Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 05:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times

Advertisements

I witness testimony is the most unreliable testimony generally offered according to the studies and experts in science. The very structure of the human eye creates two blind spots. When vision is focused on an object greater than arms length an extremely small area is actually in focus and the rest is filled in by the mind with aid of peripheral vision. So what we have is a large degree of fuzzy vision.
Convincing evidence is more likely to come from, autopsy, ballistics, blood spatter, finger prints, photo-video and voice recordings, DNA and etc..
Just thought I'd throw that out while all the speculation is in play.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:01 PM

6,807 posts, read 14,023,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's the first I've EVER heard about protesters protesting and looting at the same time.

Maybe your mad at the looters. You do understand the two groups are separate right??

The police certainly didn't know the difference so it is possible.

Reggie

Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
I run 3 businesses. Am involved in my community. And help a sibling recovering from a traumatic brain injury.

My parents are successful business owners.

We ALL see a problem.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:07 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Yep. You can find 3 on youtube right now. If you haven't watched the witnesses' testimony at this point, you probably shouldn't be commenting knowledgeably in this thread.
I don't rely on statements [not 'testimony'] given to media by self-proclaimed witnesses. I'm able to do what you pretend to do --- wait and see what the best evidence reveals.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't rely on statements [not 'testimony'] given to media by self-proclaimed witnesses. I'm able to do what you pretend to do --- wait and see what the best evidence reveals.
Wow.

Then maybe you shouldn't be discussing this incident since you don't like to review evidence. That's kinda key in solving any case.

You don't want to look at all evidence is a better way to put it. Just be real.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Wow.

Then maybe you shouldn't be discussing this incident since you don't like to review evidence. That's kinda key in solving any case.

You don't want to look at all evidence is a better way to put it. Just be real.
If they were real witnesses then they can not talk to the press.
That's what Johnson's lawyer said because Johnson is now a Federal witness.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:11 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,743 times
Quote:
That's the first I've EVER heard about protesters protesting and looting at the same time.

Maybe your mad at the looters. You do understand the two groups are separate right??
I agree that not all the protesters are looters, but some of them are. Even MSNBC has admitted that much.

But honestly, I'm not mad at any of them. I understand that a lot of this activity is backlash against years of enduring poverty and political disenfranchisement. I get that. But everyone needs to wait for the investigation to be complete before they assume the police officer was wrong in this case.

All we know so far is that Brown allegedly committed a robbery and then assaulted a police officer and died as a consequence. The initial autopsy and forensic evidence supported the police officers version of the story and the Brown family didn't like that, so they asked for another autopsy. Which they were granted by the feds. Let the process play itself out before judging anyone.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-17-2014 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: too many people are color blind

Old 08-17-2014, 06:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Another elected official call's the Brown incident an assassination.

Everybody seems to hate the cops now.

Ferguson's Congressman Has 'No Confidence' In Local Cops To Give Brown Family 'A Fair Shake'
"That's why they did what they did today, was to negatively influence a jury pool in St. Louis County," Clay said. "Just to assassinate Michael Brown's character is wrong. He was already assassinated, so now you're going to assassinate his character? What kind of human being are you?"

Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM

6,807 posts, read 14,023,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If they were real witnesses then they can not talk to the press.
That's what Johnson's lawyer said because Johnson is now a Federal witness.

What is a real witness compared to a fake a witness. You have two females who claimed to see most of the confrontation and told their story. The police will compare what they say they saw with ballistics and the autopsy. If they match the cop is screwed. If they don't the witnesses will be deemed unreliable. This is not rocket science.

Reggie

Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
We will see what they say under oath.
When has "under oath" mattered to either side? I'd suggest never.
Examples:
1. I did not have sex with that woman.
2. We do not spy on any american citizens nor do we gather any data.
3. Her emails were lost when her hard drive crashed.
4. You can keep your doctor PERIOD
5. You can keep your health insurance PERIOD.
6. I did not kill Nichole and Ron.
7. I did not plant evidence.
8.He was a good boy, a gentle giant who never did no wrong.
9.Do I need to go on as there's many,many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies