Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That is not what I said.

I said those 3 people/entities push victimhood and oppression of Blacks by the White man.
It's their livelihood and they would cease to exist or have any importance without that.

And I further said that if the Blacks need a spokesperson then Bill Cosby should be the guy.

My posts are in the locked thread should you want to go verify.
Is the bold not what i said in my post ?

You think it is victimhood, that is fine, its a free country and you are allowed to have that opinion, but as i said, you wouldnt say that to some right wing watch dog group simply because you agree with them.

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Agreed in part. The police chief will be exhibit 1 in how not to handle a situation like this. The Chief's initial heavy handed response only agitated the community. I am not sure that a curfew is the proper answer. It is tantamount to declaring marshall law. Looters and vandals must be stopped however and the community protected. So there may be no other choice. The Governor should have better addressed the investigation into Michael Brown's death.

I agree with you. What they really need to do is give a timeline on the investigation. People want answers and the only thing the are getting now is being told to be patience. Giving a timeline would help greatly.

Reggie

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
My buddy who lives in Chicago sent me a text, said that the Mega Buses were loaded with people heading to loot and raise hell in St Louis. Has anyone else heard this?

Old 08-16-2014, 03:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Agreed in part. The police chief will be exhibit 1 in how not to handle a situation like this. The Chief's initial heavy handed response only agitated the community. I am not sure that a curfew is the proper answer. It is tantamount to declaring marshall law. Looters and vandals must be stopped however and the community protected. So there may be no other choice. The Governor should have better addressed the investigation into Michael Brown's death.
The Ferguson Chief of Police is getting a bum rap. Michael Brown was the first killing in Ferguson this year. He is not handling the investigation and he is not in charge of the security - he only has 53 people on his police force. The Chief took a lot of heat from the Community and the press the first night of the protests and riots because they said he wasn't "tough enough" and didn't stop them - the next night the St Louis County Police used smoke bombs and tear gas to try and clear the streets and suddenly the Media and citizens are screaming Police Brutality. He is in a no win situation.

Clearly - Captain Johnson's method of forcing the police to stand down and watch the looting, is not a good solution .... but the Black Community Leadership praised that strategy today.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Just to throw this out to HappyTexan from the other thread. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do not speak for us. We did not ask or clamor for them. Why people think we want them is beyond me. This should be more evident as the people down there in Ferguson booed and hollered all types of expletives at Sharpton. We don't care for Sharpton or Jackson.

It's unfortunate that when something happens, these two clowns find their way to a camera.
In the case of Sharpton the mom did call him up and ask him to come.
Jackson appeared there as well..yesterday or today.

What was refreshing to see is that Sharpton got boo's.
And there were also some harsh words about Jackson as well.
Seems one of the two asked people for $100 donations.

I was reading the twitter account and what the people were saying.
So maybe Sharpton and Jackson's days are numbered.....

Old 08-16-2014, 03:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Is the bold not what i said in my post ?

You think it is victimhood, that is fine, its a free country and you are allowed to have that opinion, but as i said, you wouldnt say that to some right wing watch dog group simply because you agree with them.
What is this fixation on the political right wing ?
There is no "White peoples" spokesperson therefore there is no comparison.

Al and Jesse are ambulance chasers..plain and simple.
They are out for personal gain and fame.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:22 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Ferguson Chief of Police is getting a bum rap. Michael Brown was the first killing in Ferguson this year. He is not handling the investigation and he is not in charge of the security - he only has 53 people on his police force. The Chief took a lot of heat from the Community and the press the first night of the protests and riots because they said he wasn't "tough enough" and didn't stop them - the next night the St Louis County Police used smoke bombs and tear gas to try and clear the streets and suddenly the Media and citizens are screaming Police Brutality. He is in a no win situation.

Clearly - Captain Johnson's method of forcing the police to stand down and watch the looting, is not a good solution .... but the Black Community Leadership praised that strategy today.
Nah. Chief Jackson is the one who apparently decided to reveal the video of the strong-arm robbery by Michael Brown. That only made things worse. He's terrible; he should be fired.

The police and whatever agencies are now involved should be concentrating on the investigation, and should have provided the details of the shooting by now. They should be updating the community on all the efforts they are making to investigate. They are clearly dragging their feet on revealing the facts of the case. If the facts were in favor of the cop who shot Brown, would there be such a delay?

Old 08-16-2014, 03:22 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
They act like it's all about the injustice of the MB killing. But they riot and loot for many, many reasons.

A couple of years ago a tornado went through North Minneapolis. The Tornado sirens had barely given the all clear when they were stealing TV's and valuables out of damaged homes. They were stealing from their neighbors. People got shot by neighbors trying to protect their property.

There was a time when people in North Minneapolis would have been helping each other and there would have been NO STEALING. And that part of town has always been blue collar, lower to middle class. Never affluent.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-16-2014 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 08-16-2014, 03:23 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Default I guarantee that the people of Ferguson will be pissed off about the curfew.

It seems that these people are hell bent on being pissed off.

Never mind that all evidence now points to the fact that the thug was indeed assaulting a police officer.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What is this fixation on the political right wing ?
There is no "White peoples" spokesperson therefore there is no comparison.

Al and Jesse are ambulance chasers..plain and simple.
They are out for personal gain and fame.
Yes there is.

You are talking about individuals who you claim pray on the fears of a group of people.

Does it matter if those people share the same color or an ideology, the basis of your argument would still be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies