown punched Wilson in the eye (obviously at very close contact) and fractured the tiny bones around Wilson's eye socket.

I swear, if we took 20 people on here and gave the first person one sentence about an incident
and had them rephrase it to the next person, I'd really be curious what the final sentence would
end up like.

Nothing like rearranging the descriptive....

Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,855,613 times
It's beginning to look like those who wanted to make it about Brown as opposed to the big picture are going to be left holding an empty bag.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:41 AM

25,723 posts, read 16,340,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Sisko View Post
You would see the exact same thing, the White oriented education system is a complete failure, as can be seen with americas high illiteracy rate
Is it White orientated because us whites help our kids with their homework and keep them safe? And teach some discipline? I think the Asian parents are doing a pretty good job of making the schools Asian orientated as well.

7,789 posts, read 6,338,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's just an example of what the fracture is, not the officer's X-Ray.

46,162 posts, read 26,822,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
An example...

Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM

11,129 posts, read 10,895,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I'm now starting to think it's possible a grand jury won't indict Wilson - all hell will break loose when if that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
In the end it probably will not matter to the mob, all they are interested in is pushing their own agenda and "Justice" has nothing to do with their goals here. When it all comes out they will prove it by their actions and words, watch and see.
We haven't seen anything yet. This situation has the power to get very ugly at a national level. If the officer is released from all liability, you can expect riots in every major urban area. It will be a rioters and looters field day. Hopefully, they'll keep the destruction in their own part of town as they usually tend to do.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,844,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow, when you are robbed you can't even report that you were robbed for fear they'll kill you?
Depends where one has their business. I once worked for a Telecom company that had sites all over the country and often times we had to go to them late at night to do upgrades. You would not believe some of the places they had sites and let's just say it is the same time I got my carry permit, being in some areas at 3 am is not a good idea without being armed. We actually had one guy get his truck stolen while he was at a site, and the truck was behind a 10ft fence with razor wire on top and a locked gate, they simply cut the lock off, stuck a gun in his face and took his truck, he has since not gone to one alone or unarmed again. There are areas all over the country that are simply not worth the risk to put in a business, sadly that harms those honest citizens that are stuck living there but one has to look for their own best interests.

46,162 posts, read 26,822,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
See here we go again. Brown did not "fracture his face". If the report is to be believed, Brown punched Wilson in the eye (obviously at very close contact) and fractured the tiny bones around Wilson's eye socket.

I swear, if we took 20 people on here and gave the first person one sentence about an incident
and had them rephrase it to the next person, I'd really be curious what the final sentence would
end up like.

Nothing like rearranging the descriptive....
Yea, talk about rearranging...are the eyes not part of your face?

13,255 posts, read 12,066,171 times
Where are the reports now that Brown punched the officer??

Are there unnamed witnesses from unnamed sources that verify this as well??

Again not saying its not true, just being objective.

Also, if Brown was punching the officer (meaning he was within 5 feet) when the officer 1st fired, wouldn't there be residue on his body?

I know we'll have to wait to see what's found on his clothes, but just trying to renact the scene in my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies