Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 05:16 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Excellent post.
If the black community does not want these kinds of things happening, the black community must change from within and teach young black men to respect life and property. I keep hearing that Michael Brown was such a "good kid".....but Michael Brown strong arm robbed a convenience store and assaulted the owner. That is not a good kid by any stretch of the imagination......that is thuggish. Thug life seems to be glorified in the black community from rap music talking about ho, b*tches and cop killings to approval and turning a blind eye to robberies like the one Michael Brown committed. When is the black community going to start teaching its children to respect ALL life and property?
Thank you, there was a time in my life I defended these people, I felt sorry for them, and raised my son to respect them...but no more....respect has to be earned...there was also a time when I feared talking out against them due to law suits...well yanno what, it's time we all stand up to them and sue them right back...it's time this all stop....I'm sick to death of hearing about slavery....they rape and kill their own and rob from each other, rob sick old men and women? Michael Brown was a thug...indeed, and a thug gets worse with time...it all starts out one little thing at a time...and then gets worse and worse, if we dont' start standing up to this and all the other criminal actions that are taking place in this country, then we ourselves are just as guilty....for allowing it...
What is that saying about a man doing nothing...well, it's time....

Old 08-18-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
It's wrong. Birthdays do not match. Those cases belong to a different Mike Brown who is slightly older. (And those cases are on public court records, not a sealed record.)
yanno what, it doesn't and shouldn't matter, this has nothing to do with this case...and the media who are reporting on this are simply fueling the situation or trying to....
Regardless, what these people are doing in Fergason is wrong, wrong, wrong.....

Old 08-18-2014, 05:25 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
The angle and trajectory of the bullets is going to be very important.

One of the bullet holes is to the right thumb pad, which would make sense if a bullet was fired at Brown when his hands were facing his shooter.

The other three bullet injuries to the right arm run up the inside surface of the arm. It would seem that the angle of entry and trajectory of those bullets would be quite different depending on whether his arms were up in the air or if he were running back towards the cop.

It's very counter-intuitive and strange for anyone to run towards a person shooting a gun at you. That's a battle anyone would know they are going to lose even if they think they can fling themselves on the cop and wrestle with him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us...ml?smid=tw-bna

Old 08-18-2014, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Excellent post.
If the black community does not want these kinds of things happening, the black community must change from within and teach young black men to respect life and property. I keep hearing that Michael Brown was such a "good kid".....but Michael Brown strong arm robbed a convenience store and assaulted the owner. That is not a good kid by any stretch of the imagination......that is thuggish. Thug life seems to be glorified in the black community from rap music talking about ho, b*tches and cop killings to approval and turning a blind eye to robberies like the one Michael Brown committed. When is the black community going to start teaching its children to respect ALL life and property?
what I saw Eyewitness News do yesterday, made me want to vomit...seriously....they are fueling these people on purpose to keep it going, at all costs, and it doesn't matter to them if someone is hurt or killed....they keep reporting lies to get these people all heated up....

I belonged to a predominately black church, at one time, and they to would be disgusted with this...but they don't and didn't go out into their communities and talk up against it...so, how are they right, and how are we as American's right for allowing them to continue to do this....?

No more, I won't stick up for someone who isn't going to go out there and work for themselves....
it is time you all pick yourselves up and do something respectable...and you want to glorify your Lord, then do what is right and stop this nonesense, your making fools out of everyone....
EVERYONE! Yourselves, your children, your church, your neighborhoods, everyone...your effecting so many other lives in such a negative way....

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-18-2014 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-18-2014, 05:46 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
From the autopsy reports it looks like the officer executed Brown.

Going to sleep. Looks like this isn't over.
“This one here looks like his head was bent downward,” Baden said, indicating the wound at the very top of Mr. Brown’s head. “It can be because he’s giving up, or because he’s charging forward at the officer.”

One thing it's not consistent with is your witness statements that Brown was standing with his hands up. Maybe now you can find another witness who'll claim Brown was on his knees and the cop walked over and shot him on the top of his head.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
“This one here looks like his head was bent downward,” Baden said, indicating the wound at the very top of Mr. Brown’s head. “It can be because he’s giving up, or because he’s charging forward at the officer.”

One thing it's not consistent with is your witness statements that Brown was standing with his hands up. Maybe now you can find another witness who'll claim Brown was on his knees and the cop walked over and shot him on the top of his head.
I just saw a prominent forensic examiner interviewed on CNN. He said that the downward trajectory of the bullets to the head could result as Brown was beginning to collapse and fall forward, or from "charging like a bull." But he said the second scenario was less likely than the first.

The closest witness, Darien Johnson, said that Brown was beginning to get to his knees which would be preceded by a downward movement of the head. Just try to get on your knees yourself, your head goes downward, especially if you are simultaneously trying to raise your arms, so you can't use your arms on the ground to help you balance.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,008 times
...or the person was looking down at the ground. It isn't rocket science that the neck bends.

Quote:
One of the bullets entered the top of Mr. Brown’s skull, suggesting his head was bent forward when it struck him and caused a fatal injury
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us...t-6-times.html

Old 08-18-2014, 05:57 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,521,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Just to throw this out to HappyTexan from the other thread. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do not speak for us. We did not ask or clamor for them. Why people think we want them is beyond me. This should be more evident as the people down there in Ferguson booed and hollered all types of expletives at Sharpton. We don't care for Sharpton or Jackson.

It's unfortunate that when something happens, these two clowns find their way to a camera.
Yea they never help anything, but this situation and others like it are getting on my nerves.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:59 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,049 times
Guess what??

You cannot strongarm a store owner than resist arrest when pursued by a LEO and expect things to not escalate. Unfortunately, when you do that, you could die.

Natural selection took care of Michael Brown and now the mental midgets want to whine about their "gentle giant".

Old 08-18-2014, 06:00 AM

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times
I see the National Guard was needed to control the criminals in Ferguson. So will Eric Holder publish the names of soldiers forced to use force to restore peace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies