Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 06:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So now he has priors even though the Chief said he had no priors. Simply because someone on here said it so.

Only facts please.
Yes facts are good. "Everyone!" Gtownoe should try waiting for them.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Not as an adult.

His youth record will remain unknown.....unless a judge lets it in. (if there is one)
Exactly, no ADULT record. So, for a small part of one year he wasn't caught doing anything criminal (prior to the robbery).

Old 08-17-2014, 06:50 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Exactly, no ADULT record. So, for a small part of one year he wasn't caught doing anything criminal (prior to the robbery).
Well.....at least he was not charged.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:51 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes facts are good. "Everyone!" Gtownoe should try waiting for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
There was no reason to add that word when "There are no charges against Mr Brown" would be sufficient. The only reason to do that is to insinuate that Mr Brown had charges against him before he became an adult. I'll leave it to the race experts to call this what it is!

Thank you Ih2puo.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
No murders this year.

What do YOU do to help inner city communities? Or distressed people in general?
What do "those people" do to help themselves? Why do they wait for someone else? These same people claim it's too hard to do something as simple as obtaining a voter ID. How can we expect that they will do what it takes to "legally" help themselves.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
No murders this year.

What do YOU do to help inner city communities? Or distressed people in general?
What do I do? I teach interview skills and life skills to women who have escaped abusive relationships and have been through a life skills training program to teach them white collar, office related skills so they can move out of low paying jobs.

I volunteer at our local food bank.

Among other things. I'm not going to list all the things I do, because I'm not here to brag. But I have lived in the projects before, I've been in an abusive situation before, I've lived IN A COMMUNITY much like the one Mike Brown lived in, and I know what and who perpetrates a cycle of poverty.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:00 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,743 times
[quote=texan2yankee;36125551]I read Brown had no prior adult record. "#STL County Prosecutors office confirms that Michael Brown had no adult criminal record."{/QUOTE]

That's their way of saying he had a juvenile record, but they can't talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
He was 18 years old, right? When does one become an adult and no longer a juvenile in eyes of the legal system?
Well, he certainly didn't waste any time trying to establish an adult record for himself. Barely 18 and already robbing stores and assaulting police officers. Clearly a good kid.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:01 PM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh, yes, true. So because of that they can claim no priors.
I didn't say nor imply Brown had juvenile priors, petch. We don't know Brown's juvenile history, if there is one or not.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:01 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times
Quote:
The only murder/killing there this year has been Mike Brown's.

I'm tired of hearing the "1 mistake" argument made for one, but not for the other. If Brown could have made, 1 mistake than so could the officer.

What the protesters are demanding is not impossible. It's VERY possible. Transparency is what the people want. Body cameras on officers and an Independent Investigative body. That's not too much to ask.

Especially when we're spending billions elsewhere to help people.
Murders have a lot of variability. Ferguson had none yet this year, but eight last year and six the year before that. Or course , it is also important to note that Ferguson stopped publishing individual crime reports last year....

Old 08-17-2014, 07:02 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
So now he has priors even though the Chief said he had no priors. Simply because someone on here said it so.

Only facts please.
ONLY FACTS PLEASE?

I ASKED FOR PEOPLE TO WAIT FOR FACTS LAST WEEK AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SAID?

YOU CALLED ME A RACIST.

Calming down now? Seeing how the facts aren't all on your side? Oooooh now we need to just weigh facts!

I'm not dumb enough *cough* to comment further for fear of getting an infraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies