Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 12:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If none of the eye-witnesses report that Michael Brown twirled around and advanced toward the cop in a threatening manner ---then I will not believe that he did that. I don't think even the police have ever said that, just posters on here.

From all the witnesses it sounds like Brown was retreating. He had already been shot once in the arm right by the car, and was shot again while retreating from the car. Brown's body jerked and then he was just starting to turn around and raise his arms, but didn't get a chance to do much more because a barrage of gunshots killed him. His friend Johnson also said that Brown was starting to sink to his knees and that might have involved a step forward in order to do that, which the cop may have misread as an advance towards him.

It sounds like the cop just lost his head. But we won't know until more of the evidence and autopsy results are revealed.
Go read about Sophia King incident in Austin TX.
Then think twice about what the witnesses say.

Sometimes the color of your skin takes priority over the truth.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:05 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
If none of the eye-witnesses report that Michael Brown twirled around and advanced toward the cop in a threatening manner ---then I will not believe that he did that. I don't think even the police have ever said that, just posters on here.

Witnesses can be incredibly unreliable, one of them even happened to be an accomplice in the robbery with Brown.

If the witnesses are claiming that Brown was shot in the back, yet the forensics evidence indicates that it simply isn't true, they can't be regarded as anything but lacking credibility.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:

From all the witnesses it sounds like Brown was retreating. He had already been shot once in the arm right by the car, and was shot again while retreating from the car. Brown's body jerked and then he was just starting to turn around and raise his arms, but didn't get a chance to do much more because a barrage of gunshots killed him. His friend Johnson also said that Brown was starting to sink to his knees and that might have involved a step forward in order to do that, which the cop may have misread as an advance towards him.

It sounds like the cop just lost his head. But we won't know until more of the evidence and autopsy results are revealed.
A Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at the Scene of the Ferguson Shooting is a Game-Changer

Old 08-17-2014, 12:06 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm sure it was on the autopsy report which way the bullets entered.
And both Brown's mom and the DOJ are doing their own "independent" autopsies now.

The Brown family and the attorney have completed their autopsy, they asked the federal government to do a third on the body.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:07 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Poor Dr Baden.

This won't end well for him.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:08 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint
Don't distract us!

Old 08-17-2014, 12:12 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Go read about Sophia King incident in Austin TX.
Then think twice about what the witnesses say.

Sometimes the color of your skin takes priority over the truth.
I read some of it and I don't get your point.

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
The Brown family and the attorney have completed their autopsy, they asked the federal government to do a third on the body.
What was the results of the first and second autopsy reports?

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Maybe you aren't aware of this but the DOJ put a quota on how many minorities can get disciplinary action at school.

That "guidance" went out last year to all schools. So we're not coddling it..we're totally ignoring it and not recording any incidents of it now.
I am NOT talking about discipline in the school...it ALL starts at home.

The deeper conversation about accountability needs to start within the community. We need to have this conversation behind closed doors. We need to deal with the environment that is shaping and allowing the behavior.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Do you have a link to that?
I'll just post the link to the Dear Colleague letter with a note that schools must provide the FedGov with a monthly discipline report that includes race of the student.

You can go off to research further as to the outcome and what schools are doing to stay within the DOJ's quota of fairness.

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/lis...1-title-vi.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies