Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 07:03 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Multiple witnesses' have already given their testimony. They did so immediately after the shooting.
Yes. There are already over thirty eye witnesses who have given statements, as I mentioned earlier, and expected to be nearly 100 if the FBI can find them all.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:04 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
ONLY FACTS PLEASE?

I ASKED FOR PEOPLE TO WAIT FOR FACTS LAST WEEK AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SAID?

YOU CALLED ME A RACIST.

Calming down now? Seeing how the facts aren't all on your side? Oooooh now we need to just weigh facts!

I'm not dumb enough *cough* to comment further for fear of getting an infraction.
If we could bring up the thread...

I stand by my statements.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:05 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Pu-lease. "Enduring poverty" and "political disenfranchisement" is so much bull-kaka. Some people are just a-holes and look for any excuse to steal, riot, destroy other's property and hurt people.
I don't disagree with you. Some people are definitely taking advantage of this situation to loot and destroy. Hopefully the police will crack down on them hard.

But many of the protesters are expressing frustration with a system that they believe doesn't serve them well. That also has to be taken into account and dealt with in a meaningful way.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:05 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
I don't see any reader comments anymore on the CNN Brown articles. I know the media is not the government, but I find it ironic that they cry about people interfering with their speech right yet the control the public's speech on their stories.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I don't disagree with you. Some people are definitely taking advantage of this situation to loot and destroy. Hopefully the police will crack down on them hard.

But many of the protesters are expressing frustration with a system that they believe doesn't serve them well. That also has to be taken into account and dealt with in a meaningful way.
They represent nearly 70% of the town's population and yet only 13% of them are registered voters.
They have only themselves to blame for "no representation".

Old 08-17-2014, 07:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Yes. There are already over thirty eye witnesses who have given statements, as I mentioned earlier, and expected to be nearly 100 if the FBI can find them all.
wow, 100 people hanging out on the streets.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't see any reader comments anymore on the CNN Brown articles. I know the media is not the government, but I find it ironic that they cry about people interfering with their speech right yet the control the public's speech on their stories.
I noticed that too. So pathetic. Clearly most people feel a certain way and CNN don't want to be associated with that.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Slightly unrelated, but to related to all of the negativity being spread about Ferguson.

Gov. Nixon just thanked the people in the community for feeding officers and others today. Residents have also lead the cleanup records.
Evidently it was a relatively decent middle class town until they tore down the projects in St. Louis and gave the residents Section 8 vouchers. The filth just migrated to the a cluster of apartments that Mike's grandma stays at. The complex account for about a third of the violent crime in the town although it's relatively small.

Why did the Michael Brown shooting happen here? : News

Quote:
They found it in an isolated corner of Ferguson that was flush with sprawling apartment complexes. Far from Ferguson’s leafy residential streets and quaint downtown, many people didn’t even know the apartments were part of the city until young Michael Brown was shot and killed there Aug. 9.

But not the police. They knew.

After decades of relative calm and stability, the apartments have become a tinderbox for crime. Canfield Green Apartments and the nearby Oakmont and Northwinds complexes are a study of the slow encroachment of poverty and social distress into what had been suburban escapes.

Angela Shaver has witnessed that sea change since she moved into Canfield Green Apartments 20 years ago. The state employee said she raised a prom queen there and sent her off to college.

There used to be a swimming pool. Now, there’s a bullet hole in the door below her.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:16 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, 100 people hanging out on the streets.
Yea, right at the same place too. Talk about being at the right place at the right time when one of their own was killed by a white cop. Normally nobody sees anything even if someone gets shot right infront of their face.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:19 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Evidently it was a relatively decent middle class town until they tore down the projects in St. Louis and gave the residents Section 8 vouchers. The filth just migrated to the a cluster of apartments that Mike's grandma stays at. The complex account for about a third of the violent crime in the town although it's relatively small.

Why did the Michael Brown shooting happen here? : News

Just like what happened in Memphis. They gave the people in housing projects vouchers to spread out around the city and get better lives, better schools. Instead they ended up spreading crime around the city and ruining the schools. The people hurt the most were working class blacks who lived in the areas that were solid middle class areas with decent schools before the projects were razed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies