Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times

Advertisements

Best quote I have seen maybe ever in relation to the police state, the welfare state, and why Ferguson probably is inevitable:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin D. Williamson
When life is reduced to the terms in which it is lived in the poorest and most neglected parts of Chicago or Detroit, the welfare state is the police state. Why should we expect the agents of the government who carry guns and badges to be in general better behaved than those at the IRS or the National Labor Relations Board? We have city councils that conduct their affairs in convenient secrecy and put their own interests above those of the communities that they allege to serve, and yet we naïvely think that when that self-serving process is used to hire a police commissioner or to organize a police department, then we’ll get saints and Einsteins out of all that muck.
(emphasis mine), link to article: Who Lost the Cities? | National Review Online

It's very relevant, as Williamson points out, that the more heavily progressive a city becomes, the worse that city becomes for black people by and large. Following community organizer/agitator shakedowns, installations of heavy handed liberalism via race politics, and eventual political cronyism and corruption, the group that always ends up the worst is the one the political class used (as Malcolm X pointed out in 1963) to get there - poor black people.

Ferguson is the latest example that no matter how bad things are for a black person, a liberal can always find a policy that makes it worse.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:15 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,487,187 times
Basic (from what I've read).

This has turned into a race issue, which it should have have become. He was NOT innocent. He committed a crime, no matter how big or small, a crime is a crime. For the people of Ferguson to be acting in such a way is just disgraceful. They have Black on Black shootings, looting and more crime. The shooting was a jump off point for them to instill chaos.

On the flip side, have you seen the video of the black kid beating up on a black security guard for telling the kids they can't skate there. mmm, where is al sharpton when 38 black people are killed in one weekend in Chicago?

You would never see White people acting like this if a white person is killed at the hands of a black officer.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:16 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why? Does the mob scare you that much that you would prefer it turn out to be the cop that was at fault? The only thing that matters is the Truth and that is how Justice is attained, the truth does not require that the mob agree with it for it to still be true.

read - my statement - or read it again.

My preference is that the evidence would support the eye witness account and that the Brown was shot unarmed, with hands up, etc. That would be the easiest outcome.

I'm not saying - nor do I say in anyway - that I want a police officer convinced of something they didn't do

I just prefer the police officer to be guilty and justice done. Simpler.

If the evidence supports the police officer and the shooting is justified. . well its going to be a bad time for St Louis. But as I like to say

Justice be done, let the havens fall

Old 08-19-2014, 11:16 AM

518 posts, read 763,610 times
Quote:
Why? Does the mob scare you that much that you would prefer it turn out to be the cop that was at fault? The only thing that matters is the Truth and that is how Justice is attained, the truth does not require that the mob agree with it for it to still be true.
Unfortunately the mob mentality has already handed down a verdict...and that's guilty in the murder of Brown by Wilson.

But that's the court of public opinion. The chant of "no justice no peace" illustrates exactly that except they don't want justice at all...they just want revenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
How about this --- if the cop had a fractured bone from a punch, how come Brown's hand didn't have bruises ? ... or this --- did anyone examine the cop car for evidence of the cop's eye hitting the door frame as he exited to execute Brown ? So many questions

per Baden, a shot fired from less than 1-2 feet can leave powder on the body.
Obviously these facts will slowly leak out as investigation continue and they are being released to the public domain.

Also Baden, the pathologist, also said he had no access to Brown's shirt, which he was wearing at the time....so if he was shot at close range the gun powder would be on the shirt, not on his skin....

Old 08-19-2014, 11:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Sorry if this has been posted...

Young black man tries to stop others from looting. He deserves praise & recognition.

The Americans with Charlie LeDuff: A righteous voice from the Fe - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

All this stuff makes me ill.
I agree, too bad not more citizens are standing up for what is right. Hopefully when the dust clears someone will remember who he is.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Really, I have seen more than one riot that got out of hand simply because the police did not have the equipment to deal with it, the riots on LA are an excellent example of such, along with several before.
A riot is out of hand Don't you mean demonstration/protest.

The 1999 WTO Seattle riot comes to mind for me.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Sorry if this has been posted...

Young black man tries to stop others from looting. He deserves praise & recognition.

The Americans with Charlie LeDuff: A righteous voice from the Fe - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

All this stuff makes me ill.
No Justice, No Peace.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:20 AM

518 posts, read 763,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The National Guard were all deployed to the Target parking lot.
That's what they guarded..the command center.

The Governor is still tip toeing around the racial issues.
Ah yes I do remember seeing pics of them in a target parking lot...lol

Seriously, the leadership needs to take charge and ensure safety for the people and businesses of Ferguson.

The thugs have chosen to participate in a lawless society and so they have chosen to bring the national guard unto themselves. Now we just need swift actions to stop the thugs tonight.

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Basic (from what I've read).

This has turned into a race issue, which it should have have become. He was NOT innocent. He committed a crime, no matter how big or small, a crime is a crime.

Yeah - you forgot jaywalking. So he obviously deserved to die because of the dual cigar stealing and jay walking.

Lets make sure we stay close to the evidence. The fact that he stole some cigars is largely irrelevant to the use of force.

I also blame St Louis for the crowds reaction. obviously this is just a straw. . they are doing something wrong if the crowd is this pissed off by one person killed. Obviously this pot has been boiling for a while. .and I blame the local institution for that.

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
[quote=ginmqi;36149076]Oh dang, poor reporting by CNN. Well in that case then what she says is kinda useless.
[/quote[

No, CNN confirmed with sources within the investigation that what she was claiming was in fact the officer's actual recounting of events and those sources confirmed that was correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies