Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 09:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Brown's a thief Wilson is a murderer.

You happy?

Do you have any evidence that would justify the shooting?
Maybe the autopsy that no one wants to believe is the evidence.
The Fed is now doing a second one with their own people.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:38 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I believe you misunderstood me.

I'm not talking about this 'after the fact ' looting event; I'm talking about the general malaise within the black community that results in so many of them feeling disenfranchised at a very early age so as to go out and break laws and challenge cops.

I'm also not suggesting the throwing of money at any problem, nor am I burdening the discussion with the typical Liberal Verus Conservative crap.

You likening every negative problem within the U.S. to a "Liberal" causation is infantile to the extreme given the fact you're a democratic republic and every one of your reps got there through a voting of the "people", by the people, for the people.

Does it never occur to you that when you constantly denigrate one segment of your population with the term "Liberal" you are castigating your fellow citizens and, as it happens, they may have also been the majority? What condition would allow for the majority of your fellow citizens to fit some spurious category in your eyes?

Perhaps if you stop throwing stones, your neighbour might meet you half way and then you can both sit down and discuss how to fix what's so obviously broken, eh?
And I stand by what I say. The apathy in the minority needs to be overcome by those that live there. They have to lift themselves out of it. No one can do it for them.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Federal authorities were the ones who told the local police department to suppress the video. I was wondering why it took a week to release.

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
The problem, as Pres. Obama outlined in an address a few months ago, is that the crime culture of many young AA males is poisoning everyone's thoughts and causing fear that young AA males may assault/shoot/stab etc. them. This is not so much racism as it is fear which in a large part is the result of the gang culture and crime. For example, I am of European ancestry, but if I'm walking down the street and a bunch of white/euro skin head types with swaztikas carved in their heads, tats over the entire body, start giving me the evil eye, Im gonna be scared and would probably over react (if I had a gun) if I felt threatend - nothing to do with race.
I def get what your saying.

I honestly don't want to derail this thread with that discussion but I'd love to have it with anyone. It's a serious issue.

For example, I'm a black male, ex college fullback, wear a beard. I'm the nicest guy in the world, worked to live where I did, and still had people afraid of me in my own neighborhood. I dress either casual or sporty.

My father who drives a nice car gets pulled over because he has a nice car. No way a black man could be driving that car!

It doesn't matter how you act or what precautions you take. People will profile you anyways just like they're lumping all black people together in this thread.

But hey, its only blacks who are responsible for their entire race. Not any other race.

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Funny..this link hit the ferguson twitter and then got removed.

A Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at the Scene of the Ferguson Shooting is a Game-Changer

Someone didn't like the autopsy results..Holder orders another one done by a Fed medical examiner.

With an open mind..."what if" the cop was defending himself against Brown charging him ?
Apparently the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" Memo hadn't gone out yet. This description matches up with the story the cop's fried told the radio station.

ETA: I didn't read the article at first, just watched the video, but apparently the article also covered the fact that the two stories matched.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 08-17-2014 at 09:49 AM..

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
After seeing the pictures of MB bullying that smaller person during the robbery, sorry but I'm not very upset that he's gone.

Obviously the rioters and looters are upset about something, maybe MB. I'm not sure.

At first I heard the guy was starting school and had plans for his future. Then I saw he was nothing but a criminal.

Is the world better off or worse off without him? I guess that's up to each individual.

But he sure didn't deserve a death penalty for robbery and thuggery on that smaller person...but all the facts are not out yet.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
What ? You ask now. The "people" kicked Ron Paul and his libertarian views into the gutter 2 times running.
You got what you wanted in power. Deal with it now..the tanks, the paramilitary roaming the streets, the curfews, the lies.
I supported Ron Paul and have talked down about Obama numerous times on this board!

Do you not remember me being the poster always talking about a break away from the 2 party system??

Old 08-17-2014, 09:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I supported Ron Paul and have talked down about Obama numerous times on this board!

Do you not remember me being the poster always talking about a break away from the 2 party system??
Sorry then. I guess it was the way you asked.
I too supported Paul the last two times.

People had their chance to break away. They chose BAU.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
After seeing the pictures of MB bullying that smaller person during the robbery, sorry but I'm not very upset that he's gone.

Obviously the rioters and looters are upset about something, maybe MB. I'm not sure.

At first I heard the guy was starting school and had plans for his future. Then I saw he was nothing but a criminal.

Is the world better off or worse off without him? I guess that's up to each individual.

But he sure didn't deserve a death penalty for robbery and thuggery on that smaller person...but all the facts are not out yet.
Police Chief said he didn't know about the robbery when he stopped Brown.

It's not just about MB. It never was. It was about the issue of Police corruption/excessive force/brutality in this country. That's what its been about.

The people have been at odds with the Police in that community and many other communities for a long time now.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Sorry then. I guess it was the way you asked.
I too supported Paul the last two times.

People had their chance to break away. They chose BAU.
You'd prob be happy to hear I'm trying to remove the black vote from the Dems.

And its NOT going to the Repubs if successful. I'd support a Paul endorsement, Warren endorsement. Anyone willing to break away from the establishment. We have to break up the power structure.

It's the older Americans who are holding us back in that regard imo (2 party system).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies